U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 PM

48 posts, read 106,961 times

Advertisements

well its only in NYC like that that girls are so materialistic, where im from money isnt really that important, nor is having a car or house
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM

14,779 posts, read 17,397,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I don't quite understand the complaints from other dudes regarding women in NYC.

The game is pretty straightforward.

If you want to catch a quality girl in NYC (i.e. a girl who has her **** together) then you must have your **** together. It really is that simple. If you do have your **** together and still can't find a quality girl then there's something wrong on your end. It almost always involves not putting oneself into the right situations. Or not giving enough women that do show interest a chance because they're not supermodels.

You can't work a 30k job and expect to catch a quality girl. There are too many other quality dudes in NYC that she can choose from.
In this city its either you have biology or economics or both. Plenty of women do not have their **** together, even though plenty of women are educated finishing college or what not, look at all that debt they accumulated over the years with a ruined credit score that hinders home purchases, car purchases and delaying family, and of course they are not going to date a guy who makes less than 60k a year. DO you consider a woman with a one or two kids out of wedlock having her **** together? Me I don't, its another case of irresponsibility, very common in most Bronx and Brooklyn hoods btw. Regardless a woman who does not have her act together will still wants a man who has his act together unless there is some sort of trade of like wow he is an amazing personality like an artist or guitarist or well wait a min he is very handsome! You know how many women running amok in NYC assuming they are quality? A lot, but when you search through, some of these women are already damaged goods to some extent, but hey ones mans garbage is another mans treasure at the end of the day.

I don't think there are too many quality dudes out there in NYC. Quality Dudes is a very subjective meaning like in much of the South Bronx and most of Central and East Brooklyn, a quality dude is a man that wears Air Jordans and baseball caps, drives a car, in Williamsburg a Quality man might be an artist, or barista with an Liberal Arts degree, in Chelsea a Quality man might be someone with an Ivy League degree with an 6 figure salary. While in places like Bay Ridge, Cambria Heights Queens and Morris Park a Quality Man is a man who works for the city and has a CUNY degree. As for an actual Quality Dude, those are the top tier men that quality women and to a lesser extent non quality women fight for because they are limited here in NYC. Plenty of guys like that get a lot of tail and their is no need for them to be in relationships because quality man has a string of women lined up to sleep with while some of the women's assume that they are in some sort of relationship with a Quality Dude but they really aren't.

If a man in NYC is working 30k a year expect to meet a woman between 30-45 years with 3 kids at most, probably broke too , either holding job or receiving welfare benefits and maybe out of shape in some sort of proportion. If you make 30k a year and your an average Joe you will get women I just described but if you have good looks or an amazing personality you might just land a quality woman who may want to challenge, control and change you drama for the better but that fails too in the long run of things. As a New Yorker thank goodness I remained single, I would have been getting my check eaten alive by Alimony or child support payments.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-19-2013 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: removed orphaned comment

Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 AM

3,333 posts, read 3,280,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Thank you for that link.

In this city its either you have biology or economics or both. Plenty of women do not have their **** together, even though plenty of women are educated finishing college or what not, look at all that debt they accumulated over the years with a ruined credit score that hinders home purchases, car purchases and delaying family, and of course they are not going to date a guy who makes less than 60k a year. DO you consider a woman with a one or two kids out of wedlock having her **** together? Me I don't, its another case of irresponsibility, very common in most Bronx and Brooklyn hoods btw. Regardless a woman who does not have her act together will still wants a man who has his act together unless there is some sort of trade of like wow he is an amazing personality like an artist or guitarist or well wait a min he is very handsome! You know how many women running amok in NYC assuming they are quality? A lot, but when you search through, some of these women are already damaged goods to some extent, but hey ones mans garbage is another mans treasure at the end of the day.

I don't think there are too many quality dudes out there in NYC. Quality Dudes is a very subjective meaning like in much of the South Bronx and most of Central and East Brooklyn, a quality dude is a man that wears Air Jordans and baseball caps, drives a car, in Williamsburg a Quality man might be an artist, or barista with an Liberal Arts degree, in Chelsea a Quality man might be someone with an Ivy League degree with an 6 figure salary. While in places like Bay Ridge, Cambria Heights Queens and Morris Park a Quality Man is a man who works for the city and has a CUNY degree. As for an actual Quality Dude, those are the top tier men that quality women and to a lesser extent non quality women fight for because they are limited here in NYC. Plenty of guys like that get a lot of tail and their is no need for them to be in relationships because quality man has a string of women lined up to sleep with while some of the women's assume that they are in some sort of relationship with a Quality Dude but they really aren't.

If a man in NYC is working 30k a year expect to meet a woman between 30-45 years with 3 kids at most, probably broke too , either holding job or receiving welfare benefits and maybe out of shape in some sort of proportion. If you make 30k a year and your an average Joe you will get women I just described but if you have good looks or an amazing personality you might just land a quality woman who may want to challenge, control and change you drama for the better but that fails too in the long run of things. As a New Yorker thank goodness I remained single, I would have been getting my check eaten alive by Alimony or child support payments.
If you don't think there are plenty of quality dudes in NYC then you're lying to yourself.

