Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 06:16 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Aren't you interested in joining the fire dept as well though?
Yes. Just took the test yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
the kid never hopped a fence and you think he's going to make a push down a hallway for you??? hahaha
I am not a kid and I bet you that I can do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 07:54 AM

It has been 2 months and I still didn't get a call back. Not looking good for me for the summer class.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:34 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
It has been 2 months and I still didn't get a call back. Not looking good for me for the summer class.
Did you complete the jst oral psycho, written psycho medical and background checks?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Did you complete the jst oral psycho, written psycho medical and background checks?
Not yet. I am wondering if there will be a class this summer.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:00 PM

363 posts, read 817,387 times
Yes there is a summer class going in. I know two people who are finished with the process and are ready to go.

Did you receive a letter regarding your process? Did you call your investigator to find out when you will be scheduled for the next step? The one question you need to find out is if are you on any type of hold. If your investigator does not return your calls it doesn't mean they are busy sometimes, it means they do not want to talk to you over the phone and will send you a letter in the mail on reasons why your not going in.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 18,977 times
Did anyone took NYPD exam 2311?

Old 08-29-2012, 09:28 AM

2 posts, read 18,977 times
Anyone took NYPD exam 2311 in October ?

Old 08-29-2012, 11:05 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,236,388 times
About ten years ago I was rejected by the NYPD. I had a perfect score on the exam, aced the physical and had a flawless background and character check. I figured I was in. Then I got tripped up by the psychological exam.

I think what did me in was, after about 6 hours of answering the same stupid questions (do you want to hurt your mother? would you like to injure your mother? have you ever thought about doing bodily harm to your mother?) over and over; they pass out sheets of blank paper and instruct the auditorium full of applicants to draw 'a house'. 'a man' and 'your ideal vacation'.

My vacation was just a hammock between palm tress, but they'd worn me down with those questions and my house and man did not pass muster. I drew an elf with pointy toed gnome boots with bells on the tips for a man, and a bubble house on stilts on the moon for a house.

This bit of levity came back to haunt me during the psych eval.

Anyhow, I was psych DQed. It made me very bitter at the time. How could an organization which allowed Justin 'toilet plunder up the ass' Volpe into their ranks turn ME down??? By all accounts I was exactly what they needed.

Years later however, I think they may have actually made the right choice. Although highly intelligent, motivated, etc, I probably lack the basic mindset of the cop.

Anyways, it was not to be.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:53 PM

544 posts, read 1,237,044 times
Default congrats!

good for u , now when ur done will you come handle this situation i have next door w/ neighbor's bass? the cops scares them, they've calmed down, but not much. thanks!

Old 09-19-2012, 06:41 AM

5 posts, read 13,294 times
Hi. My boyfriend applied for the NYPD a while ago and got his papers to do the testings and what not. After he took his written Psyc he he set up for an oral Psyc. They told him they didn't find his written on record and to talk to his investigator. So he did. She said they lost it. He asked her what he should do and she told him she would get back to him and that didn't happen. Later he was told he failed it. Then some time after that he was told he never took it. Now a couple of days ago he got the letter to do the starting process all over again. I'm not understanding what happened and what he was suppose to do. It didn't make any since to me so I had to ask all of you on this for some idea. From what he told me all he had left to do was an oral Psyc and he would have been in for the July class, but things were lost and he never got that chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City