Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:27 PM

400 posts, read 983,519 times

Advertisements

Thanks to the admirable and respectable officer of the NYPD the tax payers of the City Of New York are going to have to pay somewhere between 1-300 MILLION dollars to the family of the slain kid/teen/man.

Courtesy
Professionalism
Respect

NOT

Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Another thing for certain: Flushing needs to learn how to quote on a forum.

I thought my computer caught the bad aids for a while there.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:33 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Cops will always make mistakes and certain citizens will always hate them even if they didn't. Some conversations can never be resolved, such is life. One thing for certain in a large department like the NYPD is that painting with a broad brush makes whoever is doing it an idiot: the defender or the hater.
Well said. the OP is an angry one, And will not see any other side to this. His/her eyes: All NYPD are ruthless killers.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:51 PM

107 posts, read 272,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post

Reports of drug dealing are mere SUPPOSITION and are not in any way indicative of any criminal guilt. It is not illegal to enter and exit a store a BILLION times if you choose to do so.
I never said it was illegal to do so, I would say that the totality of the circumstances did make it reasonable to observe the bodega in question and also the three teens. Again, it was also reasonable for the officers to want to ask the teens what they were doing. None of the above actions require any indication of criminal wrongdoing, in fact any citizen of the U.S. could do this if they wanted.

Quote:
Reports of an officer seeing the butt of a gun? WHERE IS THAT GUN? WHERE THE F IS IT? YOU CANT SEE SOMETHING THAT DOESNT EXIST.
I already addressed this several times. What you are doing is using future knowledge to judge past events.

People see things all the time and it turns out what they thought they saw wasn't what it actually was. Why do you think eyewitness testimony is so unreliable?

Quote:
You would/are a bad policeman for MURDERING a kid who was flushing weed down a toilet.

The only thing you said that makes sense and is realistic.
I didn't know you could claim someone is a murderer without him being found guilty of murder? Do you mind if I claim the deceased teenager is an armed drug dealer whose family condones his behavior? Or make similar judgments on other suspected criminals?

Quote:
Yea because you witnessed and participated in it. I am using my knowledge of the law in conjuction with the reports/facts that were given by the NYPD/media.
Yes, you are using these tools and presenting these reports as fact, you have already decided the police officer is a MURDERER. Before he has even been arrested, arraigned, indicted, convicted, and sentenced. Do constitutional rights only exist for non police officers?

Quote:
Theres one dead kid and NO GUN.

Unless you have this mysterious gun? Or at least the "butt" of it. Could you manifest this gun/butt so we can have a reason for this kid to be dead?
No gun found does not automatically mean the kid was murdered. Stop using future knowledge to judge past events.

The Problem of Perception (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Last edited by Matt00926; 02-04-2012 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 02-04-2012, 05:59 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
The OP does not like cops, Period.

Who you going to call if you are in trouble then? Batman?

I respect and admire cops. There are ones who abuse their power, But it is not the majority. To say all cops commit crimes and cover them up is bizarre to say the least.
Well done.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:59 PM

409 posts, read 497,817 times
Damn guys...I'd like to apologize to the rest of the board, this guy is giving people from Flushing a bad name.

Hell, the cops I've met with in Flushing are nice dudes to talk to and friendly. I have no sympathy for people who commit crimes whether they be corrupt cops or criminals. So I'm not shedding any tears for the kid.

Also, "Mr. Representer" you're judging the cop in hindsight, people make mistakes, unless you want to develop robot cops, policemen will mess up, like in this case where they might have justifiably thought they were in danger from a kid trying to pull what they thought was a gun on them.

P.S. I have a friend going to John Jay who's intent on being a police officers, I knew him since childhood and he's one of my closest friends. Are you saying that he'll become a criminal once he joins the NYPD? You obviously already have an agenda in mind with what you posted.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Again, it was also reasonable for the officers to want to ask the teens what they were doing. None of the above actions require any indication of criminal wrongdoing, in fact any citizen of the U.S. could do this if they wanted.
Correct.

Quote:
People see things all the time and it turns out what they thought they saw wasn't what it actually was

Well in this case, the person, the NYPD officer ALLEGEDLY saw something and acted on that supposed sight and now a person is dead for the wrongness of the officers sight.

Quote:
I didn't know you could claim someone is a murderer without him being found guilty of murder? Do you mind if I claim the deceased teenager is an armed drug dealer whose family condones his behavior? Or make similar judgments on other suspected criminals?
I didnt know someone could claim someone is a drug dealer without him being found guilty of Possesion of Narcotics with intent to sell PLO 240.16.

HA! Its still early in the incident and it would be quick to say he is a murderer but unless that gun is produced, this is murder.

The officer was wrong on almost EVERY level. Chasing suspects

Quote:
Do constitutional rights only exist for non police officers?

You have ALOT of nerver asking that question. Cops planting crack on people and destroying the lives of people and cops shooting kids who allegedly have guns that cant be found and are now dead.

We pay the cops to protect and serve us. But it seems all they do is terrorize people and KILL PEOPLE. They should be held to the highest standard in regards to upholding the law. ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS KID? He is dead. He shot that kid in his chest and that kid is DEAD.

That baby ortiz guy (allegedly) shot the cop in the head and hes possibly going to go to jail for a long long time.

This cop killed this kid in his own F'in home and this cop is going to cost the city MILLION and MILLIONS of dollars not to mention the loss of this kid.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:22 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,210,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
There are ones who abuse their power, But it is not the majority.
If the cops who abuse their power are not the majority, why don't the others bring them to justice? It is their JOB to do so, after all!

Old 02-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
If the cops who abuse their power are not the majority, why don't the others bring them to justice? It is their JOB to do so, after all!

The Blue wall of silence is a powerful intangible barrier.

They will come and KILL YOU for breaking it.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:08 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Come on now, admit that this level of anger cannot possibly arise from incidents involving other people. Something must have happened in your past between you and the NYPD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City