Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times

Advertisements

I also like Lucali for pizza in Brooklyn. For Manhattan, I am partial to Pala, and Adrienne's Pizza Bar, among some others mentioned in this thread.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 04:15 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
My impression is that the best pizza these days in considered to be Di Fara. There is no consensus on best Chinese food.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
Do you mean Dani's House of Pizza? I love that place!! Great food and atmosphere and great prices. My husband and I call it our cheap Italian dinner. We go about once a month. We are always amazed with the amount we eat for the low price. And their slices are really great too.
Oops, I misspelled it ...but yes, that's the place! Their pizza is very good. I don't recall ever dining there other than just having pizza but it's always crowded and the place isn't that big either lol. They've been around forever.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 AM

16 posts, read 13,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlonde View Post
Best pizza in New York City is easily Lombardi's.
Lombardi's? HECK NO! NOT THESE DAYS ANYMORE! STAY AWAY!

That's a tourist trap which will serve you your complete pie in 5 minutes or less. Reason why? Because they take an already cooked and frozen pie, put on your choice of toppings and mike it! NOT! cook it from scratch in a brick oven.

Any real New Yorker who knows Pizza will go to Patsy's, DiFara's, Denino's but not to Lombardi's.

THAT PLACE?
I WILL NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:14 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,577,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Oops, I misspelled it ...but yes, that's the place! Their pizza is very good. I don't recall ever dining there other than just having pizza but it's always crowded and the place isn't that big either lol. They've been around forever.
They're great! They have the front of the store which is where they make the pizza and have a countertop with a few seats for people. Always packed. But when you walk in and past the counter, the door on the left leads to a small dining room. Very relaxed, laid back. I love it!

Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM

667 posts, read 1,743,886 times
No votes for Arthur Ave's Mario's? Love their pizza. In Manhattan, there was something about Arturo's and the whole experience there being so classic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City