U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 AM

20,185 posts, read 26,506,670 times

Advertisements

Capitalists own the News Media, which in turn consist mainly of immense corporations on their own (like General Electric, Westinghouse, Disney, and Murdoch)
Unions own no media.
Consequently Unions have been maligned and busted ever since the advent of alzheimered Ronaly Reagan.

Of course those that OWN the means of production will do everrything they can to subjugate LABOR by les, innuendo or downright assault.
Yes, Corporations HATE Unions becasue Unions are the only check on their absolute powere now that government has abdicated that job.

The sad cases are the dummies without a pot to pyss in who join in the noise and who are ultimately cutting off their own noses as wages fall and fall and fall across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 AM

460 posts, read 512,785 times
Kefir King always is amusing, isn't he

Old 02-10-2012, 12:15 AM

46,054 posts, read 28,311,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
Kefir King always is amusing, isn't he
Well the best jokes are the true ones.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,527,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard....welp, lets send our problems elsewhere rather than fixing the problem...reshuffling poverty is never a good idea, but I guess if it is gonna be done, might as well shuffle the poor off to the Republican states I guess.
I'm not here to solve people's problems. That is a never ending issue plus people need to figure out how to overcome their problems on their own. What I want for myself and my community is to live peacefully without having these ghetto a$$ street people all in your face, acting all loud, rowdy and with a disregard for quality of life.

You can't have nothing nice without ghetto street people f'ing it up. A brand new building went up last year by Jerome Ave and Tremont. I went around the area a couple of days later and the whole side of the building had graffiti on it. It looked horrible and indicative of the trash that lives there. Even good intentions to improve neighborhoods get undone by ghetto people f'ing it up. So I don't think that's too much to ask for. And if that means they get shipped out of state, then so be it. I don't care. They deserve it. Let it be someone else's problem, not mine or my community.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I'm not here to solve people's problems. That is a never ending issue plus people need to figure out how to overcome their problems on their own. What I want for myself and my community is to live peacefully without having these ghetto a$$ street people all in your face, acting all loud, rowdy and with a disregard for quality of life.

You can't have nothing nice without ghetto street people f'ing it up. A brand new building went up last year by Jerome Ave and Tremont. I went around the area a couple of days later and the whole side of the building had graffiti on it. It looked horrible and indicative of the trash that lives there. Even good intentions to improve neighborhoods get undone by ghetto people f'ing it up. So I don't think that's too much to ask for. And if that means they get shipped out of state, then so be it. I don't care. They deserve it. Let it be someone else's problem, not mine or my community.
You confuse me, you don't want to solve a problem you just want it to go away? What is the best way to make a problem go away? Solve it. You live in a community therefore this is a society issue that won't just disappear because you don't like it...so your options are to move to somewhere else, I know plenty of places here in Portland where you won't have to deal with these such problems. Your next option is just to deal with it if you aren't willing to be apart of helping the problem in your community, and your third option is to fix the problem. This is where communities and societies come together, work with people within your neighborhood to make the neighborhood better, work with those living in the low income housing to make them more apart of the neighborhood. There are always things to be done, but wishing for a problem to disappear or go elsewhere isn't one of them.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:36 PM

460 posts, read 512,785 times
Quote:
You confuse me, you don't want to solve a problem you just want it to go away? What is the best way to make a problem go away? Solve it.
I'm not agreeing with him, but I think you're missing his point. He's saying he doesn't care about how you define fixing it or solving it - he just doesn't want that stuff in his neighborhood. If that means shipping them out, so be it. If that means incorporating them and improving them so they don't do that anymore, then so be it. But the easier solution is just to ship 'em out.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
I'm not agreeing with him, but I think you're missing his point. He's saying he doesn't care about how you define fixing it or solving it - he just doesn't want that stuff in his neighborhood. If that means shipping them out, so be it. If that means incorporating them and improving them so they don't do that anymore, then so be it. But the easier solution is just to ship 'em out.
All I am saying is "shipping" people you don't like away doesn't fix anything. We are still talking about people and if there is a problem with a group of people in society, we should look at solutions to make things better rather than ship away a problem.

