U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,074,702 times

Advertisements

^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM

194 posts, read 421,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
So you have a college degree and a decent-paying job. Have you tried opening a Seeking Arrangement account? Budget $1,500/month.
Bahahaha, I just Googled that out of curiosity.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:29 PM

1,745 posts, read 2,032,782 times
So basically... you want a prostitute? Is that what I'm getting? And you wonder why the women you date are all sh*t.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:23 PM

194 posts, read 421,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
So basically... you want a prostitute? Is that what I'm getting? And you wonder why the women you date are all sh*t.
Who, me? Naw. I just Googled SA to see what he was referring to.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:44 PM

27 posts, read 32,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Columbians don't dance Salsa, their thing is Cumbia. Salsa is very popular all over the world but not so popular here in NYC, it was ten years ago. Its about Merengue, Bachata and Dembow these days.
Of course they do, they have many salsa stars, go down to cartagena for the music festival. Cumbia just happens to be one of the many different types of musics that is played there.

Salsa de Cali Colombia Mix - YouTube

Homenaje Al Maestro de la Salsa Colombiana - Joe Arroyo (Exitos de Oro) Mix DJ Eduardo Perez - YouTube

Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,437,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRoadie View Post
Of course they do, they have many salsa stars, go down to cartagena for the music festival. Cumbia just happens to be one of the many different types of musics that is played there.

Homenaje Al Maestro de la Salsa Colombiana - Joe Arroyo (Exitos de Oro) Mix DJ Eduardo Perez - YouTube
Cartagena is very Caribbean compared to traditional Columbian. Of course salsa will be a popular dance in that region.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:01 PM

27 posts, read 32,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Columbians don't dance Salsa, their thing is Cumbia. Salsa is very popular all over the world but not so popular here in NYC, it was ten years ago. Its about Merengue, Bachata and Dembow these days.
Of course they do, they have many salsa stars, go down to Cartagena for a music festival. Cumbia just happens to be one of the many different types of music that is played there.

The thing is this a multicultural city, if you can't attract women with your wallet then you have to have some skill in another area, with skill comes confidence. I learned to dance in my teens, it's a skill that has allowed me to meet all kinds of women.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 PM

286 posts, read 455,498 times
here's one way to meet women, based on the comments this seems to happen often.

I Was Groped on the Subway - NYTimes.com

And I'd say NYC women are more choosy.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 AM

6,909 posts, read 9,042,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Stereo View Post
Who, me? Naw. I just Googled SA to see what he was referring to.
Read bronxguyanese's very true posts about women in NYC. Most of the one's you can try to pick up in bars, offices, etc. are looking to date/copulate for material gain anyway.

As for professional prostitutes, you are just as likely to bump into one in a club/bar than in SA, match.com, eharmony etc. With SA, you can at least filter your search to non-pros - ie, university students, yuppies starting out, visual/performing artists. You can even expand your search outside of NYC. It keeps the whole thing simple and gets rid of the abstraction BS that NYC women use as excuses for finding rich guys.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:49 AM

1,745 posts, read 2,032,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Read bronxguyanese's very true posts about women in NYC. Most of the one's you can try to pick up in bars, offices, etc. are looking to date/copulate for material gain anyway.

As for professional prostitutes, you are just as likely to bump into one in a club/bar than in SA, match.com, eharmony etc. With SA, you can at least filter your search to non-pros - ie, university students, yuppies starting out, visual/performing artists. You can even expand your search outside of NYC. It keeps the whole thing simple and gets rid of the abstraction BS that NYC women use as excuses for finding rich guys.
But it's perfectly acceptable for you to value you a woman just on her looks? I think I'm starting to figure out your problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City