U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 PM

2,593 posts, read 3,868,480 times

Advertisements

Someone toss grigou a cruelty free, gluten free, Brooklyn based soy chai mocha latte with foam and he should be okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 04:02 PM

288 posts, read 499,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I have to be honest...I don't mind hipsters too much, but I relish the thought of completely dominating these guys in a physical altercation. Seriously, the only reason these guys even exist is because of the protection of the state. If the laws of nature were in full effect, these guys would have been wiped from the gene pool a long time ago. God forbid that the U.S. ever get drawn into a military conflct on the scale of WWII again. Are these the guys who are going to protect this country? We'd be better off sending a girl's softball team into combat.
I know, right? Those pathetic p uss ies have no right to roam the earth if they can't hold their weight in a street fight. As we all know, a man's true worth can only be asserted in a physical altercation. Look at Steven Hawkins and the like. Wholly out of touch with real Americans, physically unable to defend themselves and thus wholly dispensable. I must say I, too, always laugh at how easy it is to physically dominate these effeminate bearded morons. I mean, that's all I ever need to feel superior to others and feel good about myself: that I could beat the living crap out of defenseless people. Ah, what an alpha male I am. A true jewel of nature. As a matter of fact, I will take my Ford truck out of my man cave right now, speed to Williamsburg and defy the first bearded transplant yupster I see to a fight. And will remain victorious, as ever! One Bud Light for the road, and I will be off again to the lands of pure manliness and coal mines where a man can still be a man and doesn't have to wear girly jeans and hitler mustaches. You, sir, are repped. Can I ask which side of social darwinism appeals the most to you, besides the obvious fact that bearded transplant yupsters should, by all measures, not roam the streets?

Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 PM

4,925 posts, read 7,056,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grigou View Post
I know, right? Those pathetic p uss ies have no right to roam the earth if they can't hold their weight in a street fight. As we all know, a man's true worth can only be asserted in a physical altercation. Look at Steven Hawkins and the like. Wholly out of touch with real Americans, physically unable to defend themselves and thus wholly dispensable. I must say I, too, always laugh at how easy it is to physically dominate these effeminate bearded morons. I mean, that's all I ever need to feel superior to others and feel good about myself: that I could beat the living crap out of defenseless people. Ah, what an alpha male I am. A true jewel of nature. As a matter of fact, I will take my Ford truck out of my man cave right now, speed to Williamsburg and defy the first bearded transplant yupster I see to a fight. And will remain victorious, as ever! One Bud Light for the road, and I will be off again to the lands of pure manliness and coal mines where a man can still be a man and doesn't have to wear girly jeans and hitler mustaches. You, sir, are repped. Can I ask which side of social darwinism appeals the most to you, besides the obvious fact that bearded transplant yupsters should, by all measures, not roam the streets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Aaaaaand we welcome back to the house ladies and gentlemen:

City-Data's own grigou "the fantastic, sarcastic word magician"!!

Where things aren't as they seem.....or are they? Come one, come all to see this riveting blend of wit and humor where your eyes will surely be rolling back into your head at his brilliant mind games! But be on your toes ladies and gentlemen....he may just mind-**** you into oblivion.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:28 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,685,691 times
Quote:
I have to be honest...I don't mind hipsters too much, but I relish the thought of completely dominating these guys in a physical altercation. Seriously, the only reason these guys even exist is because of the protection of the state. If the laws of nature were in full effect, these guys would have been wiped from the gene pool a long time ago. God forbid that the U.S. ever get drawn into a military conflct on the scale of WWII again. Are these the guys who are going to protect this country? We'd be better off sending a girl's softball team into combat.
rep+

nah these guys will pull a Romney and go on "missionary leave".

Old 02-06-2012, 05:12 PM

16,047 posts, read 18,571,439 times
Quote:
Well said, rep you on that 1.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM

As an educated Native New Yorker I have two options, hang around the native ghetto high school drop out crowd many whom I know or hang around other educated people myself which most likley are from out of town unlike me. This is real tough. When I party and hang out Im always around Transplants, and I mostly try to score with Transplant chicks to the point where I prefer them for dating over Native chicks due to the fact native NY women here dont get thier head on thier shoulders and all sorts of freaking problems like child support collection and two babies from two differnet dudes in four years. All I like about the Transplants is the women and thats about it. The only problem i hate about transplant women is that many prefer alpha males. Most Transplants are white from what Ive seen, however I also met Asian and Black Transplants, they all have things in common and share a similar vision. As for Hispanics Transplants is a rare that I have seen one except from Puerto Ricans and Cubans from Florida and Mexicans from the west coast. They act very suburban. As for Hipsters I see them everyday here in mott haven no lie. I just cant stand their love affair for apple products and their passive stance on not fighting back. As for gentrification I can agree it helped improve certain areas however it came at a price, it ruined all things that made nyc nyc and its sad. Drinks are expensive as dinner meals, everyone is walking around with iphones, nyc accent is dying out for homogeneous accent, east village went from Goths to Hipsters a decade ago. Also gentrification destroyed nyc nightlife, no more mega clubs its all about small intimate lounges.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 02-06-2012 at 05:47 PM..

