U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 PM

791 posts, read 1,212,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Before the mod squad shut this thread down I wanna give my take on the nypd. I think the nypd needs to be reformed from the top down and also do a better job at screening canidates and turning down bad ones and not potential good ones. Have multiple medical exams to determine a fit cadnidate and have multiple psycho exams and panel opinioms to determine a candidates ego instead of one shot you fail and try again next year if any.

Two. Nypd needs money, the state or fed can give grant money or the city can raise taxes for the nypd to hire more community workers to get more involved with youths. From tutoring to speakers on why drugs and guns are dangerous. When I was growing up as a childvin dangerous mott haven the 40th precinct used to do send speakers and tutors to local schools, toy drives and so forth. A slew of things but not any more. The pal or police athletic league, during summer days and evenings kept youths out of trouble while everyone played basketbsll and other street games. Thanks to the economy this type of stuff for youths are limited or gone totally. Now with pal gone local kids either wanna be a blood, or a Trinitario, Mexicans with their cholos and ricans and their kings. If the nypd got more involved in community and helping.youths, that Graham kid would have not been shot and killed or maybe that Ortiz kid would have not shot that long island nypd guy back in the head and could be home raising his daughter and doing the wife. Instead these youths prefer to be with gangbangers and drugs, nypd, the govt aswell as family failed at saving these people.

Three. Ray Kelly needs to step down as a commissioner. From the Shawn bell case, to that rican and Italian cops who raped that white gentry transplant chick, these guys got off too easy. To giving these Steve Jobs ipjone loving Hipsters getting maced in the face causing occupy wall street to now with Bronx cops with ticket fixing, officer gets probation for planting drugs on suspects, to giving a Rodney king style beat down on a Bronx kid to killing a Bronx kid based on suspicion of a gun and last jubilant revelrs in bushwick praising Ortiz on shooting a cop in a gentrifying area? Something is wrong, there is a lot of division and before it gets worse ray Kelly should step down and save his face. Ohh yeah lets not forget about videos on showing rookies about Muslims are the enemy. And also his son, fox news anchor Greg Kelly who raped some chick. Kelly should go.

That's my three cents.
Well said.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:37 PM

448 posts, read 585,193 times
If I THINK I saw you with a gun, and THINK my life is in danger, can I kill you? Or is that courtesy only extended to cops?

Old 02-05-2012, 02:43 PM

669 posts, read 1,037,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt00926 View Post
Of course, but none of my examples were meant to classify entire groups or categories of people, just that there are some people like this out there. On a regular basis day and night outside there are people still living at home outside and sometimes inside my building selling drugs, I've never seen anyone publicly say anything to them about their behavior. It's quite possible there really isn't anything a parent can do aside from calling the cops, something pretty much no one would do including myself.

I remember from my studies that the research at the time consistently showed the #1 predictor of criminal behavior is being raised in a single headed household with no father figure. I think it makes sense, at least for me; my mom was tough but it was my dad who put the fear of God in me and I both respected and feared him so much that I didn't dare do half of the dumb stuff I wanted to do, and when I did I felt very ashamed/guilty. Not to mention all the positive reinforcement that I got from the good things I did.
This a fact being raised without a father has a profound affect on the psyche of children both males and females.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:44 PM

448 posts, read 585,193 times
Wait so wheres the hot pursuit at? The video clearly shows him WALKING into his home.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:08 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,080,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Wait so wheres the hot pursuit at? The video clearly shows him WALKING into his home.
And where was the search warrant, and what ever happened to just surrounding the house, and urging the alleged perp to come out with their hands up. It's clear to me that the police escalated the situation..

Old 02-05-2012, 10:49 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,524,969 times
Funny how the police bashers on this board conveniently forget to mention that the cops knew this kid very well with priors of drug dealing and I think robbery as well. At the end of the day, had he not been killed by the cops, he would of kept being a menes to society and kept doing his "hood" thang on the block.

Rightful or wrongful death, let's be honest, the streets are safer without him doing his "thang". It's one less drug dealer/thug to worry about. Not happy he died but that's what happens when you live that street lifestyle. You either get shot and killed by another "brotha", go to jail, or get shot by cops. Live by the gun, die by the gun.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:59 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,450,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Funny how the police bashers on this board conveniently forget to mention that the cops knew this kid very well with priors of drug dealing and I think robbery as well. At the end of the day, had he not been killed by the cops, he would of kept being a menes to society and kept doing his "hood" thang on the block.

Rightful or wrongful death, let's be honest, the streets are safer without him doing his "thang". It's one less drug dealer/thug to worry about. Not happy he died but that's what happens when you live that street lifestyle. You either get shot and killed by another "brotha", go to jail, or get shot by cops. Live by the gun, die by the gun.
The thing is one thug gone, another will take his place the next day and so forth. There needs to be more prevention and community policing involvement to help steer youths from gangs and drugs.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:20 AM

669 posts, read 1,037,775 times
Quote:
The thing is one thug gone, another will take his place the next day and so forth. There needs to be more prevention and community policing involvement to help steer youths from gangs and drugs.
Exactly killing off the existing thugs doesn't solve the problem.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:49 AM

400 posts, read 833,429 times
The NYPD are the real thugs.

The only difference between the kid at the deli selling weed and having a .22 caliber gun in his sweater is that the kid will do massive jail time for the two.

The "officers" (moar like hellspawns) will get off with probation.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:49 AM

10,334 posts, read 12,437,521 times
Quote:
Indeed Bronxguyanese. These youths get caught up one after the other in this lifestyle. The media portrays thugs as being glamorous. It does not help. it might be worth noting that some kids who grow up around this resist the pull and go on to do great things. What factors came into play here? Some kids are abused and do NOT grow up to repeat the same behavior. is it the person's mental strength and intelligence? Strong parenting/Role model intervention? or a combo of these?

It's sad, Regardless of who shot the kid that this is happening overall. every day in the news a youth shot/stabbed or jailed. The numbers are staggering. And some areas people get shot just standing in their living room cause a bullet came through the window! Messed up society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City