Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:17 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times

Advertisements

If you didn't appeal the decision because you believe "a publisher has the right to set its editorial policy"
then why would you be second guessing yourself?

Quote:
So I went by that, giving "conscience" as the reason for my resignation. In the follow-up questionnaire from New York State, I also indicated that there were no other reasons for my resignation.
and now you are going to say "I lied, there WERE other reasons?"

Three weeks ago I advised that you file for an administrative hearing to appeal the decision. Why didn't you bother?

You can TRY the argument about Hurricane Sandy, it might work, presuming Sandy hit within 30 days of your determination.

If they grant you an administrative appeal after the 30 day window, the judge has to determine IF YOU QUIT...and/or IF YOU WERE DISCHARGED BECAUSE OF MISCONDUCT.

You're not real big on planning ahead, are you?

Actually, I'm not quite sure what you are asking?

Last edited by Kefir King; 11-13-2012 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snia View Post
Thank you, but I continued working after sending the resignation e-mail, and didn't get an acceptance of my resignation until AFTER I retracted it.
Doesn't matter!!

You are trying to weasel out of the fact that you QUIT!!

Plain and simple. There is NO such thing as RETRACTING a resignation!

Something to understand, particularly in NYC, and with companies of high quality, such companies do NOT maintain employees who act rashly and/or emotionally as you appear to have.

Most companies will not maintain employees who openly contest company policies, and/or who express disatisfaction wih their employers, supervisory personnel and/or management. (Not happy? Gotta go.) You appear to have expressed dissatisfaction openly.

Employers certainly do not maintain employees who contest management's authority. It appears that you likely did so.

You were not "terminated". You offered your resignation.

You do not state whether the resignation was immediate, as of your presentation of the resignation by email; or whether the resignation was as of some later date.

You do state that you sent the resignation email, then a FEW DAYS later sent a "retraction" email. So, just within these simple facts of your own words, there is some question as to when your resignation began, immediately or later.

You also state that the "meetiing" occurred after your "retraction" email.

I think it safe to assume certain realities.

A) you resigned immediately, and gave a date in which you w/n return to your position. I presume the standard two weeks notice was given within the resignation email. True?

B) sometime with the (2 week) "notice" period, a "few days" after your resignation email, you sent what you consider a "retraction" email.

C) on the date of your "retraction", you were asked into a meeting with your superiors, and informed that your "resignation" was accepted (irregardless of your attempted retraction).

D) one presumes that your resignation was accepted upon receipt. That you provided a "notice" period during which you would continue your duties. That your "retraction" was not accepted, and upon receipt you were informed of this, and that your resignation would begin immediately as of the "meeting" date.

Those are the facts and realities, correct?

E) lastly, I presume that you were under the erroneous impression that after resigning you would be entitled to Unemployment benefits.

Now, upon realizing that by resigning you are not entitled to Unemployment benefits, you are attempting to weasal your way into receiving Unemployment benefits.

It is also apparent that the subject of the "meeting" was your resignation.

It is also apparent, that your "continued work" was simply a part of and within your "notice period".

That's all she wrote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City