U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:22 PM

791 posts, read 1,140,083 times

Advertisements

Item:

"18 year old is fatally shot by an officer after a chase"

NYT, 2/3/12

Apparently, these...um, law officers, chased this kid into his house. Yes, they shot him to death in his house. Gun? Apparently, he didn't have one.

Item:

"ex-Detective Avoids jail in drug case"

NYT, 2/3/12

"A former NYC police detective who was convicted of planting drugs on two people has been sentenced to probation after asking a judge not to send him to jail."

"Please, Sir, I'm begging you, don't send me to jail."

Boo, hoo, MoFo. Did'nt your innocent victims say the same thing?

Item: I got not one, but two tickets, for...illegal chicken roasting.

Last Tuesday (nice night, wasn't it?) I thought I'd go out to the park and cook some chicken breasts. Got the fire going, was having a nice time...when the Wonder Bread Trio showed. All about 25 - 30, about half my age.

They found a half empty beer can about 5 feet from me. They decided it was mine...that became my 'open container' citation. The second citation...I'm still trying to figure it out. It says 'discon' or defcon' or something like that. Now, I have to go to court to fight this nonsense. I have no doubt that the charges would be dismissed...but, I still have to miss a day of work.

Where are they getting these kiddies? Rejects from the Boy Scouts of America?

I am not a hater of the police. I am grateful to them that I can walk the streets without fear. But, they do need to rein this post teenagers in...and, possibly, stop putting so much pressure on them to write tickets, to fill some Bloomberg/Guiliani quota.

And, properly award those valiant 'Blue Knights' who, at great risk to themselves, bust real, felony criminals.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 PM

400 posts, read 784,475 times
RIGHT NOW as I type this and as you read this somebody in the 5 boroughs is being unlawfully arrested and beaten up by some megalomaniac cop for doing nothing but breathing or at most mouthing off to them (which is perfectly legal) and will ultimately at arraignment court take an ACD (stay out of trouble for 6 months and the case will be dismissed) instead of suing the pants off the NYPD/ City of New York.

This sh|t goes on EVERYDAY in this city. EV-ERY-DAY!

I wont even get into the whole race thing, its really the NYPD vs anyone who they feel they can make a cheap arrest and impose their will on.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:10 PM

8,816 posts, read 12,312,616 times
The NYPD is out of control, the system backs them up, and the "good citizens" back up the system. Until everyone wises up and hatred of the police becomes widespread and acceptable, nothing's going to change. Either that or they shoot the mayor's kid.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:08 PM

There are a bunch of problems with the NYPD.

1. A vast majority of the people who police the FIVE boroughs come from the outter suburbs of this city: Long Island Westchester etc. They have very little people skills and a upbringing of distrust and detest for city dwellers.

2. The war on drugs is a HUGE problem for America and more so New York City. Have you ever been to central bookings? 40% of the people there are for having a ridiculously miniscule amount of marijuana/weed/bud. Another 10% are for other drugs and the rest you have crimes where there is an actual victim. War on drugs?

WHO ARE WE FIGHTING? OURSELVES? COLOMBIA? AFGHANISTAN? ISRAEL (worlds largest exstacy producer/smuggler) ? MEXICO?

The war on drugs is the biggest hoax in American history and it gives NYPD officers false justification to VIOLATE your 4th and 9th Amendment rights, it keeps the prison system flooded which in turn lets them have a job. It breeds corruption on very high levels; cops taking bribes, cops selling/doing drugs, people becoming violent (robberies for more drugs, protecting drug turf) because of the criminalization of a chemical substance. There is SO much money involved with drugs its really mind boggling. Miami was built from the illegal proceeds of cocaine in the late 70's and early 80's. Kids getting shot for trying to flush weed down the toilet.

Everyone is involved in the drug trade, its not just Colombians/Dominicans/Puerto Ricans/Mexicans, from the elite socialite coaine parties on wall street to the alley way crack binger to the trying weed for the first time 13 year old skate boarder.

3. The whole culture and state of mind of the NYPD from the top to the bottom is (I hate this word) fascist. The justice system Moderator cut: Inappropriate language(As seen with the crack planting officer) and then lets themselves off the hook with minimal penalties for far MORE SEVERE CRIMES.

The NYPD is an Italian and Irish CRIMINAL SYNDICATE and that Moderator cut: Inappropriate language is NOT going to change anytime soon.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-06-2012 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language

Old 02-04-2012, 01:35 PM

9,733 posts, read 11,183,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
There are a bunch of problems with the NYPD.

1. A vast majority of the people who police the FIVE boroughs come from the outter suburbs of this city: Long Island Westchester etc. They have very little people skills and a upbringing of distrust and detest for city dwellers.

2. The war on drugs is a HUGE problem for America and more so New York City. Have you ever been to central bookings? 40% of the people there are for having a ridiculously miniscule amount of marijuana/weed/bud. Another 10% are for other drugs and the rest you have crimes where there is an actual victim. War on drugs?

WHO ARE WE FIGHTING? OURSELVES? COLOMBIA? AFGHANISTAN? ISRAEL (worlds largest exstacy producer/smuggler) ? MEXICO?

