Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,643,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Putting those shapes on each borough takes time. To do the whole city would take some considerable man hours. We don't have the time for that.
That would be a great point, if it were true. It's a simple Google Maps API script, the data is fully complimentary you just have to copy/paste it in one place. Takes all of 3 minutes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 09:32 PM

33,733 posts, read 46,966,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That would be a great point, if it were true. It's a simple Google Maps API script, the data is fully complimentary you just have to copy/paste it in one place. Takes all of 3 minutes
It's really that easy? DM the directions on how to do it to checkmate then. You might have just proven your usefulness on this forum.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-19-2013, 06:08 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,555,649 times
I've been looking at lower Crown Heights for the BK map and I would change it from yellow to orange especially for at night.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:36 AM

573 posts, read 1,459,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
I've been looking at lower Crown Heights for the BK map and I would change it from yellow to orange especially for at night.
Also don't you think that the part of Crown Heights around Albany pjs (let's say, from Kingston to Utica) could be updated to Red ?

Old 09-19-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Can you give some boundaries?

Old 09-19-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
Also don't you think that the part of Crown Heights around Albany pjs (let's say, from Kingston to Utica) could be updated to Red ?
Ok. Fixed.

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 09-19-2013 at 04:40 PM..

Old 09-19-2013, 03:21 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,555,649 times
Quote:
Can you give some boundaries?
Sure. I'd say just continue the orange from Franklin Ave corridor to NY Ave. It's funny cause some of the side streets are pretty quiet, but the main streets of Nostrand, Rodgers, and Bedford have too much going on to be yellow.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Sure. I'd say just continue the orange from Franklin Ave corridor to NY Ave. It's funny cause some of the side streets are pretty quiet, but the main streets of Nostrand, Rodgers, and Bedford have too much going on to be yellow.
Agreed. Fixed.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:13 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,225,528 times
Chicago: Chicago's Deadliest Neighborhoods for Murders | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:25 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,102,369 times
Quote:
Next, the second block is a really small street. We're really not trying to cover NYC block by block, but just give a sense of the overall area. The most we may do are corridors, in which we label avenues and streets with a colored strip lasts for blocks.
Didn't you label Tennis Court specifically red?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The problem is that if you have too many shapes (which would be the case if they were all in one map), the map starts acting funny (sometimes you have to flip between pages to see different parts of the map, or sometimes certain portions don't show up)

Plus, you have to consider that the original map I did was for SI (which is what I'm most familiar with). I didn't originally intend to do all 5 boroughs, but eventually I did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City