Old 02-06-2012, 05:29 PM

954 posts, read 2,793,165 times
I saw a Hipster fight in Greenpoint about 2 years ago. Very funny and entertaining, the verbal insults were hilarious, and the physical altercation involved pushing and shoving like kids, ha.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 PM

2,593 posts, read 3,868,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As an educated Native New Yorker I have two options, hang around the native ghetto high school drop out crowd or hang around other educated people myself which most likley are from out of town. This is real tough. When I party and hang out Im always around Transplants, and I mostly try to score with Transplant chicks to the point where I prefer them for dating over Native chicks due to the fact native NY women here dont get thier head on thier shoulders and all sorts of freaking problems like child support collection and two babies from two differnet dudes in four years. All I like about the Transplants is the women and thats about it. Most Transplants are white from what Ive seen, however I also met Asian and Black Transplants, they all have things in common and share a similar vision. As for Hispanics Transplants is a rare that I have seen one except from Puerto Ricans and Cubans from Florida and Mexicans from the west coast.
Sadly this goes back to upbringing.

I'm probably a rare case in that I don't have kids, I have a career and I have been paying my own rent since I was 17. I was raised to be independent and to work hard for everything I get. (These transplants were not however).

I have friends who I grew up with that fell right into that very trap you speak of. The 4 kids from 3 different guys, living off welfare or barely scraping by. These are the same ones who cry all the time "where are all the good guys at?" It takes all my strength to tell them "not looking for a girl in your position, that's for sure".

Getting pregnant is no excuse either. I have a friend who was pregnant at 16, but she had the kid, still finished high school, graduated from college and went on to the Coast Guard.

On the same token, I have friends I grew up with who are college professors, business owners and screenplay writers. It's all how you were raised. One pattern I do notice however, is the girls who had multiple kids never learned from their mistakes (and still haven't) and the ones who did more with their life did.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:24 PM

4,841 posts, read 8,201,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grigou View Post
You have got to be kidding me, right? Hello! Didn't you get the memo? With a population of over 8 million people, New York City shouldn't actually be called New York City anymore because IT HAS BEEN RUN OVER AND RUINED BY WHITE BEARDED MIDDLE WESTERN TRUSTFUND YUPSTERS!!!! Easily over 50% of people living in New York (and easily 80% of white people who dare to wear jeans and sneakers and facial hair and ride a bike are to be considered despicable transplant yupsters) are not pure-blooded New Yorkers and are RUINING this once great city with their bike lanes, vegan restaurants and organic milk they are imposing on the little endangered community of real New Yorkers who are left.

Gentrification is nothing else than code for RUINING THE IDENTITY OF THIS ONCE GREAT CITY. And YES! The blame goes entirely to white bearded middle western yupsters who turned this city into some kind of hippy nightmare. I mean, have you BEEN to Williamsburg lately? Nothing but entitled liberal trustfund-baby weird-dressing metrosexual "artist" (biiiig quotation marks here) white bearded yupsters. They should NOT BE ALLOWED to impose their twisted values on this city. Case closed.
So just because Williamsburg changed [for the better, I might add], the whole city is one giant white yuppie paradise? Please.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjanna74 View Post
Sadly this goes back to upbringing.

I'm probably a rare case in that I don't have kids, I have a career and I have been paying my own rent since I was 17. I was raised to be independent and to work hard for everything I get. (These transplants were not however).

I have friends who I grew up with that fell right into that very trap you speak of. The 4 kids from 3 different guys, living off welfare or barely scraping by. These are the same ones who cry all the time "where are all the good guys at?" It takes all my strength to tell them "not looking for a girl in your position, that's for sure".

Getting pregnant is no excuse either. I have a friend who was pregnant at 16, but she had the kid, still finished high school, graduated from college and went on to the Coast Guard.

On the same token, I have friends I grew up with who are college professors, business owners and screenplay writers. It's all how you were raised. One pattern I do notice however, is the girls who had multiple kids never learned from their mistakes (and still haven't) and the ones who did more with their life did.
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or