The war on drugs is the biggest hoax in American history and it gives NYPD officers false justification to VIOLATE your 4th and 9th Amendment rights, it keeps the prison system flooded which in turn lets them have a job.

3. The whole culture and state of mind of the NYPD from the top to the bottom is (I hate this word) fascist. The justice system (As seen with the crack planting officer) and then lets themselves off the hook with minimal penalties for MORE SEVERE CRIMES.

The NYPD is an Italian and Irish CRIMINAL SYNDICATE and that is NOT going to change anytime soon.

How about giving some respect to the men and women, Italian, Irish and from all walks of life who risk thier lives as working Americans serving and protecting the public. Yes, Their are bad cops just like in any profession. The main thing I see wrong with the justice system is the people who kill cops and others despite having a rap sheet a mile long. Arrested 10 times for felonies? That is a life, not a disorder. That punk who shot a cop this past week was a career criminal who though shooting a person is funny. SEND HIM TO GUANTANAMO BAY. then he will see funny....

An easy way to avoid getting busted with a "minuscule" amount of an illegal substance is easy. Don't use. They break the law and expect a red carpet to be rolled out for them. B.S. I don't care about "oh, He/she came from a broken home." Want a good life and better memories? Fight for it! Build a good life. it does not come in the form of smoke, A pill or a bottle. Anger works when applied positively I have found.

There will never be a perfect system, And corruption will be around as long as humans are.

Jeez.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-06-2012 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 02-04-2012, 01:52 PM

107 posts, read 213,005 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to central bookings? 40% of the people there are for having a ridiculously miniscule amount of marijuana/weed/bud. Another 10% are for other drugs and the rest you have crimes where there is an actual victim. War on drugs?
In the past I worked inside Brooklyn Central Booking for almost 3 years, I have to say that you are completely misinformed.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:15 PM

4,873 posts, read 8,469,073 times
What needs to happen is for some 50 year old white Wall St. exec type to get harassed and arrested {maybe even hit} by them.
He has to be a real hot shot though.
One with a lot of money. But he can't look the part. He should look like a regular guy--not in some 2000 dollar suit.
Let him get stopped and frisked by one of the 22yr old cops. Hopefully the cop shoves him and curses like they always do.

WA-LA! ...problem solved.
...for that week anyway.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
. They break the law and expect a red carpet to be rolled out for them.

When you say they, do you mean the cops?

PLANTING CRACK ON PEOPLE AND BEGGING THE JUDGE FOR FORGIVENESS FROM THE JUDGE?

Jason Arbeeny we love and respect you, you are such an upstanding person!

When a cop shoots a kid for having a bag of weed is he right in issuing that death sentence? This kid is now dead, the cope is the judge jury and executioner. This kid is NEVER coming back. He ran into his house, he has NO protection in his OWN home? How was this kid supposed to protect his own life against the officer? HE WASNT. HE HAD WEED and now HES DEAD.

Even if you break the law, you STILL HAVE RIGHTS, just because you're shop lifting doesnt mean your rights are extinguished. Under your logic we should give the death penalty for any crime. The cop decides and case closed.

Its funny, if you look at these old pictures of these mob guys and these Italian/Irish gangsters they look exactly like the cops do. Even the ones today highly resemble the cops.

Clean cut, short, little gut from enjoying all the pleasures of life they overindulge in.

Cops and mobsters.....the only difference between them is the quality of their suits.

Last edited by FlushingRepresenter; 02-04-2012 at 02:55 PM..

Old 02-04-2012, 02:52 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,362,957 times
Quote:
The NYPD is an Italian and Irish CRIMINAL SYNDICATE and that sh|t is NOT going to change anytime soon.

Quote:
Of the 22,199 officers on patrol, nearly 53% were black, Latino or Asian, marking the first time minorities outnumbered whites by any significant measure

Sauce

Old 02-04-2012, 02:53 PM

9,733 posts, read 11,183,563 times
Quote:
When you say they, do you mean the cops?

PLANTING CRACK ON PEOPLE AND BEGGING THE JUDGE FOR FORGIVENESS FROM THE JUDGE?

Jason Arbeeny we love and respect you, you are such an upstanding person!

When a cop shoots a kid for having a bag of weed is he right in issuing that death sentence? This kid is now dead, the cope is the judge jury and executioner. This kid is NEVER coming back. He ran into his house, he has NO protection in his OWN home? How was this kid supposed to protect his own life against the officer? HE WASNT. HE HAD WEED and now HES DEAD.

Even if you break the law, you STILL HAVE RIGHTS, just because you're shop lifting doesnt mean your rights are extinguished. Under your logic we should give the death penalty for any crime. The cop decides and case closed.

I meant the people getting locked up for possession.

No, Someone should not be shot for that. They may have thought he was reaching for something. 2 sides to every story. There are bad people who get into every profession, From accounting to retail to law enforcement and politics. What I am saying in this thread is there are many great cops, And the easiest way to stay out of trouble is not to mess with things that get you there. How about just doing that? Do the vice, pay the price. I have been on Earth 36 years, And in NYC for about 30. Guess how many times I got locked up? Zero. And most I know personally just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City