U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-01-2012, 04:45 AM

312 posts, read 1,050,971 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 04:50 AM

312 posts, read 1,050,971 times
Hi I agreed to sublet a room in the marble hill area.I will be working day shifts and evening shifts in the Gramercy Park Area and I am wondering the best way to get into the city.
Train? How long would it take to get to grand Central?
Or Car?
(I did try to do a search to no avail)
Thank you

Old 04-01-2012, 11:15 AM

3,361 posts, read 3,742,793 times
If money is no object, I'd take the Metro-North Hudson Line to Grand Central, and then take the (6) down to 23rd Street. Google Transit says that it should take about 45 minutes door-to-door, which I think is pretty reasonable.

It also suggests taking the (1) to Times Square for the (N) or (R), and that takes about 50 minutes, but seeing that the (1) makes all local stops, I don't see how it only adds 5 minutes to the trip. It probably adds around 15 minutes, which would bring the travel time to about an hour.

The thing is that Metro-North is faster, but it's less frequent, so if you don't want to be tied down to the schedule, take the subway (or if it's a weekend, I guess you could drive, but parking is still going to be pretty hard to find, unless you use a garage, but that could be expensive. A lot of them charge $20 an hour for parking)

Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 PM

9,395 posts, read 15,994,245 times
You can also take the express bus to 34th street from Marble Hill as it makes stops on W230th and Broadway. The BxM1 is the east side express bus from Riverdale to 34th Street.

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/bxm1cur.pdf

If you choose to drive, get a monthly account in the neighborhood, since the daily parking fees will add up quickly. Check http://nyc.bestparking.com to find garages where you can get a good monthly rate, or daily rate, should you need to drive occasionally.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City