U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 11:49 AM

14,795 posts, read 17,404,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
It's all about how you handle yourself everyone always says be confident but it's true women really do respond to confidence and don't be afraid to get rejected every guy gets rejected at some point.

Also be a little perseverant there's been times when Ive approached a girl and shes told me shes not interested but I keep at it but not in an aggressive, weird, or needy way and they usually give in.

But you still have to have good style here you can't approach these NY girls looking like a bum

And really observe the girl for a second before you approach her if she looks like she's dressed really well and into fashion compliment her style, it she looks like some artistic girl ask her if she is and about her art, and if she looks like an out of towner ask her about where she's from. Don't just have some generic lines you use for every single girl you see.
Very True. Also as guy you have to observe and try to control the situation, dont be afraid to back out if the conversation is not going anywhere while your hitting or trying to pick her up. Last night I had a conversation with a chick about her sleeve tattoo, we talked about tattoos, She was from Denver which I joked Menver and she laughed and acknowledge its full of men, phone number exchange and FB exchange, will report back on her because she is moving back to CO soon.

Guys have to compensate and make up alot for not having good looks or money so a sense of style is really key plus confidence is key with any woman in this city wether if she is a local, Transplant or even some cases with immigrant chicks like Euro and Latin Americna types. Also observe day game and night game differences. Word of advice. For most fellas its best to avoid night life pick ups usually chicks at clubs are looking for dudes with money or cute guys and even worse if your not a good dancer or not fashion savvy. Did I say money, women from daddies little princess, to welfare Queens, to Independent women are all looking for guys with money at most night spots.

Fellas you shouold not worry, women do come along eventually, not to long ago I had a friends GF tried to hit on me because I got my stuff together in life or tying to put them together while my friend has not. I crossed paths and had a convo with a black chick yesterday a casual talk and she started talking about JEsus Christ and Im not much of a Christian mingler, a bit of a turnoff for me. On 7th avenue tourist district, I cross paths with this hot black chick from Houston, she acknowledged my height and she was saddened that too many NYC men are short. I said to her NYC is the only place in America where short men gets laid, she laughed it off. She had to fly home in the next few hours after we meet and exchanged FB.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 07-04-2012 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 05:21 PM

559 posts, read 928,726 times
It is easy to meet women. It is hard to form relationships.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 PM

6,909 posts, read 9,031,228 times
Don't make things too complicated. Open an account with Seeking Arrangement and you will meet lots of women in NYC.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:11 PM

4 posts, read 6,063 times
there are so many LESBIANS out there nowadays adding to the problem. LOW LIFE GARBAGE WOMEN are certainly everywhere today, makes you wonder why us GOOD MEN can't find a DECENT WOMAN NOW.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:25 PM

506 posts, read 676,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exactly right View Post
there are so many LESBIANS out there nowadays adding to the problem. LOW LIFE GARBAGE WOMEN are certainly everywhere today, makes you wonder why us GOOD MEN can't find a DECENT WOMAN NOW.
Are you trying to send some kind of subconscious, hypnotic messages by capitalizing certain key words? Perhaps if you learn how to express yourself properly you wouldn't have such a hard time? I suggest Rosetta Stone. Or you can just adopt a Transalvanian accent and wear an ascot at all times.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:01 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,258,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exactly right View Post
Uhhh.. Just FYI. Lesbians don't make it difficult to date straight women, since straight women have no interest in dating lesbians. If that's your excuse for not finding women the problem is clearly YOU.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,199 times
well there are certainly much more gay women these days.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:32 PM

5,473 posts, read 9,191,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 55 View Post
well there are certainly much more gay women these days.
I don't think there are more lesbians nowadays they are just more visible. I've noticed though an uptick in bi-sexual women who likes to have a guy in the bed as a third party.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,065,013 times
because you're a stranger.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,425 times
I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City