U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 07:41 PM

91 posts, read 131,858 times

Advertisements

What are some good bars for people who are in their 30's? I don't want to hang out with a 20 somethings, nothing against them, but I already been there and done that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 08:25 PM

27 posts, read 32,219 times
If you have a job and you learn to dance salsa your problems will be solved.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:27 PM

27 posts, read 32,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny2k View Post
I do not get it. I was born here but raised upstate, I am not bad looking, I am 6 foot tall, I have a calm/relaxed/shy demeanor. I am not one to follow trends but I do dress well. My entire family is from the city and is of Irish-Italian descent.

I have noticed where I used to live I had a much easier time. Is it just me or is NY a tough place to meet women?
If you have a job and learn to dance salsa your problems will be solved.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,437,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRoadie View Post
If you have a job and learn to dance salsa your problems will be solved.
Who dances salsa these days in NYC besides professional Latin dancers and old school Puerto Ricans. The hottest dance comes out of the Dominican REpublic which is now the dominate Hispanic culture in NYC these days. Lets get loud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolas70degrees View Post
What are some good bars for people who are in their 30's? I don't want to hang out with a 20 somethings, nothing against them, but I already been there and done that.
Tough call, I too will stop hanging around 20 somethings as of this year since approaching 30. I guess tapas lounge might be a good place to start. Or if not go to places where you can find local NYC milfs clubbing it out during the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Exactly. That's why I've stopped going to bars/clubs when I'm bored on a Friday/Saturday night. It's all about social status.

Never happened with us before. Besides, there is waaaaay too much competition and, unless I was Lil Wayne, they would rarely go for the short black dude in the club.

I've been saying this for the longest time. Unfortunately, we are not all tall, dark and handsome.

I love it when they say, "It's just a preference" (requirement), yet get mad that most women "prefer" the same guy. Why in the world would a guy with so many options want to stay single? Why can't you choose the shorter blue collar worker over there? Is it because he won't boost your social status and make your friends "jealous?"
Yes its true its all about social status, if you live in Manhattan or hip part of Brooklyn, own a condo, rent a pad, for Yuppie Transplants, for local NYC women a man has to swoon her with his fresh new car with leather seats.

The thing is this that NYC is a women's city and generally caters around women to a certain extent, its not a manly city like Seattle, or DC or Dallas. NYC has certain job industries that lures women from across America to other parts of the world to make money and be a bit independent. No one wants an average guy, you just got to hope that she friendzoned and keeps you as an insurance for a rainy day! I gotta say this if your a male and unemployed you better be real good looking because independent women don't mind dating you because your physique is a trade off. If your ugly or average looking NYC male, you better have a car, a good job, a college degree, your own place, or if not you better have money, if not that an amazing personality. It is really a catch 22 out here.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:53 AM

6,909 posts, read 9,042,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
you better have a car, a good job, a college degree, your own place, or if not you better have money, if not that an amazing personality.
Even this is not enough.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:03 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,074,702 times
forget about it.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:24 PM

1,745 posts, read 2,032,782 times
Easy to meet people, hard to form lasting relationships. It helps to be able to handle rejection because, as a woman there is one thing I know- that we woman are very mercurial creatures and we often make no sense. Case in point: I have banged the ugly out-of-shape cable repair guy because I was horny and felt like it. I have also rejected a guy who looked just like George Clooney because I was on my time of the month and feeling crabby. Don't even attempt to understand us, it is impossible.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:17 PM

48 posts, read 107,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Never happened with us before. Besides, there is waaaaay too much competition and, unless I was Lil Wayne, they would rarely go for the short black
Ok, could be... Haven't really thought about that I for myself have the luck to be a little special with my blonde hair, blue eyes, heavy European accent, especially when wasted

But still, a magicians best audience is a drunk audience

Old 05-13-2013, 04:39 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,437,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfmade92 View Post
Ok, could be... Haven't really thought about that I for myself have the luck to be a little special with my blonde hair, blue eyes, heavy European accent, especially when wasted

But still, a magicians best audience is a drunk audience
Even better a drugged up or high audience. Give a woman some snow and you see her other side come out.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:46 PM

912 posts, read 1,714,670 times
It's not you have to approach women on the street not in bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City