U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-11-2013, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Bronx
14,780 posts, read 17,404,166 times
Reputation: 7508

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 55 View Post
well there are certainly much more gay women these days.
I don't think that's the case, I can say that visibly there are much more gay men in NYC than gay women. Hell even a gay guy tried to holler at me in Hells Kitchen this passed weekend, WTF! I can say plenty of women in NYC don't mind swinging around about it. Plenty of women in NYC are probably bisexual like Bill De Blasio wife for example. NYC women are very shallow, probably the most shallowest in this country, its a sad reality, but it is what it is. It you want to meet women don't use excuses that women are lesbians, for majority of twenty something women in NYC they either want a man that is attractive, funny, tall regardless of income, or a man that has money that can provide safety, security and stability for a family or to support her existing family. 250 pound BBW in Harlem or Bedstuy has more choices than a typical NYC average Joe guy.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2013, 08:03 PM
 
6,815 posts, read 4,424,078 times
Reputation: 7608
I agree with Bronxguy.

The issue is not gay women/men. The real issue is the effect that feminism has had on the dynamics of relationship and dating. A woman no longer needs a man to provide her the basic needs of life. A woman no longer has to settle; she can wait until mr.right comes along.

You also have to remember that a woman is approached or eye sexed by multiple men in a day. She has her pick of the litter (as they say). Women rarely approach a man unless he is a celebrity, sport athlete or of high status. Chicks view any male that they don't know as weird or creepy. If you are a shy or socially awkward dude then you are pretty much screwed as you will definitely be viewed as weird or creepy.

IMO, you should concentrate on your career, body and finances. Career = high income. Body = good health and eye candy. Finances = retirement. If you meet a girl then you meet a girl. If not, no biggie.

Also, happiness should be an internal source not external. If you are seeking happiness by being in a relationship then you are in trouble. A woman should compliment your happiness NEVER be the source of your happiness.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 08:35 PM
 
Location: Queens, NY
842 posts, read 878,281 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Sorry for to hear your pain op. I had similar problems as you but lately it has been getting better for me. I have to admit there are is alot of dynamics in meeting women in NYC. What I realize about myself that I am a man with no nation however I can easily infiltrate or mimic and imitate a social clique or subculture in order to find some sort of women that are into these cliques. One you need to look at where you fit in society as whole and put yourself in a social clique or subculture categorie. Have you noticed that people with iphones tend to date people with iphones, you need to have chemistry. For example nearly a year a go I saw on the train a ghetto Black girl sit across from a hood Dominican guy, both had one thing in common wearing Air Jordans. The Dominican guy started a conversation about air Jordans with the ghetto black girl and that help bring down her virtual wall. They exchanged numbers. IF this was a clean cut yuppie guy of any race that guy would not get no play from that ghetto girl because of different styles and taste and she would write him off as a cornball unless that ghetto girl is smart and has something to get out of the clean cut well spoken guy $$$$$.

You need to put yourself in a categorie and find women in NYC that way. Also there is gold diggers everywhere, some looking for a new TV or some looking for a new Louis Vutton handbag and some are looking for you to help pay off her tuition from college. For me hood ghetto chicks are easy however I tend to avoid because they tend to have alot of baggage such as baby father drama from multiple fathers and etc, I like yuppie transplant chicks but they are hard to get because they are chasing men with hedge fund and also they prefer to date guys who are like them primarily from out of town. Then you have the big hipster scene, are you into art and 80s music? If so then check that out and see if you cna nail some tail that way. Being goodlooking helps to some extent however when she gets to know your true colors she will then bounce and go to her plan B. Yes there are alot of single women in NYC especially fat and ugly ones however they too get laid, women in NYC have some sort of signficant other. If you wanna meet girls I say check out 7th avenue in the tourist spots, lots of chicks there and also check out union square park aswell as Bryant Park especially with the weather getting warmer. Any way guy goodluck.
Old post, but this really sums it up. Especially the bolded.

I'm a short, black guy. My problem is that I don't fit into ANY social cliques. Believe me that I've tried by going into different social scenes around here with the same results. My biggest disappointment so far was trying to hang with the hipster crowd who, while ironically are suppose to be independent (read :non-conformist) thinkers, are some of the snobbiest, trend following people around. It really sucks when you don't feel like you fit in anywhere despite being here longer than most of the people who live here now.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 08:55 PM
 
1,241 posts, read 3,598,329 times
Reputation: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Old post, but this really sums it up. Especially the bolded.

I'm a short, black guy. My problem is that I don't fit into ANY social cliques. Believe me that I've tried by going into different social scenes around here with the same results. My biggest disappointment so far was trying to hang with the hipster crowd who, while ironically are suppose to be independent (read :non-conformist) thinkers, are some of the snobbiest, trend following people around. It really sucks when you don't feel like you fit in anywhere despite being here longer than most of the people who live here now.
NYC (and most of Queens & Brooklyn) are for the young & rich (20's and making $100,000 and up). I am from Queens and own a business as an absentee owner so I am in the city at least one or two weekends a month.

