U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 02:31 PM

15 posts, read 26,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Congrats on raping the landlord and the system..yet another tenant abusing the system. You are bragging about living free for almost 2 years off the back of someone else....and I'm the joke?

Don't worry...Karma is a B&@$%

Take note landlords: Make sure to check bank statements that show rent payments being made. If there are not rent payments being made it means they are screwing someone else. Their credit report will show their last place of residence. Never go by a prior Landlord's referral/recommendation, because they could be just trying to get rid of their lousy tenant (see MRODNYC's comments above). And never take a tenant over 30 who is "first time renting"..which means they have no evidence of rent payment on their bank statements = could be screwing a landlord.

Protect yourself, get pay stubs, bank statements, credit checks, etc, and get a good feel for the tenant. Because at the end of the day, NYC is not on your side and the only leverage you have is the very beginning when choosing a tenant.
Once again , with the erroneous ingformation and clown statements.

I'm wondering if you suffer from dementia or you just have a problem with your reading comprehension skills. I paid rent for 22 months on my apartment. More than half of the last year of my lease my apartment was disgusting from the flooding. the landlord was harassing me and abusive.

He deserved EXACTLY what he got.

Furthemore I paid all of my rent (save for the inital security and deposit) in CASH... as the landlord PREFERRED. I kept ALL of my rent receipts. Prior to this situation I had a GREAT rental history. i paid my rent on time 99.9 percent of the time. And on the RARE occassions I didn't i STILL paid it within my 5 day grace period.

Quit talking out of your backend. You seem to think this situation is a personal attack on you. Avoiding the FACT that the landlord was in the wrong in first renting me an illegal apartment, followed by failing to repair it properly, and most importantly by harassing me after the fact.

Come back to reality... where EVERYONE else but you seems to live.

I guarantee you I will be moving into my next apartment with NO issues. I make over 80k a year. And I will be paying up to 6 months rent up front as well as having a reference letter.

I also guarantee you I will NOT be moving into an illegal apartment EVER again. Sorry, but the partial compensation was not worth the aggravation.

I didn't take advantage of anyone. I caught someone trying to take advanatage of ME, and I turned the tables on him. Simple.

Ironically, but not surprisingly this landlord has a site dedicated to him and his family created by tenants describing the HELLISH conditions they put up with and how they are terrible landlords. I wish I had seen this site BEFORE I moved in. My lawyer used that site as a basis in the negotiations. These aren't good landlords who were screwed, they are bad landlords who have been screwing their tenants for DECADES. if anyone received a dose of well deserved karma it was certainly them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 07:27 PM

To Keffir king. I paid my lawyer $3000 outright. I retained her in March. It was preferable to paying my scumbag landlord anything at all.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:29 PM

15,237 posts, read 23,800,738 times
I don't think you deserved squat. Once your apt flooded and the LL didnt do anything, you should have just moved.

but like another poster said, Karma is a beesh, and I agree with him

and I hope you get yours, you sound like a rotten greedy person, and you deserve nothing.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 AM

Default Nightcrawler... pfftt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I don't think you deserved squat. Once your apt flooded and the LL didnt do anything, you should have just moved.

but like another poster said, Karma is a beesh, and I agree with him

and I hope you get yours, you sound like a rotten greedy person, and you deserve nothing.
And i think your opinion is IRRELEVANT.

WHY would I move from my apartment when I was a responsible tenant paying my rent on time, and happy with my apartment it prior to the flooding, and I loved my neighborhood?

FYI, I was in a BINDING lease (this was 6 months prior to realizing it was an illegal apartment) so had I just left, I can only imagine this douchebag would have tried to sue me for breaking my lease. Why don't you THINK before you post. it will save you from looking like a fool after the fact.

Furthermore, as the LAW provides.....

It's the LLs LEGAL duty to fix any issues that come up with HIS building.

Its ALSO the LLS LEGAL duty to provide a SAFE living environment for tenants.

I did what I was supposed to do LEGALLY, he did NOT, and that is why I WON.

I personally dont give a SH*t what you think. And clearly neither did the judge. Obviously his intelligence trumps your ignorance of the law.

When a LL does something illegal and he is a certified douchebag, he deserves to be made to pay for it.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 AM

15,237 posts, read 23,800,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRodNYC View Post
And i think your opinion is IRRELEVANT.

WHY would I move from my apartment when I was a responsible tenant paying my rent on time, and happy with my apartment it prior to the flooding, and I loved my neighborhood?

FYI, I was in a BINDING lease (this was 6 months prior to realizing it was an illegal apartment) so had I just left, I can only imagine this douchebag would have tried to sue me for breaking my lease. Why don't you THINK before you post. it will save you from looking like a fool after the fact.

Furthermore, as the LAW provides.....

It's the LLs LEGAL duty to fix any issues that come up with HIS building.

Its ALSO the LLS LEGAL duty to provide a SAFE living environment for tenants.

I did what I was supposed to do LEGALLY, he did NOT, and that is why I WON.

I personally dont give a SH*t what you think. And clearly neither did the judge. Obviously his intelligence trumps your ignorance of the law.

When a LL does something illegal and he is a certified douchebag, he deserves to be made to pay for it.

you dont have to.

*****sticks tongue out*****

Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 PM

16 posts, read 65,288 times
^^^Quit fighting guys...lol. MRodnyc, I'm happy for you. I know there are really good LLs out there but alot of them have only one care and concern in the world. Receiving their rent on time. Whatever else goes wrong is basically pulling teeth to get them to respond appropriately. That being said, are you sure u wanna go down this route possibly again? Y not use your 24,000 as a deposit and purchase a home. Hell, buy a condo even. Renting is an evil that I wish I could avoid but hey, life's circumstances.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:03 PM

21 posts, read 90,899 times
if your willing to put yourself in this type of environment mind as well declare yourself homeless and live in a shelter. an 8x10 ft apt? and thats with a bathroom? and you complain about the air temperature? how cheap do you have to be to not buy a windowless air conditioner, the smallest cheapest one ever made would cool a closet that size. of course, this is assuming you have electricity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City