U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 08:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
You're going to have to move closer to Flushing Main Street or Jamaica sutphin/Parsons.

It would really cut that 20 - 30 minute bus ride out of your commute.

Try franklin avenue near main street and/or kissena if you dont mind living near chinese or indian people.
I don't mind living near any one
Will look into that option too, but won't that be just 5-10 minites difference because I am 20 mins away from main street flushing 7 station and moving closer to that area might only save me 5-10 minutes.
and if I move closer to main street-flushing then I think we have one LIRR stop there, which might be of help to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 PM

400 posts, read 833,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queens_fan View Post
Will look into that option too, but won't that be just 5-10 minites difference because I am 20 mins away from main street flushing 7 station and moving closer to that area might only save me 5-10 minutes.
and if I move closer to main street-flushing then I think we have one LIRR stop there, which might be of help to me.

Well I was taking the reference point of QUeens College. Its a 20 - 30 minute ride from Melbourne Avenue (QUeens College) to Roosevelt Avenue (Flushing).

5-10 minutes is a real low ball and underestimate.

ny - Google Maps

Old 02-05-2012, 09:55 PM

3,849 posts, read 7,312,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Why don't you try walking to the Fulton Street G train station, then transferring to the 7 at Court Square, then taking a bus home from Flushing?
The (G) doesn't run too frequently, and it makes a lot of stops in Brooklyn so I don't think she'd save much time, if any.

Plus, the transfer to the (7) at QBP is across the platform, whereas at Court Square you have to go through a passageway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queens_fan View Post
You're right that there's an LIRR stop in Flushing, but it won't do you much good. It'll give you another option (take the (2) or (3) to Penn Station for the LIRR), but that probably won't save much time, especially considering that the LIRR doesn't run too frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or