Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times

Advertisements

Long Island is the place to be if you're interested in "the other side". They have a long history of satanism, wichcraft and the occult. From John Ketcham to Amityville to Ricky Kasso. Spooky place. Everytime I see a Dutch Colonial House I come to think of the Amityville House and the tragedy.

About Lorraine Warren and her visit to the house, she told Fox newsteam "there was a demon the most evil and powerful demon I ever encountered I will never go back there". After a couple of years she did.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 02-10-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 05:00 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
"there was a demon the most evil and powerful demon I ever encountered I will never go back there". After a couple of years she did.
"As the moth returns to the flame...".

Old 02-10-2012, 05:01 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
I also live in a hundred + year old home. I was fortunate enough to meet the Grand Daughter of one of the original owners. She was nice enough to tell of all the fun family times had here, that the house was full of laughter and music, and little kids chasing around up to the third floor hiding and playing. The wood floors upstairs are still worn (we have yet to refinish all floors). I had the sense that this house was peaceful when moving in, it was nice to have that verified. OP, you deserve to live stress free, if you are not comfortable, do what you need to for you. If you really like the apartment, than follow Sheena's and others and invoke good. Peace be with you.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:04 AM

573 posts, read 971,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
I just moved into an apartment in West Village. As some of you recall, my old landlord bought me out in my co-op lease. I subletted a studio and was getting cramped. I rented a new floor through in a West Village brownstone.

Here is the problem:

The apartment is haunted.

the first day I move in, the water faucet started turning on and off by itself. I was like "Whatever, old place". that has happened everyday since. Also, glasses break randomly even when they are in a cabinet.

2 days ago, I started hearing footsteps in the apartment and I couldn't stop feeling shivers.

I spoke to the lady downstairs and she said that 4 people moved out within the last year without explaining why.

I called the landlord and he said that I can stay with a rent reduction or move out without penatly.

I really like the place..should I hire one of those psychic mediums or whatever to try to ride the place of the ghost?
two things:

get a new faucet

You got rats. I bet if you look you will find rat or mouse droppings (maybe both)

Old 02-10-2012, 05:47 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,034,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Interesting article, but NY State does have a Stigmatized Property Law.
Someone passing peacefully in a home is very likely with building as old as those in The Village. I live in a home in PA now that is well over 100 years old. I'm sure someone must have died here, but it's not haunted.

Not so with my former apartment at 31 St.Marks Place (E. 8th St)

So what's up with 14 W. 10th?
Oh, do tell!

Old 02-10-2012, 06:20 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
OP, don't move out yet it could be completely unnecessary. Don't be offended now but my advice is because I don't believe in the supernatural that you seek the help of a psychiatrist. If you follow the doctors treatment plan medications etc. and this does not help invite some of your friends to spend the night and see if you can together witness somekind of supernatural phenomena.

One of the most famous haunted houses in the world the Amityville House under scrutiny by theologists, parapsychologists could not come up with any reliable proof of supernatural.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:22 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
I just moved into an apartment in West Village. As some of you recall, my old landlord bought me out in my co-op lease. I subletted a studio and was getting cramped. I rented a new floor through in a West Village brownstone.

Here is the problem:

The apartment is haunted.

the first day I move in, the water faucet started turning on and off by itself. I was like "Whatever, old place". that has happened everyday since. Also, glasses break randomly even when they are in a cabinet.

2 days ago, I started hearing footsteps in the apartment and I couldn't stop feeling shivers.

I spoke to the lady downstairs and she said that 4 people moved out within the last year without explaining why.

I called the landlord and he said that I can stay with a rent reduction or move out without penatly.

I really like the place..should I hire one of those psychic mediums or whatever to try to ride the place of the ghost?
That's frickin' creepy. I'd pack up and run. I don't buy into all those psychic people. Just find a new place.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:26 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Necromancy is condemned by God. BTW we all need God's help; some of us just won't admit it.
You are very insulting because you just assume everyone else's God is trash and yours is the only effective one.

Don't you realize that your tactic does not win people over to your viewpoint? It tends to make them shy away from you because you sound borderline dangerous.

Maybe you don't care. Maybe it is all about you, your ego, your choices, which must be all be correct and superior to anyone else's.

Stop being so pushy. You'll get farther in the long run.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:29 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,850,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You are very insulting because you just assume everyone else's God is trash and yours is the only effective one.

Don't you realize that your tactic does not win people over to your viewpoint? It tends to make them shy away from you because you sound borderline dangerous.

Maybe you don't care. Maybe it is all about you, your ego, your choices, which must be all be correct and superior to anyone else's.

Stop being so pushy. You'll get farther in the long run.
If you are looking for a fun time, go read Bideshi's posts in the religion forum. Or for a REALLY fun time go to the Atheist forum where Bideshi regularly tells us how we are doomed to hell. If you interact with him, it only makes him want to post more.

Be careful what you say though, He will report you to a moderator so fast your head will spin.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:02 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
If you are looking for a fun time, go read Bideshi's posts in the religion forum. Or for a REALLY fun time go to the Atheist forum where Bideshi regularly tells us how we are doomed to hell. If you interact with him, it only makes him want to post more.

Be careful what you say though, He will report you to a moderator so fast your head will spin.
This thread seems to have attracted it's share of malevolent spirits...Are you in any way interested in contributing something useful to the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City