Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcon0 View Post
Everyone who actually lives in Manhattan knows that on St. Patty's day you stay inside and order SeamlessWeb to avoid the sh*tshow on the streets. What you saw was every bromandude in the tri-state area infiltrating the city to puke on the sidewalks.
haha well i had to learn for myself once.. To be honest I wanted to just check out the parade and maybe go to an irish pub and hang out but unfortunately they were all so packed and the spill over in the streets were trying to start fights with anyone that walked by
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 01:09 PM

510 posts, read 2,243,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
haha well i had to learn for myself once.. To be honest I wanted to just check out the parade and maybe go to an irish pub and hang out but unfortunately they were all so packed and the spill over in the streets were trying to start fights with anyone that walked by
Exactly. I went out at 9:45am to pick up some breakfast on Saturday morning and there were already hordes of idiots in shamrock sunglasses and green top hats stumbling drunkenly around the Lower East Side. Just gotta stay inside and be thankful that some good March Madness games are on.

I also advise finding out when the annual Santacon clusterf--- is going on and following the same protocol.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
Maaaaad racist. The Bronx is filled with 3rd world, brown, afro west indies, cant speak English for their life capital of the world.
Lol you funn son. So now you defending midwesterners ever since you have been giving then negativity on dh and cd. Most of queens is from the 3rd world my dy dude. Besides bronx is in the american mainland queens is offshore

Old 03-19-2012, 05:06 PM

22 posts, read 19,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Problem spotted. Most of the people in Manhattan for St. Patty's day actually live in Manhattan.
Most of the people in Manhattan are not Irish or any ethnic anymore. Just WASPs.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,527,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryF1 View Post
Most of the people in Manhattan are not Irish or any ethnic anymore. Just WASPs.
the worst = vanilla

brooklyn's next

i blame cable tv

Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 PM

5,516 posts, read 8,761,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryF1 View Post
Wrong: census figures have the city in 2010 at 48% non-Hispanic white. That means 52% are black, Hispanic, Asian, or some mix. And of the ones in the 48% non-Hispanic white, we know many are Jews. Manhattan may not be a big Irish hangout anymore, but it sure as hell isn't full of WASPs.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,958,677 times
Manhattan does have A LOT of dbags. Any place with so many finance and banking jobs is going to have TONS of dbags.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 PM

400 posts, read 983,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol you funn son. So now you defending midwesterners ever since you have been giving then negativity on dh and cd. Most of queens is from the 3rd world my dy dude. Besides bronx is in the american mainland queens is offshore
Not defending them at all, I wish they all left or at least were more dispersed throughout the city instead of one destination. Im
just putting into perspective how you throw around the word white in conjunction with any bad stereotype or unvirtuous characteristic.

QUeens is the 4.5th world, what a dump this place is. Its not that bad crime wise, but it sure contains ULTRA primitive people(s).

Mainland... dont give me that nonsense. Ok so even if QUeens is "offshore" I live on an island baby, Im living "OFFSHORE", the highlife!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:11 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,219 times
This thread has officially gone full retard.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,529,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
Not defending them at all, I wish they all left or at least were more dispersed throughout the city instead of one destination. Im
just putting into perspective how you throw around the word white in conjunction with any bad stereotype or unvirtuous characteristic.

QUeens is the 4.5th world, what a dump this place is. Its not that bad crime wise, but it sure contains ULTRA primitive people(s).

Mainland... dont give me that nonsense. Ok so even if QUeens is "offshore" I live on an island baby, Im living "OFFSHORE", the highlife!
Flushing why do you frustrate yourself by living around all these brown people? Go live in West Virginia with your own kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: