Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:45 PM

29 posts, read 75,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
We are talking about NYC, majority of people 90% who got the government benefits are trashes. 2% of others people are work hard to live on. 7% are really needs indeed.

I want to know where you got those numbers from.
Let me see the studies.

I watched it, that's why I asked you, they don't work for city, they dont work for any private companies, all they do is moving drug. And what they do is they take benefit of unemployment paychecks.

Do the ghetto resident tell you that themselves?
Read following report, it will be good for you sometime to read NYU reports, if you didn't go to NYU though. But this report date may be as fresh than your news of 1996. LOL!

http://wagner.nyu.edu/wocpn/reports/welfare_report.pdf

It that report said : "in late 2001, the New York Times reported that 30,000 women on welfare in New York City – over 90 percent of them Black women and Latinas – had reached their five -year time limit, mandated under the 1996 Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PWORA, the Act)." LOL!

So well then, it will explain perfect for you, if you have a brain, you can calculate average of current percentage of ghetto/skants. This time there will be more than that.

If you want to see where ghetto/skants live, read this report as well http://wagner.nyu.edu/wocpn/reports/Second_annual.pdf. this report will explain well too.

Regarding about unemployment payment, You don't need to ask them to speak out for it, just visit to local office, you wil see how many of them are. some are them are real, because they actually lost the job currently. But the ghetto/skants are asking for unemployment paycheck for long enough. If you love the ghetto/skants community, please move with them along

Last edited by citypower; 02-28-2012 at 06:04 PM..

Old 02-28-2012, 06:26 PM

287 posts, read 593,524 times
I make 33k annually (before taxes)and I owe 125k in student loan debt. At this rate, it will take me 40 years to pay back. I dont have health insurance through my job and refuse to pay the outrageous pricea of COBRA. The funny thing is I hear people at work complain how they dont have enough money to pay their rent this month, yet they have 100 different pairs of shoes, an iphone, and and go out every weekend and spend $70 on drinks in one night. So I have to ask the question, were some peole never taught personal responsibility and budgeting?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 PM

29 posts, read 75,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
I make 33k annually (before taxes)and I owe 125k in student loan debt. At this rate, it will take me 40 years to pay back. I dont have health insurance through my job and refuse to pay the outrageous pricea of COBRA. The funny thing is I hear people at work complain how they dont have enough money to pay their rent this month, yet they have 100 different pairs of shoes, an iphone, and and go out every weekend and spend $70 on drinks in one night. So I have to ask the question, were some peole never taught personal responsibility and budgeting?
open new thread! don't hijack the thread please.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:03 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Topics discussed in this thread are not NYC-exclusive, and discussion of federal programs is better served in a general forum. Thank you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City