Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 09:18 PM

107 posts, read 271,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post

Well in this case, the person, the NYPD officer ALLEGEDLY saw something and acted on that supposed sight and now a person is dead for the wrongness of the officers sight.
Okay. That doesn't mean that the officer committed murder. I've never once said that the officer was right or wrong in shooting this kid, I've said multiple times that the SNEU officers didn't even have the right to enter the apartment.

Quote:
I didnt know someone could claim someone is a drug dealer without him being found guilty of Possesion of Narcotics with intent to sell PLO 240.16.
I never said anything of the sort. Read what I said again, you cannot claim as fact that this police officer committed murder, just as I cannot and have not claimed as fact that this kid was a drug dealer,

Quote:
HA! Its still early in the incident and it would be quick to say he is a murderer but unless that gun is produced, this is murder.

The officer was wrong on almost EVERY level.
Yet you've repeated over and over that the officer is a murderer and that this kid was murdered. And yet again, a shooting can still be justified even if no gun belonging to the suspect is ever found. There are Reasonable Belief standards which can allow for Good Faith mistakes. You really should take a course on the 4th amendment as it stands today before we continue this part of the discussion.

Quote:
You have ALOT of nerver asking that question. Cops planting crack on people and destroying the lives of people...
We aren't talking about that case and I've never once brought it up. I think the officer should have gone to jail not put on probation.

Quote:
We pay the cops to protect and serve us. But it seems all they do is terrorize people and KILL PEOPLE.
Okay? Police related shootings have been steadily declining in NYC. The majority of officers never fire their gun their entire career. Why don't you provide data instead of getting so emotional.

Quote:
They should be held to the highest standard in regards to upholding the law.
Correct

Quote:
ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS KID? He is dead. He shot that kid in his chest and that kid is DEAD.
Thanks for the update

Quote:
That baby ortiz guy (allegedly) shot the cop in the head and hes possibly going to go to jail for a long long time.
He also allegedly shot another woman on New Years day. He also allegedly shot twice at a guy who looked at him wrong just hours before he allegedly attempted to murder the police officer. 1 alleged murder and 2 alleged attempted murders all in 2012 and it's only February. If he's convicted of attempted murder of course he will go away for a long time. Having a double digit rap sheet probably doesn't help either.

Quote:
This cop killed this kid in his own F'in home and this cop is going to cost the city MILLION and MILLIONS of dollars not to mention the loss of this kid.
Yes, the cost to the city and the loss of any human life is tragic. Everyone has the inherent potential to make a mistake, sometimes those mistakes are deadly and costly in many unfortunate ways. Again, no one knows what was or wasn't going on in this officer's mind at the time, this is why the SCOTUS has objective reasonableness standards tests which are used on a case by case basis.

Last edited by Matt00926; 02-04-2012 at 09:29 PM..

Old 02-04-2012, 09:27 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,189,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Come on now, admit that this level of anger cannot possibly arise from incidents involving other people. Something must have happened in your past between you and the NYPD.

Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
FlushingRepresnter, you catch your broad with a face full of headboard gettin railed out by a Sergeant or something?

Old 02-04-2012, 09:28 PM

33,455 posts, read 46,864,463 times
The kid should not have ran from the police.
/thread

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,950,386 times
Quote:
Thanks to the admirable and respectable officer of the NYPD the tax payers of the City Of New York are going to have to pay somewhere between 1-300 MILLION dollars to the family of the slain kid/teen/man.

Courtesy
Professionalism
Respect

NOT
That's going to be done by firing some cops.who were involved in the shooting. An officers pay and pension in total is probably near 3 million dollars at most That money easily goes to plaintiff in a civil suit. The state saves a lot of taxes dollars by firing the cop and not by locking him or her up for x amount of years

Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM

669 posts, read 1,269,135 times
How are some of you defending the NYPD? Besides the case of this unarmed kid getting killed in his own house the NYPD has been outta control in the past year or two theirs been so many reports of polic misconduct.

We have this unarmed kid getting killed, cops planting drugs on innocent ppl, cops raping a women, NYPD ticket scam, cops selling guns, even former cops admitting that the NYPD falsifies crime stats to make everything seem safer.

Now I know the NYPD will never be perfect but that doesn't mean the department should not be criticized. Yes there are good cops but a huge number of cops are bullies especially to young minority males me and almost every other young minority male and even a lot of young white males that seem to urban that I know can attest to this.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
How are some of you defending the NYPD? Besides the case of this unarmed kid getting killed in his own house the NYPD has been outta control in the past year or two theirs been so many reports of polic misconduct.

We have this unarmed kid getting killed, cops planting drugs on innocent ppl, cops raping a women, NYPD ticket scam, cops selling guns, even former cops admitting that the NYPD falsifies crime stats to make everything seem safer.

Now I know the NYPD will never be perfect but that doesn't mean the department should not be criticized. Yes there are good cops but a huge number of cops are bullies especially to young minority males me and almost every other young minority male and even a lot of young white males that seem to urban that I know can attest to this.
The only one passing judgment in this thread is the anti-cop person. I have an opinion like everyone else but I don't present it as fact. I'll wait for the facts of the case to be displayed and argued before I make any conclusions about what happened.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:19 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt00926 View Post
No, there were reports of drug selling, something much different. Nobody would make a complaint about some kid smoking a blunt, not to mention SNEU cops probably wouldn't be staking out and watching weed smokers.

They were simply observing, what do you think 3 kids going in and out of separate locations in a suspected drug dealing area real quick are doing? Looking for the best deal on frozen veggies? There's no law saying cops aren't allowed to ask to speak to someone or ask them questions, just as there's nothing wrong with mouthing off to a cop or running away from them if you've done nothing wrong.

You cannot say he was murdered. Did the cop really see or thought he saw a gun? We don't know is exactly right, so stop passing judgment like you know exactly what happened. Your "reality" is based on making judgments on an event that already happened, as you sit at your computer and read about it later. Thank God that's not how criminal cases are really investigated and prosecuted.

That's why nypd really the mobile weapons scanner to see if potential suspects based not on suspicion or reasonable doubt and scan themn. Sad part is the nypd will scan mostly scan black people due to the fact they have high rates of murder, shootings arrests and gun running back and forth to grandma house in Virginia or south Carolina.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 02-04-2012 at 10:27 PM..

Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 PM

669 posts, read 1,269,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt00926 View Post
The only one passing judgment in this thread is the anti-cop person. I have an opinion like everyone else but I don't present it as fact. I'll wait for the facts of the case to be displayed and argued before I make any conclusions about what happened.

Regardless the cop was wrong in the case with that kid whether he had weed or ran he should not have been killed, I know being a cop is hard but there's no justifying killing a kid like that in his own home.

The NYPD really needs a makeover way too many issues keep coming up.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,436,908 times
Default New video released tonight on this shooting

Show's the cops busting into the teens home, after he walks in, without a search warrant.

Bronx Cop Shooting -- WPIX (http://www.wpix.com/videobeta/?watchId=51b3d18d-df84-4a14-9698-62d03d04442c - broken link)

Old 02-04-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
That's why nypd really the mobile weapons scanner to see if potential suspects based not on suspicion or reasonable doubt and scan themn. Sad part is the nypd will scan mostly scan black people due to the fact they have high rates of murder, shootings arrests and gun running back and forth to grandma house in Virginia or south Carolina.
My hope is those mobile scanners will be found unconstitutional, they sound like something out of "1984." Even Stop and Frisks are a horribly ineffective tool that have much higher costs than the benefits it produces.

Last edited by Matt00926; 02-04-2012 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Grammar...it's past my bedtime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City