U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 PM

6,963 posts, read 5,458,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is a shame, you don't have time to hold those accountable for getting rich y.
No I have to earn enough money to pay my bills. Maybe your mummy supports you so you can spend time with a bunch of screaming kids waving placards but I do not.

These methods will not lead to change. A concrete agenda based on identifiable goals and a stretegy to ensure representation at all levels of govt will. When OWS moves to this then I will have interest. If they remain a bunch of screaming and juvenile anarchists leave me alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 04:45 PM

6,963 posts, read 5,458,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
There are a lot of people walking the streets right now that should be in federal prison. y.

So identify this as a goal and ensure that they are brought in front of the courts. If you lack the political clout to get this done figure out how to obtain this.

Waving placards and disrupting the flow of business hurts the 99%. The 1% have enough wealth to tide them over the brief interruption.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:56 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,046,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well then if you think they simply left because it was cold, then you are missing the point...and personally I am happy they didn't stick around for the winter and are hopefully moving onto the next stage of protests because I wouldn't of wanted to see anyone freezing to death.

Also, if you take away the tents and other methods that were being used to keep warm, then of course they are not going to come back until winter is over, so if none of those things were taken away, we would of probably had people camping their throughout the winter.
Come on man. You can't call "time out" in the middle of a war just because the weather is bad or because they took your tent away. So organize, stand firm in shifts, something, anything but quit and go home until spring. Maybe the lack of stamina and real commitment displayed by this OWS crowd is one of the reasons us real 99%'ers just can't get on board with them.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 PM

7,917 posts, read 6,498,851 times
Is there a such thing as a Pre-Transplant? I think its hilarious that urbanlife spends so much time posting in the NYC forum and he doesn't even live here yet!

Old 02-16-2012, 05:40 PM

20,185 posts, read 26,506,670 times
Dipsquats arguing that OWS is not a valid movement because its people don't like WINTER COLD is as idiotic as those who denigrated the movement becasue some of them carried I-pads.
If one is going to talk poitics it helps to have at least two brain cells to rub together.

Silly pointless arguments, like weather and I-pads, simply illustrate how very empty the arguments of the opposition to OWS ARE. There are NO rationale arguments to the income and power distribution of the U.S. residing in the top 1%, or the top .1%. The U.S. was once a semblance of a democracy...it has become a plutocracy. And OWS shows that some people are noticing, some ar not blind to the obvious.

What's the next derision, a lack of fashion sense in the OWS movement? A cowardly distate for being pepper-sprayed? Too white, too Black, too Hispanic?

Old 02-16-2012, 05:45 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,311,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Is there a such thing as a Pre-Transplant? I think its hilarious that urbanlife spends so much time posting in the NYC forum and he doesn't even live here yet!
Actually it is because my architecture forums that I normally post in have been very slow this past few years and I do enjoy the time wasting of forum posting when I have the free time. Also, when I am planning a move to someplace new, I have a tendency to invest my time into learning as much about an area as I can, and I have found this site to be very entertaining to post in....so hopefully that answers your question.

Also, I am only posting in the threads that I have an interest in to begin with. As for "pre-transplant," I am not gonna care what you think of me now or after I move there cause it will have no real effect on my life.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 PM

7,917 posts, read 6,498,851 times
Same here. I don't live in an an area that transplants will ever come to, so you guys don't affect me other than at work. I'm not going to explain further, but at work, transplants make me more money, so I really am indifferent to you people*, or even tend to look at you positively. I still think it's funny though.

(* not really you people, because you aren't one yet)

Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 PM

387 posts, read 530,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Completely aside from their politics or their agenda, how does Occupy Wall Street have any credibility remaining when the whole thing broke up as soon as the weather got cold? Now that springtime approaches, all of a sudden they're "regrouping." I didn't realize that protests had to be conducted according to the season.
It never even got that cold. This has been a mild winter so far. These OWSer's are ******* to the 7th power. *** em' all. OWS won't have the tolerance of the people this time around. Time to cave some OWSer skull in.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:39 PM

387 posts, read 530,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Dipsquats arguing that OWS is not a valid movement because its people don't like WINTER COLD is as idiotic as those who denigrated the movement becasue some of them carried I-pads.
If one is going to talk poitics it helps to have at least two brain cells to rub together.

Silly pointless arguments, like weather and I-pads, simply illustrate how very empty the arguments of the opposition to OWS ARE. There are NO rationale arguments to the income and power distribution of the U.S. residing in the top 1%, or the top .1%. The U.S. was once a semblance of a democracy...it has become a plutocracy. And OWS shows that some people are noticing, some ar not blind to the obvious.

What's the next derision, a lack of fashion sense in the OWS movement? A cowardly distate for being pepper-sprayed? Too white, too Black, too Hispanic?
Stop making excuses for these jackoff's.

OWSers are weak minded people who allowed themselves to be prey upon by a radical left wing group that desires to tear the Untied States as we know it apart.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:02 AM

46,054 posts, read 28,311,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Same here. I don't live in an an area that transplants will ever come to, so you guys don't affect me other than at work. I'm not going to explain further, but at work, transplants make me more money, so I really am indifferent to you people*, or even tend to look at you positively. I still think it's funny though.

(* not really you people, because you aren't one yet)
Don't worry, when I get there I will probably ignore you like every other New Yorker does, I tend to blend into cities very well. I am guessing I struck a nerve with you....oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City