U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:52 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,289,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
Damn, I wouldn't want a ghost to be in my apartment all the time. If the ghost saw all the dirty things I do in private, they would be disgusted and leave.

LOL!!! Oh I can relate to that . I had a reading done and my FIL, who when he was alive was a sassy lil man, made a very specific reference to what goes on in the bedroom. I never met this woman before and neither did my husband. I turned every shade of red lol. I don't like being told that certain relatives are around all the time because after that comment, I'm wondering what my grandmother thinks of me now LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,289,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
The landlord told me the reason why he is offering a rent reduction is that my apartment used to be his own personal place that he bought. He ended up moving out because of the ghost. He also said he doesn't want to keep posting ads on StreetEasy to get it rented, he just wants a responsible tenant to stay.

I don't really know what to do. I don't smell anything, but I don't feel like I am in harms way either. There is just weird stuff going on that is starting to make me go crazy.
He doesn't have any information on who it might be? This kind of stuff intrigues me. Skeptics don't believe because they need proof and scientific documentation. My husband's family always had dead relatives lingering.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 PM

221 posts, read 456,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
He doesn't have any information on who it might be? This kind of stuff intrigues me. Skeptics don't believe because they need proof and scientific documentation. My husband's family always had dead relatives lingering.
No, unfortunately not.
I have contacted the Historical Society (Greenwich Village) to try to get some clarity on this. That is step 1.
Step 2 ?? I don't know.
I would first like to hear from the GVSHP to see if they have any issues of death or the like.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:08 PM

51,485 posts, read 50,728,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
Damn, I wouldn't want a ghost to be in my apartment all the time. If the ghost saw all the dirty things I do in private, they would be disgusted and leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
LOL....That made my day!!! rep

It's probably true for all of us, you're the first to admit it!
Hahaha, that reminds of the SNL skit after the movie Ghost came out. Patrick Swayze was the host and they did a sketch where he's a ghost trying to talk to his girlfriend, who is alone in the living room. She's picking lint out of her belly button and wiping her runny nose on the pillow and just acting disgusting because she doesn't think anyone can see her. Finally the doorbell rings and it's Chris Rock dressed as the Whoopi Goldberg character and Patrick Swayze runs out of the apartment, saying "TELL HER I'M DEAD."

Old 02-08-2012, 04:01 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,218,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
I just moved into an apartment in West Village. As some of you recall, my old landlord bought me out in my co-op lease. I subletted a studio and was getting cramped. I rented a new floor through in a West Village brownstone.

Here is the problem:

The apartment is haunted.

the first day I move in, the water faucet started turning on and off by itself. I was like "Whatever, old place". that has happened everyday since. Also, glasses break randomly even when they are in a cabinet.

2 days ago, I started hearing footsteps in the apartment and I couldn't stop feeling shivers.

I spoke to the lady downstairs and she said that 4 people moved out within the last year without explaining why.

I called the landlord and he said that I can stay with a rent reduction or move out without penatly.

I really like the place..should I hire one of those psychic mediums or whatever to try to ride the place of the ghost?
Poltergeist phenomena. The reason is often a young girl in the household who are just entering puberty and are in stressed state due to awakening sexuality and all the confusion and inner conflict that comes with it.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:18 AM

14,947 posts, read 17,492,446 times
Im not religous or anything like that, I dont even think god exist. One time I was working the night shift at my job and by the service elevator thier is a corridor and a shilloute of a figure started to move closer to me while I was waiting to take tenants upstairs in the service elevator. The shadow had stopped, turned around and walked away. I stepped out the elevator asking if you need assistance assuming it was a tenant and no one was there. I walked out the building refusing to go back in, tenants who are part of the 1% had to take the stairs up and down the whole night due to the fact I wont go back in the building until morning. I heard some stories about people commiting suicide in the building, to a guy smoking a cigarette on a coach being burned alive. To a gay guy dying of Aids, to an old man who passed away doing laundry in the basement to a double homicide iin the 80s. The worst one was when an overnight doorman was murderd in the basement, that happened in the 70s. Also in one of my companies other building there is an apartment that is haunted and surprisingly the tenant got out of the lease due to numerous complaints. The apartment remaind vacant for sometime. Some one got murdered in that apartment in the 90s.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:21 AM

439 posts, read 762,152 times
It's 2012 and people STILL believe in ghost.

... Seriously?

Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,218,015 times
I don't believe in supernatural because I have never witnessed anything like that altough I love all those 70's and 80's flicks where a chatolic priest is running screaming out from some creepy suburban house with his head swarmed by bees.

But what is true that one of the most terrible and shocking things that happened in my life so far happened in July, Friday the 13th 2007.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:04 AM

8,743 posts, read 6,185,916 times
I'd love to have that apartment....rent reductions are hard to come by

Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 AM

3,494 posts, read 2,077,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Get the book, "How to Exercise at Home" by Dr. Cloves. It helped Oscar and Felix when they had a similar situation.
There was a chant in the book that Oscar had Felix do to help keep the spirits out. Repeat this phrase over and over aloud, saying the words faster and faster as you go:

OWA TAGOO SIAM. OWA TAGOO SIAM. OWA TAGOO SIAM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or