U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 08:09 PM

14,956 posts, read 17,509,383 times

Advertisements

I met a chick last night in Manhattan. She is a city chick actually a native. She told me she only likes Brooklyn guys because they have swagger. She said she don't know she only prefer Brooklyn guys, likes types from bedstuy and Brownsville. I was like what about bearded williamsburg guys? She likes that too. Sadly she too is a single mother oland her babies daddy is from Brooklyn. Smh. This was the most naive chick I met in a min. So naive I had to laugh. On the brightside I met a Jersey chick who wants to chill and explore nyc neigborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,220,284 times
The best thing is when you meet a gorgeous chick but shes not really aware of her beauty. Sometimes chicks from the boonies are like this.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM

2,151 posts, read 2,647,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
The best thing is when you meet a gorgeous chick but shes not really aware of her beauty. Sometimes chicks from the boonies are like this.
this is rare, usually guys that dont know better have already inflated their ego

Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM

5,088 posts, read 5,434,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I've noticed this particularly with women from Europe who come here. Average in their countries is like an 8+ here and sometimes they don't even realize it.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:46 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,097,304 times
people always tell me you have to have this
and you have to have that to get a female.

Last edited by 11KAP; 05-07-2012 at 02:19 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM

9,836 posts, read 21,557,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityinfonow View Post
i had to click on this.....what?!?!?!?!?!!?:th ink:
dude, the very first day i moved to new york i "slept with" the hottest girl from argentina i've ever seen in my life....this is after about a year long dry spell.
i don't go after girls at all, don't ever go out to pick up chicks, etc. i usually have a girlfriend. picking up girls is EASY as he** in nyc.

It just boils down to having a little bit of game, being yourself and making a girl laugh. after that, get a number. end of story.

granted, i'm not dragging home dimes, but strong 8s and 9s....just go hit up a couple chill bar spots and make it casual.
Key part to take out of what you wrote... The woman you hooked up with was a foreigner. Foreigners, out of towners, transplants, etc are generally much easier to approach and talk to than natives. Native NYC are some of the hardest women to approach on the planet.

IMO your best bet is to try to find a common interest. Whether it be some activity, or a common friend, etc. Something. It really helps to break down those walls NYC women put up. I'm so happy I'm not single in nyc anymore. Good luck to all you single fellas though...

Old 05-07-2012, 05:48 PM

9,836 posts, read 21,557,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I've noticed this particularly with women from Europe who come here. Average in their countries is like an 8+ here and sometimes they don't even realize it.
Ehh it depends on the country though...some European countries are known for having really plain homely women...

Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM

311 posts, read 762,780 times
To be honest, I don't follow this thread.

I'm from Washington D.C., where women are in short supply, they're usually outnumbered by guys 2:1, and they also NEVER look at guys or flirt with them. Not to mention, not only are there not enough of them, but they're also hideously unattractive ("Hollywood for ugly people") and they're spoiled by all the attention that guys lavish on them. If you browse D.C. forums you'll find thousands of threads created almost on a daily basis by frustrated men who can't get a freaking date in D.C.

Now let's turn our attention to NYC, over the past two years I've visited NYC about 5 times. Every time I walk in Manhattan I catch women looking at me -- this never ever happens in D.C.!

When riding the subway last year, the Q line to be exact, several girls on the train actually struck up conversations with me out of the blue, or made eye contact with me. I really was amazed. This is the total opposite of what men experience in D.C.

I think you guys in NYC don't know how good you have it. You have an abundance of women and the women have to compete with each other. Okay, they want wealthy guys, but in a situation with a lot of competition, they'll be a lot friendlier and flirtier toward *all* guys. They don't have a lot of choice. NYC has tons of attractive/model-like women and also there's a constant influx of new young women working in female-oriented jobs like fashion, journalism, media, etc.

Contrast that with D.C. The women are ugly, they don't have any competition, the industries are military-related as well as IT (both male-dominated). Even the fat and ugly women here get hit on on a daily basis, AND a huge swath of the male population here is still incredibly lonely, because there aren't enough women to go around.

Anyone who says dating is hard for men in NYC needs to have their head examined. Or alternatively, come down to Washington D.C.

Last edited by Eugene80; 05-07-2012 at 09:20 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 PM

2,151 posts, read 2,647,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
To be honest, I don't follow this thread.

I'm from Washington D.C., where women are in short supply, they're usually outnumbered by guys 2:1, and they also NEVER look at guys or flirt with them. Not to mention, not only are there not enough of them, but they're also hideously unattractive ("Hollywood for ugly people") and they're spoiled by all the attention that guys lavish on them. If you browse D.C. forums you'll find thousands of threads created almost on a daily basis by frustrated men who can't get a freaking date in D.C.

Now let's turn our attention to NYC, over the past two years I've visited NYC about 5 times. Every time I walk in Manhattan I catch women looking at me -- this never ever happens in D.C.!

When riding the subway last year, the Q line to be exact, several girls on the train actually struck up conversations with me out of the blue, or made eye contact with me. I really was amazed. This is the total opposite of what men experience in D.C.

I think you guys in NYC don't know how good you have it. You have an abundance of women and the women have to compete with each other. Okay, they want wealthy guys, but in a situation with a lot of competition, they'll be a lot friendlier and flirtier toward *all* guys. They don't have a lot of choice. NYC has tons of attractive/model-like women and also there's a constant influx of new young women working in female-oriented jobs like fashion, journalism, media, etc.

Contrast that with D.C. The women are ugly, they don't have any competition, the industries are military-related as well as IT (both male-dominated). Even the fat and ugly women here get hit on on a daily basis, AND a huge swath of the male population here is still incredibly lonely, because there aren't enough women to go around.

Anyone who says dating is hard for men in NYC needs to have their head examined. Or alternatively, come down to Washington D.C.
so really what ur saying is that none of the girls that u caught eyes with/ had conversations with did u get their numbers, go out on dates with, or have them become ur girlfriend?

Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 PM

5,473 posts, read 9,220,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Ehh it depends on the country though...some European countries are known for having really plain homely women...
British girls.

But Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary...Lord have mercy!

But don't watch the HOSTEL flicks they portray a very disturbing image of Slovakia.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 05-07-2012 at 11:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City