By the idea of shipping people away, why stop at another city or state, why not just ship to another country. If your income is below a certain amount the government will just come in in the middle of the night and take you and just drop you off in some other country and let you be their problem now cause that would totally fix the poverty problem in our country.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:21 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,527,418 times
Quote:
All I am saying is "shipping" people you don't like away doesn't fix anything. We are still talking about people and if there is a problem with a group of people in society, we should look at solutions to make things better rather than ship away a problem.

By the idea of shipping people away, why stop at another city or state, why not just ship to another country. If your income is below a certain amount the government will just come in in the middle of the night and take you and just drop you off in some other country and let you be their problem now cause that would totally fix the poverty problem in our country.
You're missing the point. I want instant results in improving my neighborhood. While its the noble thing to do in getting to the root of the problem with ghetto people's behavior/culture, the transformation (if it even occurs) takes too long defeating the purpose of getting instant results.

I am not in the charity business. I'm in the landlording business. I am not a slumlord. I actually want to provide quality, safe, clean and quiet housing for people that seek that type of high standard environment. Having loud ghetto and unruly people living in the neighborhood and building deters QUALITY tenants from moving in and is a COUNTER to the "safe, clean and quiet" environment I want to provide for my tenants.

Shipping them out is the quickest solution to get "them" out our hair and clean up the neighborhood. Yeah, so you don't solve the underlying problem with these people but that's not my problem. I'm not Dr. Phil. I want results NOW, not 3-4 years from now or a generation from now.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
You're missing the point. I want instant results in improving my neighborhood. While its the noble thing to do in getting to the root of the problem with ghetto people's behavior/culture, the transformation (if it even occurs) takes too long defeating the purpose of getting instant results.

I am not in the charity business. I'm in the landlording business. I am not a slumlord. I actually want to provide quality, safe, clean and quiet housing for people that seek that type of high standard environment. Having loud ghetto and unruly people living in the neighborhood and building deters QUALITY tenants from moving in and is a COUNTER to the "safe, clean and quiet" environment I want to provide for my tenants.

Shipping them out is the quickest solution to get "them" out our hair and clean up the neighborhood. Yeah, so you don't solve the underlying problem with these people but that's not my problem. I'm not Dr. Phil. I want results NOW, not 3-4 years from now or a generation from now.
I am not missing any points, I am well aware that Americans think they should be able to get anything they want instantly, which is never the case. This problem you are having will not go away instantly, if you want it to be fixed, then you will actually have to be apart of helping your neighborhood improve and it is going to be hard work for you, but in the long run you could end up with a much better neighborhood...but nothing is going to ever happen instantly unless you instantly move to somewhere else that doesn't have those issues.

I have a question for you because it doesn't seem that you are willing to understand the point I am trying to make, you say you own an apartment building, was the neighborhood in that condition when you purchased the building or has it gotten worse in the time you have owned it?

Still, nothing happens instantly and you should be apart of community groups that are actively trying to make a neighborhood better. This idea of shipping people away, tell me how much is too much? Should our government just ship us off to another country because someone doesn't make enough money? What should that limit be? You can want something all you want, but if you are not willing to put in the work, it isn't going to happen....too many Americans think their problems can always go away instantly....that is not true.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM

2,899 posts, read 8,321,447 times
Quote:
Just remember that if you left it up to the private sector, they would pay the bare minimum to the worker as "they are laughing all the way to the bank." So things like this isn't a one sided issue, there is obviously a middle ground with issues like this.
The private sector would pay them what they are worth, and the MARKET will set their worth.

Supply and Demand.

If that is not enough, then quit and do something else.

Simple as that! The American way.

It is MY taxes. Pay as little as possible.

Where you people think this money is coming from?

Blow those buildings up and fire everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City