U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 01:06 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,699,653 times

Advertisements

To the OP: Your ghost is obviously a mischievious ghost. These are the most difficult spirits to deal with because they actually enjoy haunting you. They are like people who are/were practical jokers. Maybe ignore it and it will become bored and leave. They do these things to get a reaction from you--which clearly has been working. Now that I think of it, using Sage really won't do more than remove negative energies (can't hurt though).
As Sheena and I told you, contact the Paranormal Investigation of NYC, I believe they don't charge for investigations.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 01:11 PM

5,473 posts, read 9,240,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
To the OP: Your ghost is obviously a mischievious ghost. These are the most difficult spirits to deal with because they actually enjoy haunting you. They are like people who are/were practical jokers. Maybe ignore it and it will become bored and leave. They do these things to get a reaction from you--which clearly has been working. Now that I think of it, using Sage really won't do more than remove negative energies (can't hurt though).
As Sheena and I told you, contact the Paranormal Investigation of NYC, I believe they don't charge for investigations.
Wonder how many calls they get per day.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:54 PM

17,759 posts, read 21,925,465 times
No they do not charge. And they seem reputable.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:08 PM

10,698 posts, read 20,868,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I wasn't pointing out any laws because I never heard of them. I was looking at the post where you were talking about the NY Times and I found this one. I just said it was interesting. I'm not advocating any laws.
Ok, thanks. It was interesting. I will wait to hear from the other poster about the law issue.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM

12,411 posts, read 16,001,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Then please quote or link to your source. I did link to a NY Times article that says the law does not exist in NY. You did not link to anything, yet you keep claiming that you did the research and claiming that you are right and that there is a law that says a property that has a suspected ghost must be disclosed.

Maybe you are right and the NY Times is wrong, but it seems a simple matter for you to link to the source that you are reading -- no?

So please do.
I believe that the law in NJ was a rather recent one. Maybe the Times article was an older one? Also, we are talking apartment rentals, not home or condo purchases.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree. Christians do not corner the market on Spirituality.
The OP may not be Christian. Some Rabbi's also believe in the existence of demon spirits, and indeed, it is a Judeo-Christian belief. (please notice which came first.)

I am an "eclectic Christian" I am still a Protestant (Liberal Lutheran), but I have incorporated other beliefs into my faith.

While I agree that the Ouija Board is not to be messed with, Fundamentalist Christians do not own spirituality or God. They just think they do
Muslims also do.
Buddhists and Hindus, too.

Ghosts and things that go bump in the night are not unique to one religion, but not all believe in an organized, ultimate, anti-God force, Satan.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM

10,698 posts, read 20,868,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I believe that the law in NJ was a rather recent one. Maybe the Times article was an older one? Also, we are talking apartment rentals, not home or condo purchases.
What law? Where is the link?

Old 02-10-2012, 03:33 PM

Sheena12, could you please finish your story about that apartment? I noticed, on another thread, you said you had a spirit follow you, too? Was it one from this place?

Did you find that this place was haunted by one entity, or were there more?

When my mother and I were looking for a house with a realtor, in one house I smelled that rotting odor and could go no further into the place. My mom and the realtor were oblivious to it, though.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:47 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,055,631 times
Quote:
Sheena12, could you please finish your story about that apartment?
I strongly second that!!! You left of hanging, please tell.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:40 PM

15,013 posts, read 17,570,759 times
Quote:
Muslims also do.
Buddhists and Hindus, too.

Ghosts and things that go bump in the night are not unique to one religion, but not all believe in an organized, ultimate, anti-God force, Satan.
True indeed. Ghosts and sprits have been with since the creation of fire. Even pagans like Greeks and Romans believed in souls. Many of Christianity ideas of spirits come from two religions Judaism and Greco Roman paganism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or