Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 AM

400 posts, read 981,660 times

Advertisements

PBA cards. AKA preferential treatment cards, favoritism cards, Moderator cut: Stereotype, aka my daddy is a cop card, aka its not a crime its a courtesy card.

Massive NYPD ticket Extortion forces citizens to buy Black-market PBA cards for Protection ! - YouTube

What exactly is a PBA card?

Is it a exemption from minor infractions? Why do the PBA cards even exist? What is the function of this card ? What is the intention of the creators of this card when issuing it? Isnt no one above the law?

Seems like a reduced projection of the cant touch me mentality from the cop to his family member/friend. Its like something out of star wars jedi mind tricks. Just wave the card and the police will be off your back. Unless of course the "force" is strong with that cop.

Only a real subversive, shiesty and weasel like person would even hold a PBA card.

Protect and Serve.....themselves.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-16-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,793,601 times
Make a donation and you too can get a similar card, window decal, etc.

Do you even drive? If not, what does it matter?

At best, it might get you off with a warning instead of a ticket.

You could also look at the so called cards as, FOR NATIVES ONLY!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,790,589 times
The real question is what is the purpose of these things OTHER than getting out of tickets?
Seems so unfair that if your connected to the fuzz, your safe.
....and I have 2 of those cards dated 2009 and 2010.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,237,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Make a donation and you too can get a similar card, window decal, etc.

Do you even drive? If not, what does it matter?

At best, it might get you off with a warning instead of a ticket.

You could also look at the so called cards as, FOR NATIVES ONLY!
You can also buy them on eBay:

pba card | eBay

Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,202,792 times
Oh quit the whining. What if a relative of yours works at a clothing store and gives you their discount but not anyone else? It's the same thing. PBA cards don't get you off scott free. They may let you off with a warning or maybe give you a ticket for one infraction instead of 2. And not all cops honor them, trust me. Some are like, "Yeah, that's nice. License and registration, please." My sister's son-in-law is a cop with bridges and tunnels. He gave her a pba card. She got pulled over on the Thruway by a state trooper. He could have given 2 sh*ts about that card.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM

I hardly think getting a break with a clothing discount is the same as being given a break when you BREAK THE LAW.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,202,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I hardly think getting a break with a clothing discount is the same as being given a break when you BREAK THE LAW.
The OP is talking about preferential treatment and specifically mentioned Irish and Italians. I also mentioned in my post that many cops don't give a crap about the pba card and still issue a ticket.

And don't tell me that if someone gave you a pba card you wouldn't use it if you got pulled over.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 PM

Of course I'd use it.
But I DO know it's wrong.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:27 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,895,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
The OP is talking about preferential treatment and specifically mentioned Irish and Italians. I also mentioned in my post that many cops don't give a crap about the pba card and still issue a ticket.

And don't tell me that if someone gave you a pba card you wouldn't use it if you got pulled over.
The problem is that is wrong to get preferential treatment (even if it's a ticket) from a law enforcment officer. And it's an open secret that the cards are used only for that purpose.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,309,223 times
Hell, I have a courtesy badge and the guy that gave it to me warned me not to count on it. The only people who don't get tickets are cops, maybe their wives, maybe just maybe their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City