Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 01:05 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,885,482 times

Advertisements

you might need to;

1) Do a throughout renovation/fixing of the place,
2) Get a psychological evaluation (ghosts don't exist)
3) all of the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 02:36 PM

531 posts, read 2,891,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Something doesn't add up here. Why was the landlord so quick to give a rent reduction or let you out of the lease? Why did he let all the others out of their lease so easily? Can you imagine if "place is haunted" became a legitimate reason to break a lease in NYC?
Agreed. None of the landlords I've ever dealt with would give a "rent reduction" for something like this. I can't imagine even telling a landlord about this. Definitely an intriguing story but...

Old 02-07-2012, 03:31 PM

650 posts, read 1,805,558 times
Damn, I wouldn't want a ghost to be in my apartment all the time. If the ghost saw all the dirty things I do in private, they would be disgusted and leave.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:41 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,774,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
Damn, I wouldn't want a ghost to be in my apartment all the time. If the ghost saw all the dirty things I do in private, they would be disgusted and leave.
LOL....That made my day!!! rep

It's probably true for all of us, you're the first to admit it!

Old 02-07-2012, 03:41 PM

221 posts, read 523,743 times
The landlord told me the reason why he is offering a rent reduction is that my apartment used to be his own personal place that he bought. He ended up moving out because of the ghost. He also said he doesn't want to keep posting ads on StreetEasy to get it rented, he just wants a responsible tenant to stay.

I don't really know what to do. I don't smell anything, but I don't feel like I am in harms way either. There is just weird stuff going on that is starting to make me go crazy.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,495,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
The landlord told me the reason why he is offering a rent reduction is that my apartment used to be his own personal place that he bought. He ended up moving out because of the ghost. He also said he doesn't want to keep posting ads on StreetEasy to get it rented, he just wants a responsible tenant to stay.

I don't really know what to do. I don't smell anything, but I don't feel like I am in harms way either. There is just weird stuff going on that is starting to make me go crazy.
replace the word "go" with "realize that I am" and there you have it

Forget about all the crazies and enablers on here and, seriously, go see a psychiatrist or a therapist and tell them what you percieve to have been happening

Old 02-07-2012, 04:06 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,675,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
Seriously... What if you were out at a strip club... or out on a date that didn't go as far as you wanted it to...so you come home for some "release". The ghosts can't like watching that stuff.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:07 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,774,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Seriously... What if you were out at a strip club... or out on a date that didn't go as far as you wanted it to...so you come home for some "release". The ghosts can't like watching that stuff.
Maybe they do?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:19 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,248,806 times
As long as the ghost is happy to make the occasional noise or break a glass I'd take the rent reduction and stay. You could consider it just another annoyance like roaches or mice and learn to live with it. What's the difference between footsteps caused by a person and footsteps caused by a spirit? There are far worse annoyances that NYC apartment dwellers face that are caused by living people to be honest.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:40 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,802,865 times
Get the book, "How to Exercise at Home" by Dr. Cloves. It helped Oscar and Felix when they had a similar situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City