Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 04:36 PM

23 posts, read 81,720 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone familiar with MetroFalls condo in Kew Gardens?

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 AM

155 posts, read 426,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apartment Searching View Post
Is there anyone familiar with MetroFalls condo in Kew Gardens?

Many thanks.
I took a tour of this building and first of all, it is not in Kew Gardens, it is in Richmond Hill. The reason they say that it is in Kew Gardens is so that they can try to justify the crazy prices they are asking for the apartments.

Yes, they are nice, but IMHO in no way worth what they are asking. 550K for a 2 bedroom condo with barely a living area!? Pass, please!!! Especially since there isnt a demand AT ALL in the immediate area for for that type of housing in that price range.

If you like the area and feel like throwing away money, then go for it. This place has been open for a year and is something like 30% sold. They are even trying to rent out the apartments instead of selling them. Desperate times, my friend.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM

23 posts, read 81,720 times
Default MetroFalls

Thanks Joey for the response. My search continues.

Are you familiar with any other apartment buildings that have a "Manhattan like" feel?

I am a single guy, so I wouldn't mind a building that is not crowded with kids.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:30 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyQueens View Post
I took a tour of this building and first of all, it is not in Kew Gardens, it is in Richmond Hill. The reason they say that it is in Kew Gardens is so that they can try to justify the crazy prices they are asking for the apartments.

Yes, they are nice, but IMHO in no way worth what they are asking. 550K for a 2 bedroom condo with barely a living area!? Pass, please!!! Especially since there isnt a demand AT ALL in the immediate area for for that type of housing in that price range.

If you like the area and feel like throwing away money, then go for it. This place has been open for a year and is something like 30% sold. They are even trying to rent out the apartments instead of selling them. Desperate times, my friend.
Curzon Road is in Kew Gardens. It's like a block away from Park Lane South. Richmond Hill starts south of Myrtle/Hillside Avenues.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
for a 2 bedroom condo with barely a living area!?
Is this a new trend...no real living room. A friend bought a 2 bedroom townhouse whose bottom floor was basically a garage, a kitchen, and a large foyer with stairs...which turned out to be the "living room?" A small sofa and chair and the room was FULL. You sat on the sofa and stared at the opposing wall about 7 feet away. GOOFY!

Old 01-30-2014, 04:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,053 times
Those of us who live in Kew Gardens know that the COMMUNITY of Kew Gardens actually borders on the neighborhood of RICHMOND HILL NORTH. Metrofalls Condo is located at the convergence of these two neighborhoods. So yes, if you google the address of Metrofalls on Curzon Road you will find that it is in the Richmond Hill North, zip code 11418. The nearest neighborhood amenities are located on Metropolitan Avenue in Kew Gardens just two blocks north of Metrofalls. The building is now 85% sold.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:23 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
OMG... I just looked at their website and saw photos of the rooms. Every room looks tiny!!! The "living space" looks like if you're sitting on the sofa and stretch out, your feet will hit the opposite wall. Do they seriously want upwards of $500K for something in RH? Insanity.

OP, if you're looking to purchase and you want something with a "Manhattan feel" to it, I would look on QB in Forest Hills, Rego Park or check out Astoria, Woodside, or LIC (even though prices in LIC are comparable to Manhattan!)

Old 09-23-2016, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,036 times
Metrofalls Condominium was sold out in 2015. Public records show they got $455,000. for 800 sqft 1Bedrooms and as much as $675,000. I believe Crossings Realty in Kew Gardens sold the building out. The same realty did Kew Gardens Town House Condos at 119-40 Metropolitan Avenue. These guys are good as selling and getting to dollars for sellers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City