U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times

Advertisements

Tenants sue landlord over 'haunted house' - Yahoo!7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 09:57 AM

213 posts, read 350,298 times
I once lived in an apartment in NY that was haunted by a ghost. The ghost was a former slave from New York. He was cool with me because I was black, but he constantly harassed my white girlfriend.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:22 AM

10 posts, read 26,817 times
Here is the problem. Get rid of anything that was left there by previous tenants. It could be anything....an old book, a picture, maybe an old light fixture, it could even be a tack in the wall, a sticker, clothes left behind and ESPECIALLY anything that might have a connection with spiritual, witchcraft, a ouija board, cross on the wall...get rid of them! Even if you believe in what the item represents, for example a bhudist statue, it's the actual tangible item. Even your own personal things like DVDs, CDs, pics, anything connected to the occult, spiritism etc. throw them out. Sometimes even if you throw them out they can suddenly show up again in your place as creepy as that sounds. If its that bad, burn them. I know that sounds rediculius but what do you have to lose. Don't spend money on phycics or anyone who wants money to get rid of it. Not a priest. These will add to the problem most likely. I don't want to make this a religious thing but a Bible can help and using Gods name out loud which is Jehovah. Saying the name when you feel a chill or sounds, glasses breaking, footsteps etc might seem strange but keep at it, be consistant and try it. It won't cost you a cent and it can help. Most times these things are attached to an item that is there when you moved in, big or small. An old book shelf or maybe a air freshener plugged into the wall.

You might want to ask your landlord if those don't work when the problems started and what that current tenant was into. That could give you insight into what the item could be. For example maybe he put a religious thing on the door that was never removed. Look at everything. F3hly@yahoo.ca

Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM

66 posts, read 149,463 times
I agree with dfelly. Anything associated with the occult will be drawing the hauntings. Hiring a psychic would just make things even worse.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,933,357 times
Look, if something makes your dogs bark at night it could be a bear, but it could also be a mere kittycat. You don't tackle the problems in the same way.

Find someone (at the spiritualist churchs?) who can identify what you are dealing with and take it from there.

There are many people who live very comfortably with some other non corporal person in the house for years.

And then there are things which necessitate heavy artillery, which tend to be rare.

We all pass away and become dis-embodied. This is nothing to fear.

There are religions (Jehovah's Witnesses, perhaps) which think anything unusual is a negative element and worthy of panicking. That just is not the experience of most. But, do whatever is the most comfortable for yourself. Nobody else is walking in your shoes.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:52 PM

87 posts, read 193,905 times
Boo!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 AM

169 posts, read 151,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
I just moved into an apartment in West Village. As some of you recall, my old landlord bought me out in my co-op lease. I subletted a studio and was getting cramped. I rented a new floor through in a West Village brownstone.

Here is the problem:

The apartment is haunted.

the first day I move in, the water faucet started turning on and off by itself. I was like "Whatever, old place". that has happened everyday since. Also, glasses break randomly even when they are in a cabinet.

2 days ago, I started hearing footsteps in the apartment and I couldn't stop feeling shivers.

I spoke to the lady downstairs and she said that 4 people moved out within the last year without explaining why.

I called the landlord and he said that I can stay with a rent reduction or move out without penatly.

I really like the place..should I hire one of those psychic mediums or whatever to try to ride the place of the ghost?
got an update for us?

Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 AM

15,226 posts, read 23,743,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinmusic74 View Post
Who wants to buy a house: 'Amityville Horror' house back on market, for $1.15M.........

newsday.com/classifieds/real-estate/amityville-horror-house-back-on-market-for-1-15m-1.1945998

Actually it is a beautiful home. If you google it, it is on a beautiful block with lots of other houses.

The kid killed his family because he was a thief, and a bad crack addict. Nothing more, nothing less. He was just a bad kid. It had nothing to do with spirits or demons.

The Lutz's were in foreclosure and could not pay the mortgage and made the whole story up for publicity. The movie portrayed the house as being near the water (which it is a canal) and very desolate, and in reality the houses are so close together, that if anything was happening like the Lutzes say, somebody somewhere would have confirmed it....but they didnt.

Plus, since the Lutze's moved decades ago, funny how none of the other owners after them had any problems.

There could have been the spirits of the deceased, most probably.....but not demonic forces like the movie.

I am sure the de feo family are all up in heaven by this time.

It is a loveley house, I could live there, wouldn't bother me at all.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM

5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Actually it is a beautiful home. If you google it, it is on a beautiful block with lots of other houses.

The kid killed his family because he was a thief, and a bad crack addict. Nothing more, nothing less. He was just a bad kid. It had nothing to do with spirits or demons.

The Lutz's were in foreclosure and could not pay the mortgage and made the whole story up for publicity. The movie portrayed the house as being near the water (which it is a canal) and very desolate, and in reality the houses are so close together, that if anything was happening like the Lutzes say, somebody somewhere would have confirmed it....but they didnt.

Plus, since the Lutze's moved decades ago, funny how none of the other owners after them had any problems.

There could have been the spirits of the deceased, most probably.....but not demonic forces like the movie.

I am sure the de feo family are all up in heaven by this time.

It is a loveley house, I could live there, wouldn't bother me at all.
This dude fired atleast 8 rifle shots in the middle of the night in a quiet suburban area and the houses are located close to each other, yet no neighbors woke up no dogs barking either. That's really strange. But professor of parapsychology Hans Holzer has an explanation for this, Ronnie was possessed by the spirit of an angered Indian Chief, the house was built on an ancient Indian burial ground.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:41 PM

15,226 posts, read 23,743,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
This dude fired atleast 8 rifle shots in the middle of the night in a quiet suburban area and the houses are located close to each other, yet no neighbors woke up no dogs barking either. That's really strange. But professor of parapsychology Hans Holzer has an explanation for this, Ronnie was possessed by the spirit of an angered Indian Chief, the house was built on an ancient Indian burial ground.

I know, I heard about the ancient burial grounds, and if such they will be flooded under the ground since there is a canal back there and water seeps everywhere. can you imagine, what a freaking stupid story.

I do agree with you though on the fact that not one neighbor, nor one dog ever heard a thing in a quiet suburban neighborhood like that???? Was it a night of a thunderstorm or something??? I find it hard to believe, expecially seeing where the house is exactly located, that no one heard.....

many years ago, my mom got locked out, we were in a/c sleeping, couldnt hear the phone ( circa 1970) she broke the basement window, a few days later, she found out neighbors were talking about hearing glass being broke in the wee hours of the morning....Mom had told her friends it was her.....

but moral of story, some one did hear it.....and told someone....
so here comes De Feo shooting and no one hears nothing.

PS: me and my sister were so punished
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or