Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 956 times

Advertisements

How can I change the deed back into my name to prevent he selling my home as one of his corporation assess? What legal action should I take? On 12/10, My brother in law convience me to change the deed of my investment home into his corporation without given me any shares, sign documents, or copy of the transaction. Now he claimed he took cash advantage from his wife credit card in the amount of $6,000 and he wants me to pay his debt - he threaten me that he will sell my home if I do not Pay $6,000 - he uses an scam against me - I donot want to loss my 2nd property. Mortagage and all the bills are under my name for this property except the deed that I stupidly change to my brother in law corporation's name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
You do not need a "real estate suggestion", which is apparently how you go into the mess in the first place.

What you need is good and correct LEGAL advice! Specifically that of a Real Estate LITIGATION attorney.

The suggestion is to call your local County Bar Association, explain your circumstance, and ask for a reccommendation.

Btw, this not a NYC issue, but one relevant to the County in which the property lies.

Also, you stated that there is no record of the transaction? I would imagine that there was a Quit Claim deed with compensation of $1??? So, the deed was not recorded?

In any event, you simply need to prove that the property is yours, by way of tax records, mortgage payments, etc. Your original transaction and property records, and all records showing that you are and have continually maintained the property.

Also, I suggest that ALL further commication with the alleged owner be in WRITTEN form ONLY. So that you have a record of all threats and allegations. You may need this in order to get an 'injunction' preventing the sale of the property.

Ultimately, you will need to convince a judge that you are the real and true owner. In which case, the court will nullify the deed in the corporation name and/or order a new deed in your name.

You cannot do this amateurishly on your own!! Seek legal counsel at the least.

Lastly, I do hope you have 'clean hands', as it is likely that the property transfer to the corporation was done, presumably, to some hoped for benefit of your own.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:28 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
joanely,

Not much YOU can do. The "corporation" has to change the ownership terms.

Perhaps tell him you will give him the $6000 IF he signs the house back to you. You will have learned a good lesson very expensively but then you can walk away from the bum.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:54 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
joanely,

Not much YOU can do. The "corporation" has to change the ownership terms.

Perhaps tell him you will give him the $6000 IF he signs the house back to you. You will have learned a good lesson very expensively but then you can walk away from the bum.
This is WHOLLY incorrect information, by one with no professional knowledge whatsoever!

The suggestion that you pay $6000 is unconscionable.

Again, this poster makes *absolute* statements and conclusions WITHOUT knowing the facts of the matter. Facts which have not been provided by the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City