U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 08:46 PM

339 posts, read 556,095 times

Advertisements

The more women-blaming excuses you [not the OP but all the angry men in this forum] seek to explain why you're not meeting them, the less likely it is you will ever get involved with a woman. That kind of bitterness and misogyny seeps out of you and turns women off. Here's a hint: stop blaming your not being to meet a woman on "golddiggers" or "being too into themselves." If you come off as pissed off at women or misogynistic, you will NEVER get play. Too many angry guys out there. WE'RE the ones who get hassled on the subway and catcalled on the streets. We have every right to keep our distance until we trust you a little more.

Do you like sports? Join a social sports league. Do you speak French? Do you bike? Find a Meetup group that does those things. What do you like to do? Start doing it. The happier and less anxious you are, the more likely you will attract people of all kinds--including women.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM

109 posts, read 174,560 times
Try online dating. Okcupid.com

Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM

9,313 posts, read 13,839,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
*sigh* why is it so hard to meet [good, decent, respectable] men in NYC...
Same paradox it is anywhere. What women consider good, decent, and respectable behavior doesn't catch their eye, whereas flamboyant displays of machismo does. Either that or the good ones are married and/or gay. Take your choice.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 PM

14,780 posts, read 17,397,072 times
Sorry for to hear your pain op. I had similar problems as you but lately it has been getting better for me. I have to admit there are is alot of dynamics in meeting women in NYC. What I realize about myself that I am a man with no nation however I can easily infiltrate or mimic and imitate a social clique or subculture in order to find some sort of women that are into these cliques. One you need to look at where you fit in society as whole and put yourself in a social clique or subculture categorie. Have you noticed that people with iphones tend to date people with iphones, you need to have chemistry. For example nearly a year a go I saw on the train a ghetto Black girl sit across from a hood Dominican guy, both had one thing in common wearing Air Jordans. The Dominican guy started a conversation about air Jordans with the ghetto black girl and that help bring down her virtual wall. They exchanged numbers. IF this was a clean cut yuppie guy of any race that guy would not get no play from that ghetto girl because of different styles and taste and she would write him off as a cornball unless that ghetto girl is smart and has something to get out of the clean cut well spoken guy $$$$$.

You need to put yourself in a categorie and find women in NYC that way. Also there is gold diggers everywhere, some looking for a new TV or some looking for a new Louis Vutton handbag and some are looking for you to help pay off her tuition from college. For me hood ghetto chicks are easy however I tend to avoid because they tend to have alot of baggage such as baby father drama from multiple fathers and etc, I like yuppie transplant chicks but they are hard to get because they are chasing men with hedge fund and also they prefer to date guys who are like them primarily from out of town. Then you have the big hipster scene, are you into art and 80s music? If so then check that out and see if you cna nail some tail that way. Being goodlooking helps to some extent however when she gets to know your true colors she will then bounce and go to her plan B. Yes there are alot of single women in NYC especially fat and ugly ones however they too get laid, women in NYC have some sort of signficant other. If you wanna meet girls I say check out 7th avenue in the tourist spots, lots of chicks there and also check out union square park aswell as Bryant Park especially with the weather getting warmer. Any way guy goodluck.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 AM

87 posts, read 193,905 times
i had to click on this.....what?!?!?!?!?!!?:th ink:
dude, the very first day i moved to new york i "slept with" the hottest girl from argentina i've ever seen in my life....this is after about a year long dry spell.
i don't go after girls at all, don't ever go out to pick up chicks, etc. i usually have a girlfriend. picking up girls is EASY as he** in nyc.

It just boils down to having a little bit of game, being yourself and making a girl laugh. after that, get a number. end of story.

granted, i'm not dragging home dimes, but strong 8s and 9s....just go hit up a couple chill bar spots and make it casual.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:15 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
I would say if you're financially secure it helps alot in sustaining a longer relationship. My sis is a good example of this, she married a financially secure clean cut guy in 1997 who provided her everything and she in return gave birth to 2 girls and 1 boy for him. In 2011 my sister deciced she had enough and divorced him. All she got from him when she left was a crappy red Fiat 2005 which she sold for $1000. But now she has a new guy who is pretty much the same type as the previous but more social and not so introvert thant her ex hubby, my sis of course moved immediately into his big suburban house, altough the boyfriends demented mother also lives in the house but my sis said that next fall it's best for her and her children that she is being put to a mental asylum, the boyfriend had no objections. I spoke with my sis yesterday and next friday they are getting married! No lie! Well, anyways this time around there is a settlement that in case of divorce she inherits also a great deal of this guy in case of divorce. What I noticed about my sis that her butt is slightly bigger than the last time I met her ( don't get me wrong it's always been shapely and well trimmed though), so my conclusion is that shes pregnant. This new child is her return present to her soon to be hubby who has no own children. All an all I hope my sis is happy and in love. She left everything in form of friends, family and social network behind in NYC and she has not made any new ones in the burbs, out there they are not used to an attractive NYC mulatto chick and the other houswife neighbors are jealous and skeptical. She expressed her feelings by saying sometimes "I feel like I need a manual in how to interact with this ppl."

I hope shes happy now.

This was an example to the OP on how some typical NYC chicks behave and are looking for in the days of collapsing economy and sky high living cost.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-18-2012 at 03:53 AM..

Old 04-18-2012, 03:58 AM

596 posts, read 1,379,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yup.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,137,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
The more women-blaming excuses you [not the OP but all the angry men in this forum] seek to explain why you're not meeting them, the less likely it is you will ever get involved with a woman. That kind of bitterness and misogyny seeps out of you and turns women off. Here's a hint: stop blaming your not being to meet a woman on "golddiggers" or "being too into themselves." If you come off as pissed off at women or misogynistic, you will NEVER get play. Too many angry guys out there. WE'RE the ones who get hassled on the subway and catcalled on the streets. We have every right to keep our distance until we trust you a little more.

Do you like sports? Join a social sports league. Do you speak French? Do you bike? Find a Meetup group that does those things. What do you like to do? Start doing it. The happier and less anxious you are, the more likely you will attract people of all kinds--including women.
Wasn't expecting to see a logical and coherent response, but there it is!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,137,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny2k View Post
I do not get it. I was born here but raised upstate, I am not bad looking, I am 6 foot tall, I have a calm/relaxed/shy demeanor. I am not one to follow trends but I do dress well. My entire family is from the city and is of Irish-Italian descent.

I have noticed where I used to live I had a much easier time. Is it just me or is NY a tough place to meet women?
What do you do when you approach a woman? If there's list of criteria you look for when dating, do you fit those qualities yourself?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 AM

457 posts, read 510,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny2k View Post
I do not get it. I was born here but raised upstate, I am not bad looking, I am 6 foot tall, I have a calm/relaxed/shy demeanor. I am not one to follow trends but I do dress well. My entire family is from the city and is of Irish-Italian descent.

I have noticed where I used to live I had a much easier time. Is it just me or is NY a tough place to meet women?
The shy demeanor will prevent you from meeting girls. Especially in this city, where there are a lot of guys that don't have a shy demeanor and cat-call, pick up, harass, etc girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City