Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I think what you're saying is well thought out aside from the last part. This incident has nothing to do with a white guy, as I've already noted.
Uh, Zimmerman is half white and half-Hispanic.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Who's making stuff up!

I notice that you tell us what the kid was doing, and then add "according to Zimmerman" as if that guy is going to tell the truth in this situation.

Do you realize Zimmerman had made 46 calls to 911 in the past few years? They were for things like noticed "open garage door" and "two black males driving a Chevy Impala inside the gate of the community" -- call was made because Zimmerman doesn't recognize them or the vehicle. Another was to report an 8 year old kid for acting suspicious.

This guy was a wannabe cop with nothing to do but spy on people, and apparently shoot them.

46 Calls - The Daily Beast
I don't see your point--he made 46 calls to 911 as a concerned citizen due to an upswing of crime in his neighborhood. And surprise, they weren't all reports about blacks.

I don't disagree that he went out of bounds with this. I just don't agree that he was some hooded klansman with a scope and rifle looking for young black teens with hoodies. Reports have shown that his reports and info had thwarted crimes and led to arrests. Citizens both black and white have thanked him in the past for this.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
I just think people are going too much on tangents. A few things we KNOW about this case already:

Trayvon did not have a weapon, he was found with a bag of skittles and an iced tea

Trayvon weighed about 100 lbs less than zimmerman

Trayvon was Visiting his father who lives in the neighborhood

Zimmerman had some charges on his record, including a domestic violence charge

Zimmerman can be heard on the 911 call saying, "fuc**ng co**s"

Zimmerman was told by 911 to not continue pursuing Trayvan and to let the police do their job

Old 03-22-2012, 08:19 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
I think what you're saying is well thought out aside from the last part. This incident has nothing to do with a white guy, as I've already noted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Uh, Zimmerman is half white and half-Hispanic.

Well whatever he is, he looks like he's more hispanic than anything. So not your typical "racist white guy" that everyone is frothing at the mouth about. If you ask me, he looks like a f'n samoan or something...

Old 03-22-2012, 08:21 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I just think people are going too much on tangents. A few things we KNOW about this case already:

Trayvon did not have a weapon, he was found with a bag of skittles and an iced tea

Zimmerman was told by 911 to not continue pursuing Trayvan and to let the police do their job
We also know that:

Zimmerman claimed he yelled for "help" during the altercation

Zimmerman was also found with blood on his face and grass on his back when police arrived

Zimmerman helped the police solve several crimes in the neighborhood

Both blacks and whites have thanked him in his community

Treyvon was suspended for 10 days from school prior to arriving to his dad's house

Zimmerman is overweight and bloated; Teyvon is approximately 6'3
in height, 150 lbs nicknamed "slim" and played football.

The recording of Zimmerman actually says "f--king punks" when cleared up.

Zimmerman was told by the 911 dispatcher "sir are you following him?--we dont need you to do that"

Old 03-22-2012, 08:22 PM

22 posts, read 19,582 times
Quote:
Well whatever he is, he looks like he's more hispanic than anything. So not your typical "racist white guy" that everyone is frothing at the mouth about. If you ask me, he looks like a f'n samoan or something...

Just like the U.S. media was quick to jump to conclusions about the Jewish school shooting in France, they claimed it was "likely a Neo - Nazi" and approximately an hour later it was revealed the killer was a Muslim with ties to an Algerian Al Qaeda terror cell. Take ANYTHING that the media says with a grain of salt!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:22 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
He looks stereoypically hispanic, ie mexican. But in the grand scheme what does looking hispanic mean anyway? Hispanic people look all kinds of ways. Many are Whiter than casper and yeah quite a few are racists...

Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:

A lot of times when men are involved in psychical altercations they say things that they do not really mean. I am sure if he was gay or if he was wearing a shirt that said "Irish Pride or Italian Pride" he would have been called a slur for one of those. How do we know that Trayvon did not call him a "cracker" or "sp**"?

You really shouldn't call a person a racist based on an event like this. People say things they don't mean, I am sure you have as well.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
This stuff seems to happen to blacks so often that protesting is no longer effective.

The family needs to let their legal team handle the situation.

My question is, isn't it strange how incidents like this are very common with blacks? When will blacks say enough is enough to blacks.

Blacks are at the botton in terms of education ,business ownership, management positions,wealth,etc....but we'll protest at the drop of a dime.

Blacks don't get respect because frankly, the way in which we as a whole present ourselves does not deserve respect.

This will never happen to a Asian kid or Jewish kid. They've delt with just as many issues as blacks have in this country.

I just find it strange these incidents always seem to happen and a, black kid is always at the center. All the while, you go into any inner city and black males are murdering eachother daily. No protesting there.

Let a white guy do it, all hell breaks lose. I love the double standard.

Ron,
A Thinking Black male!
A portion of your post possess great substance however, I feel you are mislead via media and misguided guilt.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
He looks stereoypically hispanic, ie mexican. But in the grand scheme what does looking hispanic mean anyway? Hispanic people look all kinds of ways. Many are Whiter than casper and yeah quite a few are racists...
You lost all credibility here with "quite a few Hispanics are racists", now if I said this about blacks I would have been ostracized. You can't have it both ways, buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: