Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:41 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times

Advertisements

when it comes to dating? Met a women the other night however she seemed to make a big deal out of the fact that I dont live in Manhattan even though I'm in the metro area outside the city? I dont see why a 40 minute train ride makes such a big deal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Let her find a guy in Manhattan then.Sounds like some status thing with her. It is not a big deal for a 40 minute commute. There are nice quiet areas in the 5 boros that people enjoy living in. Many work in Manhattan or play there but want a quieter more affordable area to call home. She sounds stuck up my man and probably high mainenence. Not worth it. I know as a single NY guy how tough dating can be. Where did you encounter this one if you do not mind my asking?

Long time Brooklyn boy here by the way =)

Old 02-24-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Let her find a guy in Manhattan then.Sounds like some status thing with her. It is not a big deal for a 40 minute commute. There are nice quiet areas in the 5 boros that people enjoy living in. Many work in Manhattan or play there but want a quieter more affordable area to call home. She sounds stuck up my man and probably high mainenence. Not worth it. I know as a single NY guy how tough dating can be. Where did you encounter this one if you do not mind my asking?

Long time Brooklyn boy here by the way =)

a coworkers friend. BTW she hasnt really dated in the past 3 years so i dont understand why she would be too selective. Im sure if I lived in the city but in a different boro it would be the same excuse... he doesnt live in manhattan so going to brooklyn would be such a pain.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:18 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
when it comes to dating? Met a women the other night however she seemed to make a big deal out of the fact that I dont live in Manhattan even though I'm in the metro area outside the city? I dont see why a 40 minute train ride makes such a big deal
Don't worry, I get rejected on this by a lot of women both transplants and locals, even ex ghetto type chicks. I cant believe hes from the Bronx. Moderator cut: Please remember this is NOT the Relationships forum For some chicks going to another borough is like taking her out of her comfort zone. The only way to counter this is to buddy up with some friends and shell out 500 each for a crash pad in a 1 bedroom or studio somewhere in Manhattan. Ive spoken to friends about this and its possible we might do this.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-24-2012 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate for NYC forum

Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 AM

288 posts, read 566,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The only way to counter this is to buddy up with some friends and shell out 500 each for a crash pad in a 1 bedroom or studio somewhere in Manhattan. Ive spoken to friends about this and its possible we might do this.
classy.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
A couple of guys in a 1 bedroom or studio? That would be way crowded. Esp with guys..you all might strangle each other if the smell of feet dosent get you first!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:41 AM

why live in a shoe box for a ton of money when u can live comfortably outside of manhattan. Obviously its different if you can afford it but I'm not gonna sacrifice the majority of my paycheck to say i live in manhttan

Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,249,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
If a woman make a big deal out of fact that you live or don't live in city. Those type of women fall into three areas for me.

1. Gold digger: I don't have the capabilities or the financial means to live in city myself so I'll leech off you and you better pay for most of my things

2. Alpha female: I have the means to live well within the city so I want a guy that is as capable.

3. Dumb: So stupid and make a big deal over small stuff. So dumb that they don't think about what they sound like if they heard themselves talk.

Personally I'd thank goodness that girl was upfront about that because you can just walk away and save yourself few minutes of your life you could've wasted

Old 02-24-2012, 08:07 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
A couple of guys in a 1 bedroom or studio? That would be way crowded. Esp with guys..you all might strangle each other if the smell of feet dosent get you first!
Its just a place to crash when drunk or wanting to bring back a chick to smash instead of taking her to the hood and taking her out of her comfort zone.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:12 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo111 View Post
If a woman make a big deal out of fact that you live or don't live in city. Those type of women fall into three areas for me.

1. Gold digger: I don't have the capabilities or the financial means to live in city myself so I'll leech off you and you better pay for most of my things

2. Alpha female: I have the means to live well within the city so I want a guy that is as capable.

3. Dumb: So stupid and make a big deal over small stuff. So dumb that they don't think about what they sound like if they heard themselves talk.

Personally I'd thank goodness that girl was upfront about that because you can just walk away and save yourself few minutes of your life you could've wasted
Good analysis. Completely agree.

My only advice to the op can be summed up in three words;

RUN, FOREST, RUN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City