U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2007, 02:38 PM
 
11 posts, read 79,921 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I am planning on moving to NYC and wanted to know which places are the best to stay in. I want an affordable place that is also safe. Prefer manhattan maybe? I also have 2 dogs. A 10 pound shihtsu and a 45 pound pit bull. So they would also have to be pet friendly. I currently live in los angeles and its sorta hard to find a place that takes pit bulls. Is nyc the same way predjudice against the breed? Will it b harder to rent? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2007, 02:40 PM
 
7,081 posts, read 24,827,646 times
Reputation: 3655
What do you consider affordable? A budget would be helpful. Also, many rental buildings either don't allow dogs or have weight limits on dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
 
11 posts, read 79,921 times
Reputation: 20
1500 a month? I really want to move to nyc but dont want to give up my pets. Will this be an issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2007, 03:53 PM
 
7,081 posts, read 24,827,646 times
Reputation: 3655
First, that won't get you much in Manhattan - if anything. And, yes, your dogs will be an issue in many places....How about Queens or Brooklyn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2007, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Queens
841 posts, read 3,130,161 times
Reputation: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandweller67 View Post
Hi everyone! I am planning on moving to NYC and wanted to know which places are the best to stay in. I want an affordable place that is also safe. Prefer manhattan maybe? I also have 2 dogs. A 10 pound shihtsu and a 45 pound pit bull. So they would also have to be pet friendly. I currently live in los angeles and its sorta hard to find a place that takes pit bulls. Is nyc the same way predjudice against the breed? Will it b harder to rent? thanks!
For $1500 you can get a nice 1-2 bedroom apartment in Yonkers. Yonkers is a short commute to Midtown and is very dog friendly. However, there has been a crackdown by NYPD and YPD to fine dog owners' dogs caught defecating in the public. The fine has gone up from $50 to $100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2007, 10:53 AM
 
3,442 posts, read 3,304,306 times
Reputation: 2643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandweller67 View Post
1500 a month? I really want to move to nyc but dont want to give up my pets. Will this be an issue?
Yes, any dogs would be an issue, and two more so than one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2007, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
1,526 posts, read 3,968,093 times
Reputation: 279
Pit bulls in particular, I would think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2007, 12:39 PM
 
59 posts, read 170,054 times
Reputation: 40
I'm kind of in the same boat so I'd be curious to hear how things turn out for you. My fiance and I have two "pit bulls" (American Staffordshire Terriers, specifically), and we're currently living with her family. But I worry how finding my own place is going to be when I start looking sometime next year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2009, 12:06 PM
 
1 posts, read 19,001 times
Reputation: 12
I want to move to newyork, i am registered nurse, i want decent apartment to rent, and also i want parking area to park not like road side, can you let me know what area is best and safe and i dont want to spend more than 1200 for 2 bedroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2009, 12:28 PM
 
7,081 posts, read 24,827,646 times
Reputation: 3655
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGOLLAPALLE View Post
I want to move to newyork, i am registered nurse, i want decent apartment to rent, and also i want parking area to park not like road side, can you let me know what area is best and safe and i dont want to spend more than 1200 for 2 bedroom
Ummm...Not in NYC. And you still have to get your New York State license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top