U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 05:04 AM

6,909 posts, read 9,028,891 times

Advertisements

/\/\

Have you been following the posts of the men in this thread? Most are expecting a minimum level of physical attractiveness.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 05:16 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
A friend of mine has a girlfriend who is very low-class. Her apt looks like a mess and she suppresses her feminity, no make up, ever. They only meet on weekends. I said to him: think about all the money you have wasted on her (especially big meals) just to get laid. Why not spend it on a classy prostitute once a week instead?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 AM

842 posts, read 878,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Its more of a plain Jane type women looking for men that are out of their leagues here in this city, especially plain Jane Transplantish type women. For highly desirable men Plain Jane's would be an easily lay and also easy to string along no matter what happens.
Yup! I don't think most of NYC womens' problems are finding someone...I think it's finding someone who will most likely be wanted by 90% of the other women in NYC. The rest of us are considered undateable by the majority. Even transplanted plain Janes act like their **** don't stink.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 PM

69 posts, read 137,958 times
First off, try volunteering or church: two great ways to meet women. But if you're really tired of being single, I highly recommend dating websites.

Didn't read the whole post, but just adding my two cents. I'm 27, a fairly average looking guy, 5'9'', white, average-paying office job. I've gone on dates with tons of women from Match and OKC over the last couple months, and I am now dating a really great girl from Match. I think that Match is a phenomenal site (especially for guys in their late 20s and up, though not so much for guys in early-mid 20s), and I think that OKCupid is really solid as well (and has tons more women in their early and mid-20s) (the biggest weakness of OKC is that, in my opinion, women receive so many more emails on there than they do on a paid site like Match, so you're less likely to get a reply).

First, remember that, in general, men have more success with a woman a couple years younger (women can really date anyone: older, younger, same age). Having said that, here's the fundamental mistake that men make on dating websites: Attractive women receive 5x as many emails as average looking women. Men simply don't understand this. As such visual creatures, they're so drawn to attractive women that they complete ignore average-decent looking women. If you make a concerted effort to contacts women in the "average" range, you'll get lots of replies, lots of dates, likely a girlfriend, and all in all be a happier person. If you really want to find success on online dating, be prepared to treat it like a job search and contact TONS of women. Don't feel weird about contacting 100+ women a week. Don't feel bad about getting only a 5-10% response rate (even average looking women on OKC get at least 10 messages a day). Keep ALL initial messages to 4 sentences. There's an insane amount of intelligent, good-hearted, decent-looking, average-income women in their mid-20s in NYC dying for a relationship, and tired of being treated like crap by good-looking/high-income guys. Be a nice guy, give these women attention and treat them well, and you really should be able to land a relationship within a couple months.

Any Qs?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:34 PM

3,445 posts, read 4,825,308 times
Stop making sense.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM

483 posts, read 702,647 times
IMO nothing beats walkin right up to attractive NYC female & havin nice convo that leads to exchangin each others' info. Venue makes no difference: training class, lounge, store, or MTA.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:01 PM

14,778 posts, read 17,397,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
A friend of mine has a girlfriend who is very low-class. Her apt looks like a mess and she suppresses her feminity, no make up, ever. They only meet on weekends. I said to him: think about all the money you have wasted on her (especially big meals) just to get laid. Why not spend it on a classy prostitute once a week instead?

It is a huge money saver, believe me! I tell guys this if they want to improve chances with being with women and it also helps boost up your ego as well.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:49 PM

48 posts, read 106,961 times
My 21st birthday is this thursday =)

Old 05-14-2013, 07:04 PM

842 posts, read 878,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping322 View Post
First off, try volunteering or church: two great ways to meet women. But if you're really tired of being single, I highly recommend dating websites.

Didn't read the whole post, but just adding my two cents. I'm 27, a fairly average looking guy, 5'9'', white, average-paying office job. I've gone on dates with tons of women from Match and OKC over the last couple months, and I am now dating a really great girl from Match. I think that Match is a phenomenal site (especially for guys in their late 20s and up, though not so much for guys in early-mid 20s), and I think that OKCupid is really solid as well (and has tons more women in their early and mid-20s) (the biggest weakness of OKC is that, in my opinion, women receive so many more emails on there than they do on a paid site like Match, so you're less likely to get a reply).

First, remember that, in general, men have more success with a woman a couple years younger (women can really date anyone: older, younger, same age). Having said that, here's the fundamental mistake that men make on dating websites: Attractive women receive 5x as many emails as average looking women. Men simply don't understand this. As such visual creatures, they're so drawn to attractive women that they complete ignore average-decent looking women. If you make a concerted effort to contacts women in the "average" range, you'll get lots of replies, lots of dates, likely a girlfriend, and all in all be a happier person. If you really want to find success on online dating, be prepared to treat it like a job search and contact TONS of women. Don't feel weird about contacting 100+ women a week. Don't feel bad about getting only a 5-10% response rate (even average looking women on OKC get at least 10 messages a day). Keep ALL initial messages to 4 sentences. There's an insane amount of intelligent, good-hearted, decent-looking, average-income women in their mid-20s in NYC dying for a relationship, and tired of being treated like crap by good-looking/high-income guys. Be a nice guy, give these women attention and treat them well, and you really should be able to land a relationship within a couple months.

Any Qs?
You have to understand that not everybody is going to have the same experiences as you. It's not that cut and dry. To be completely honest, since you're an average white man (average looking/average height), I think the odds are already in your favor. As un-PC as it may sound, many women of most races in our city simply refuse to date people of color (especially blacks). No I don't have any statistics to back my point, but I say this as a former paying member of Match who has never even had a response on that site. One thing I liked about Match is that it shows what the women are looking for, such as race, height, body type, etc. When about 98% of the women you look at says they're solely looking for "White/Caucasian" or "White/Caucasian, Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, etc." (basically anything but black), you know you're going to have a difficult time getting a date let alone finding a relationship. Plenty of Fish even has a lot of women proclaiming "Caucasian men only." Don't get me started on OKC lol. Being 5'3" doesn't help either.

Now, yes, I've had dates from other sites, but just getting ONE is difficult for a guy like me. I've done what you said above: I tend to write women on the below average to average scale and it's still difficult to even get a response. I even once wrote a message to a girl many might consider unattractive and her EXACT response was "I don't date black men."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfmade92 View Post
My 21st birthday is this thursday =)
Happy early b-day!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM

3,333 posts, read 3,280,911 times
I don't quite understand the complaints from other dudes regarding women in NYC.

The game is pretty straightforward.

If you want to catch a quality girl in NYC (i.e. a girl who has her **** together) then you must have your **** together. It really is that simple. If you do have your **** together and still can't find a quality girl then there's something wrong on your end. It almost always involves not putting oneself into the right situations. Or not giving enough women that do show interest a chance because they're not supermodels.

You can't work a 30k job and expect to catch a quality girl. There are too many other quality dudes in NYC that she can choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City