U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-04-2012, 02:01 PM
 
400 posts, read 831,994 times
Reputation: 246

Advertisements

[quote=D. Scott;22846456]I meant the people getting locked up for possession.

Quote:
No, Someone should not be shot for that.
Well someone was.

Quote:
They may have thought he was reaching for something. 2 sides to every story.
Well because the cop THOUGHT he was reaching for something that kid is dead. Judge Jury and Executioner cop. How do we know the cop didnt just kill the kid because he didnt like him?

Quote:
What I am saying in this thread is there are many great cops
What Im saying in this thread is that there are VERY little great cops.

Quote:
the easiest way to stay out of trouble is not to mess with things that get you there.
The easiest way to stay out of trouble is to STAY AWAY FROM THE NYPD.

Quote:
I have been on Earth 36 years, And in NYC for about 30. Guess how many times I got locked up? Zero. And most I know personally just the same.
You can barely speak/right correctly. You should really re-read what you write.

 
Old 02-04-2012, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
10,324 posts, read 12,409,777 times
Reputation: 15395
[quote=FlushingRepresenter;22846544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I meant the people getting locked up for possession.



Well someone was.



Well because the cop THOUGHT he was reaching for something that kid is dead. Judge Jury and Executioner cop. How do we know the cop didnt just kill the kid because he didnt like him?



What Im saying in this thread is that there are VERY little great cops.



The easiest way to stay out of trouble is to STAY AWAY FROM THE NYPD.



You can barely speak/right correctly. You should really re-read what you write.
Then one must stay indoors. Never leave the house. And get a tinfoil hat. They might be listening!

I am going out to get a coffee. I hope I do not get hauled in!
 
Old 02-04-2012, 02:16 PM
 
9,311 posts, read 13,839,731 times
Reputation: 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
How about giving some respect to the men and women, Italian, Irish and from all walks of life who risk thier lives as working Americans serving and protecting the public.
They can get some respect when they deserve it. And that means cleaning house. Problem is, cops have been so bad for so long, they can't clean house because there'd be nobody left; each and every cop either commits bad acts or covers them up or both.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 02:17 PM
 
107 posts, read 228,334 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
When you say they, do you mean the cops?

PLANTING CRACK ON PEOPLE AND BEGGING THE JUDGE FOR FORGIVENESS FROM THE JUDGE?

Jason Arbeeny we love and respect you, you are such an upstanding person!

When a cop shoots a kid for having a bag of weed is he right in issuing that death sentence? This kid is now dead, the cope is the judge jury and executioner. This kid is NEVER coming back. He ran into his house, he has NO protection in his OWN home? How was this kid supposed to protect his own life against the officer? HE WASNT. HE HAD WEED and now HES DEAD.

Even if you break the law, you STILL HAVE RIGHTS, just because you're shop lifting doesnt mean your rights are extinguished. Under your logic we should give the death penalty for any crime. The cop decides and case closed.

Its funny, if you look at these old pictures of these mob guys and these Italian/Irish gangsters they look exactly like the cops do. Even the ones today highly resemble the cops.

Clean cut, short, little gut from enjoying all the pleasures of life they overindulge in.

Cops and mobsters.....the only difference between them is the quality of their suits.
The kid having a bag of weed isn't the reason the SNEU cops gave chase and followed him into his home. There were reports of dealing in that immediate area, they saw three fishy kids go in and out of several locations quickly, and heard another report of this particular kid having a gun tucked into his waistband. They shouldn't have gone into his home at all as there was no perception that this kid caused imminent life-threatening danger to anyone, but to say that the kid is dead only because had a bag of weed and the officers thought he deserved to die because of that is quite a stretch.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 02:41 PM
 
400 posts, read 831,994 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
The kid having a bag of weed isn't the reason the SNEU cops gave chase and followed him into his home
.

Actually thats the exact reason they chased him. They were there because there was a report of drug use.

Quote:
There were reports of dealing in that immediate area
ALLEGED a mere report is NOT a conviction of drug dealing/use. I thought you had to have proof and a report is merely heresay. A report doesnt give you the right to shoot anyone.


Quote:
They shouldn't have gone into his home at all as there was no perception that this kid caused imminent life-threatening danger to anyone, but to say that the kid is dead only because had a bag of weed and the officers thought he deserved to die because of that is quite a stretch.
I was claiming he didnt deserve to be murdered because of a bag of weed. And he definitely was MURDERED.

In reality all this kid had was a bag of weed and he was murdered for it. Everything else is supposition.

Did the cop really see a gun? We dont know.

We do know the kid is DEAD.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Putnam County, NY
549 posts, read 1,717,032 times
Reputation: 409
I have no direct comment on the debate going on here, except that both sides make decent points. OK, I'll say this: we need a CCRB and controls on police power; we need to monitor academy recruits to make sure that they do not become cops for the wrong reason. On the other side of the coin, police need to be able to prevent crime and keep us safe: cops should live in constant fear of criminals but not our legal system. As far as getting shot by the police, whether it's directly justified or not, that's often a case of "if you don't want to wake up with fleas, don't lie with the dogs!"
 
Old 02-04-2012, 03:04 PM
 
107 posts, read 228,334 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
.

Actually thats the exact reason they chased him. They were there because there was a report of drug use.
No, there were reports of drug selling, something much different. Nobody would make a complaint about some kid smoking a blunt, not to mention SNEU cops probably wouldn't be staking out and watching weed smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
.
ALLEGED a mere report is NOT a conviction of drug dealing/use. I thought you had to have proof and a report is merely heresay. A report doesnt give you the right to shoot anyone.
They were simply observing, what do you think 3 kids going in and out of separate locations in a suspected drug dealing area real quick are doing? Looking for the best deal on frozen veggies? There's no law saying cops aren't allowed to ask to speak to someone or ask them questions, just as there's nothing wrong with mouthing off to a cop or running away from them if you've done nothing wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
I was claiming he didnt deserve to be murdered because of a bag of weed. And he definitely was MURDERED.

In reality all this kid had was a bag of weed and he was murdered for it. Everything else is supposition.

Did the cop really see a gun? We dont know.

We do know the kid is DEAD.
You cannot say he was murdered. Did the cop really see or thought he saw a gun? We don't know is exactly right, so stop passing judgment like you know exactly what happened. Your "reality" is based on making judgments on an event that already happened, as you sit at your computer and read about it later. Thank God that's not how criminal cases are really investigated and prosecuted.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
7,901 posts, read 6,472,299 times
Reputation: 7088
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
...each and every cop either commits bad acts or covers them up or both.
This just made me laugh.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,768,765 times
Reputation: 6259
Cops are human mistakes are made. The kid should have stopped and taken his lumps instead he fled. He too made a mistake. Once the adrenaline gets going things spiral out of control in a hurry.

A feel bad for all those involved but to make this into incident into some sort of anti -cop spiel is pretty pathetic.
 
Old 02-04-2012, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,768,765 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
I have no direct comment on the debate going on here, except that both sides make decent points. OK, I'll say this: we need a CCRB and controls on police power; we need to monitor academy recruits to make sure that they do not become cops for the wrong reason. On the other side of the coin, police need to be able to prevent crime and keep us safe: cops should live in constant fear of criminals but not our legal system. As far as getting shot by the police, whether it's directly justified or not, that's often a case of "if you don't want to wake up with fleas, don't lie with the dogs!"
The NYPD is probably the most monitored police department in the country. Maybe the NOPD is probably scrutinized more. All of these suggestions you made would not prevent what happened.

The cops thought they saw a gun and fired. Unless evidence comes out that they intentionally tried to kill this boy I can't see how you classify this as a horrible mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top