The hipster crowd are probably some of the fakest, snobbiest types who seriously think they are the ****. Seriously, I have the money to get into any of the trendy places but wouldn't fit in because I don't have that rich, snooty vibe that all these yuppie transplants seem to have.
If you don't feel like you fit in you should stop trying because I am sorry to say but likely you don't. NYC (and the other east coast cities - Boston, Washington DC) have become increasingly based on social class, what labels you wear, and family connections.. Many if not most middle class white native NY'ers have moved out of the area long ago unless they have reason to stay (inherited a house or cheap rent stabilized apartment)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
48 posts, read 106,992 times
Reputation: 49
You'll meet many girls in clubs, just go pregaming with some Friends go to the Club and you'll meet at least 2, 3 nice girls
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 01:49 AM
 
Location: A box below 59th
655 posts, read 521,364 times
Reputation: 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post

IMO, you should concentrate on your career, body and finances. Career = high income. Body = good health and eye candy. Finances = retirement. If you meet a girl then you meet a girl. If not, no biggie.

Also, happiness should be an internal source not external. If you are seeking happiness by being in a relationship then you are in trouble. A woman should compliment your happiness NEVER be the source of your happiness.
Absolutely true. Of course, it's tough because in the meantime you aren't getting laid.

This is going to sound gross, but needs must as the devil drives: visit a pro while you're getting your life sorted. It's only marginally more costly than a couple of expensive dates. It's a good way to get confidence up too, and to practise bedroom manner.

I'd also add, once you have your act together, and if you're still looking, find a girl from out of town. Blunt fact is their standards are lower. I found a beautiful girl in the Aussie equivalent of Ohio - she went to an excellent university, is well read and far smarter than me. She even asked me to marry her. If she were a Sydney girl, there's no way she'd have looked at me twice. I'm not saying to swagger around just because you're from The City - which is ridiculous - but that your sorted (but still humble) self will be more effective if the barrier to entry is lower.

In short, find your market value in different regions. Maximise. That might mean giving NY women a miss.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 04:00 AM
 
236 posts, read 246,937 times
Reputation: 290
This is New York. Shy doesn't get it done. You are expected to man up and strike up a convo. Dudes without 2 nickels to rub together pulling serious ass off confidence alone. It's RIGHT THERE, like a stack of money on the table.
Pick up the money.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 05:38 AM
 
Location: Bronx
14,780 posts, read 17,404,166 times
Reputation: 7508
Another thing is that here in NYC plenty of women chase after the same type of guy and ignore typical regular guys. Even average and below average women with high inflated egos chase after certain men. In this city dating is primarily skewed in favor of women.

All The Single Ladies…Are Fighting For The Same Man
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Queens, NY
842 posts, read 878,281 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL28 View Post
NYC (and most of Queens & Brooklyn) are for the young & rich (20's and making $100,000 and up). I am from Queens and own a business as an absentee owner so I am in the city at least one or two weekends a month.

The hipster crowd are probably some of the fakest, snobbiest types who seriously think they are the ****. Seriously, I have the money to get into any of the trendy places but wouldn't fit in because I don't have that rich, snooty vibe that all these yuppie transplants seem to have.
If you don't feel like you fit in you should stop trying because I am sorry to say but likely you don't. NYC (and the other east coast cities - Boston, Washington DC) have become increasingly based on social class, what labels you wear, and family connections.. Many if not most middle class white native NY'ers have moved out of the area long ago unless they have reason to stay (inherited a house or cheap rent stabilized apartment)
Exactly. That's why I've stopped going to bars/clubs when I'm bored on a Friday/Saturday night. It's all about social status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfmade92 View Post
You'll meet many girls in clubs, just go pregaming with some Friends go to the Club and you'll meet at least 2, 3 nice girls
Never happened with us before. Besides, there is waaaaay too much competition and, unless I was Lil Wayne, they would rarely go for the short black dude in the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Another thing is that here in NYC plenty of women chase after the same type of guy and ignore typical regular guys. Even average and below average women with high inflated egos chase after certain men. In this city dating is primarily skewed in favor of women.

All The Single Ladies…Are Fighting For The Same Man
I've been saying this for the longest time. Unfortunately, we are not all tall, dark and handsome.

I love it when they say, "It's just a preference" (requirement), yet get mad that most women "prefer" the same guy. Why in the world would a guy with so many options want to stay single? Why can't you choose the shorter blue collar worker over there? Is it because he won't boost your social status and make your friends "jealous?"
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 AM
 
1,241 posts, read 3,598,329 times
Reputation: 851
Without two nickels to rub together in nyc? Seriously? People are
Confident if broke
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top