U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:53 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,386,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
So then, the answer is ..

"No jaybrown80, I cannot find you saying the things I accused you of saying because you never said them. i am a liar. a very very naughty liar."

Thanks for admitting it! Gotta love them catholic morals you display!
The answer is, "You repeatedly posted about sexual abuse in the Catholic Church, in a thread about school closures. Therefore, one could directly assume you, in part, blame sexual abuse within the Church as a reason for Church school closures."

BTW, you know **** all about me to pass judgement on my "Catholic morals".

ETA: You're both a bully and a moron. I'm done with this thread and you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 PM

2,211 posts, read 3,990,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Therefore, one could directly assume you, in part, blame sexual abuse within the Church as a reason for Church school closures."
One COULD assume that, if one is the type of person FOOLISH enough to make assumptions. Especially when one could simply read the thread and see exactly what I said about the reason for Catholic Schools closing...IE not a dang thing. But Reading is hard for some people, gives them big time headache...so why not just assume and spread lies. Shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
ETA: You're both a bully and a moron. I'm done with this thread and you.
Peace out! I would say it's been real fun, but then that would make me a liar too.

Last edited by JayBrown80; 02-21-2012 at 01:18 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 02:20 PM

880 posts, read 1,661,859 times
Dangerous public schools? Is this a generalization or targeted at specifics?

The last time I've checked, not ALL public schools were dangerous and not ALL catholic schools were safe either.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:44 AM

457 posts, read 511,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOReverxpeace View Post
Dangerous public schools? Is this a generalization or targeted at specifics?

The last time I've checked, not ALL public schools were dangerous and not ALL catholic schools were safe either.
Exactly. Stuyvesant high school is a public school and it's considered one of the best schools in NYC. It all depends on the location of the school, the selection process of the students, the quality of the teachers, the $$$ of the school, etc.

The ultimate factor is ...... the students.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:26 AM

6,909 posts, read 9,031,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Oh lord,

Are you Cardinal Dolan in disguise, or Sister Mary Adolphus?

The Catholic Church LOOKS like it successfully educates children because it cherry picks the GOOD ones and tosses out those who don't measure up. Even dumbing down the brightest kids will still leave you with the brightest, only a little more brainwashed than they needed to be. Their rejects are taught by the public school system. If you throw out every child who could NEVER get into college, guess what, you'll be left with a lot of kids who got into college.

And the brainwashing is truly a hideous criminal conspiracy. If committed by a government it would be akin to a Crime Against Humanity.
The best (in academics) public schools in the city cherry pick good students. Are you going to say that they are run by theocrats?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
Well that is a bald faced lie and I challenge you to show me where I said that. Go ahead, go find it. I dare you. I did not offer any reason for Catholic Schools closing at all. Never. Not once.
Then you just admitted that all your posts are useless OTs.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:44 PM

2,211 posts, read 3,990,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Then you just admitted that all your posts are useless OTs.
It would be if the OP had ONLY asked about catholic school closures. In her 2nd post she expanded and asked specifically about the church, this is where a majority of what I wrote was written off of. If you actually read our posts rather than just said "no no no, the pope earned that sweet little boy meat! don't judge him!" then you would see that.

Poor foresthillsdaddy, you thought you had trapped me like an altar boy on a camping trip, but unfortunately you will have to try again.

I am still completely disgusted with you that you won't admit raping little boys is bad and the Catholic church, perfect as it is in your mind, should probably not have allowed that. If you are a forest_hills_daddy, I wonder if that means you have children. Do you offer them up to any priest that comes along?

Old 02-23-2012, 03:06 PM

/\/\

You just trapped yourself. The second post has nothing to do with abuse allegedly going on. Again, your post is nothing but a useless rant.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 AM

20,131 posts, read 26,416,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
The best (in academics) public schools in the city cherry pick good students. Are you going to say that they are run by theocrats?
No, I am saying, quite clearly, that any school that cherry picks good students will wind up with a good student body. This applies to both public AND Catholic schools. The Catholic schools differ only in the religious brainwashing of their students.
Some might consider this a HIGH price to pay.
It is the public schools that HAVE to take the stupid kids that will wind up with a stupid student body...dropouts and no college.

No, for now I would NEVER say that the special public schools that require admissions testing were run by theocrats. Perhaps in a couple decades if some politicians have their way, they WILL all be run by theocrats, but for now, NO.
I'm sure Rick "Sanctus" Sanitarium would like for ALL schools to be Catholic schools, supported by tax money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City