NYC has a lot of ****ty jobs but it also has loads of good ones. Everything from blue collar union workers to City workers to professionals.

For example, some young dude that looks like a moron (maybe even he is lol) that works for Con Ed/ National Grid/ Verizon? Well he's union probably making about 50k base + overtime + union perks /benefits + has great job stability. Or that young dude working as an MTA bus driver. Simple job right? Well he's making decent money too with great benefits. Compare him to some dude working retail or some warehouse job for 15/hr. No comparison.

It's simple supply and demand. Why would a quality woman go out with a guy who doesn't have much going for him? Relationships aren't charity cases. They have to be mutually beneficial to work.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:48 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
Quote:
I don't quite understand the complaints from other dudes regarding women in NYC.

The game is pretty straightforward.

If you want to catch a quality girl in NYC (i.e. a girl who has her **** together) then you must have your **** together. It really is that simple. If you do have your **** together and still can't find a quality girl then there's something wrong on your end. It almost always involves not putting oneself into the right situations. Or not giving enough women that do show interest a chance because they're not supermodels.

You can't work a 30k job and expect to catch a quality girl. There are too many other quality dudes in NYC that she can choose from.
When it comes to sex quality girls don't care how much money you make as long as you turn them on. But catching a quality girl for a long term relationship working a 30k job is difficult.

You have probably heard the stories about married upper-class females who just can't resist a good looking sweaty auto-mechanic with greasy fingers and tattoos.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:18 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,062,796 times
funny thing about men and women is
if you don't really like each other
mutually, one of you is going to get
tired and break the other one's heart.

all the money and status means nothing
without the love, passion and romance.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 PM

706 posts, read 820,478 times
The best way to meet women is NOT to look for them. IMO, work on yourself and everything else will fall into place.

Make sure that your body, mind and spirit are healthy. Make sure that your career/salary is moving upwards not standing still or going downwards. Make sure you have no to little debt. Make sure you explore the world. Make sure that you learn and develop new hobby.

Putting your D into a V is fun but there is a lot more to life than that action.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
If you don't think there are plenty of quality dudes in NYC then you're lying to yourself.

NYC has a lot of ****ty jobs but it also has loads of good ones. Everything from blue collar union workers to City workers to professionals.

For example, some young dude that looks like a moron (maybe even he is lol) that works for Con Ed/ National Grid/ Verizon? Well he's union probably making about 50k base + overtime + union perks /benefits + has great job stability. Or that young dude working as an MTA bus driver. Simple job right? Well he's making decent money too with great benefits. Compare him to some dude working retail or some warehouse job for 15/hr. No comparison.

It's simple supply and demand. Why would a quality woman go out with a guy who doesn't have much going for him? Relationships aren't charity cases. They have to be mutually beneficial to work.
There are quality men around but it depends on the woman who views what is quality to them and what is not. Example, I work, decent job, investment accounts, college graduate, no debts, never been to jail or prison, and good credit score, 6 foot 2,and no kids that I know of, however does that make me a quality guy for most women in the South Bronx, Harlem, Washington Heights Crown Heights, no because I don't rock ghetto swag, or no into certain ethnic subcultural styles! How about Tribeca, Chelsea, or any other hip and gentry areas does my qualities make me quality man? No because I don't make a 6 figure salary, or because I live uptown, or how about Williamsburg Brooklyn or East Village? Nope. Quality woman depending on her age would go out with a guy who is broke however their has to be a trade off like is he a musician, actor, or he is just handsome, but then again women go through changes and happiness turns into anger when you can not book a trip Costa Rica for Vacation, or buy her a 500 dollar Louis Vuitton Handbag which cost more than your weekly check. Generally women do change a bit and happiness will turn into anger and disappointment in the long run. Its not cool dating a chick with kids that are not yours and even worse when the baby father is still around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
When it comes to sex quality girls don't care how much money you make as long as you turn them on. But catching a quality girl for a long term relationship working a 30k job is difficult.

You have probably heard the stories about married upper-class females who just can't resist a good looking sweaty auto-mechanic with greasy fingers and tattoos.
This is generally true, from my observation to some extent especially for women in their twenties. As you as you turn them on and they desire you its all good because of your physique, she makes her own money and can support herself for the time buying until the baby comes around. When women reach their late twenties and early thirties the game has changed upon them. In matter a fact I heard a similar story of an buddy of mines who told me about some lady in MIdtown is tired of marriage and she no longer is attracted to her husband, she is only with him for raising the kids.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:48 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,062,796 times
many young women wait too long for prince charming to
never arrive, because they're so naiive about how fast
time flies. it's really a shame, when they could be spending
all that time making one of those many men they've dated
happy, but they don't want him. they always want someone
better, but he really does not even exist, except for a tiny
fraction of them. now you're too old to get a young prince,
but you still want one lol. you had your chance and blew it.
get an older guy now and put a smile on his face, if he will
take you.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM

27,611 posts, read 24,787,463 times
Become a DJ.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Become a DJ.
Or a Mixologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City