U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 PM

5,473 posts, read 9,200,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
There are quality men around but it depends on the woman who views what is quality to them and what is not. Example, I work, decent job, investment accounts, college graduate, no debts, never been to jail or prison, and good credit score, 6 foot 2,and no kids that I know of, however does that make me a quality guy for most women in the South Bronx, Harlem, Washington Heights Crown Heights, no because I don't rock ghetto swag, or no into certain ethnic subcultural styles! How about Tribeca, Chelsea, or any other hip and gentry areas does my qualities make me quality man? No because I don't make a 6 figure salary, or because I live uptown, or how about Williamsburg Brooklyn or East Village? Nope. Quality woman depending on her age would go out with a guy who is broke however their has to be a trade off like is he a musician, actor, or he is just handsome, but then again women go through changes and happiness turns into anger when you can not book a trip Costa Rica for Vacation, or buy her a 500 dollar Louis Vuitton Handbag which cost more than your weekly check. Generally women do change a bit and happiness will turn into anger and disappointment in the long run. Its not cool dating a chick with kids that are not yours and even worse when the baby father is still around!

This is generally true, from my observation to some extent especially for women in their twenties. As you as you turn them on and they desire you its all good because of your physique, she makes her own money and can support herself for the time buying until the baby comes around. When women reach their late twenties and early thirties the game has changed upon them. In matter a fact I heard a similar story of an buddy of mines who told me about some lady in MIdtown is tired of marriage and she no longer is attracted to her husband, she is only with him for raising the kids.
Many women especially in affluent families sacrifices their own happiness to ensure that the children are brought up financially secure and to spare them from the trauma that divorce can cause. That's mother instinct in its finest and purest form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 02:11 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,437,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Many women especially in affluent families sacrifices their own happiness to ensure that the children are brought up financially secure and to spare them from the trauma that divorce can cause. That's mother instinct in its finest and purest form.
This is true, sad thing is that when she leaves a guy for another who is finically better at providing for a family. I have seen this countless times out here on the streets of Mott Haven. 2 kids with one dude, badboy cute guy who can not support a family or locked up in prison, bounce on him and go to average Joe who is a provider. In matter of a fact I had a lady that I know near my job who lives near me, she wanted to set me up with her daughter, her daughter is bad nice Puerto Rican chick, fat butt, nice chest, she a freak too, but also mother with two kids. I could not do it. Any way her daughter found a new man who is not physically redeeming, who provides her an apartment for him, her, and her two kids, plus one on the way.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:36 PM

902 posts, read 1,974,345 times
Prostitutes? Really?:conf used:

Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,785,768 times
NYC women always had a reputation for being the hardest to pick up...

Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM

91 posts, read 131,858 times
So then how is it that NYC usually ranks up at the top for the best place to live for a single guy. Some say there are hundreds of thousands more single women than men. Sure, if you are trying to hook up with nothing but dimes, but 6,7,8s, is it that hard?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM

390 posts, read 1,050,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolas70degrees View Post
So then how is it that NYC usually ranks up at the top for the best place to live for a single guy. Some say there are hundreds of thousands more single women than men. Sure, if you are trying to hook up with nothing but dimes, but 6,7,8s, is it that hard?
There's more people, but that just mean's they have the pick of the litter. With so many options people get more picky. Everyone is disposable. I found dating and hooking up easier in LA.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:39 AM

34 posts, read 53,528 times
join okcupid!

Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,437,255 times
Quote:
I think two or three years ago Mens magazine rated NYC as the number one city for single men because of professional jobs, things to do, sports teams and for dating. Yes there are 200,000 more single women than men in NYC however that makes it much more harder. Hooking up with dimes and models do not do any justice unless one if a fellow has money and or maybe a nice whip dimes and models will go for the ride. Average women in NYC that are difficult and many have high inflated egos and only deserve the best, very irrational. THen you have women who have damage and baggage like divorced women, single moms looking for a suitable mate for her and her offsprings from another man. A man has to do a lot of soul searching knowing if he wants to take a leap of faith with women in this city who can be emotionally unstable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
There's more people, but that just mean's they have the pick of the litter. With so many options people get more picky. Everyone is disposable. I found dating and hooking up easier in LA.

That's the kicker, in NYC there is too much variety which can be a could good thing for guys, but as well as a bad thing. Once you have two much variety there is more women to go around with and spread your seeds amongst them, on the flip side it becomes extremely difficult to narrow down on what you want in a woman and whether or not If you want to go exclusive, and like you said pick through the litter. As for women they know that there are more single women than men however since this is the case, women know that men are limited here in NYC especially in the professional scene and poor ghetto neighborhoods headed by a single moms, women tend to go for the same type of guy that everyone wants and shun the guys who can be a better mate and or provider in the long run. I have a buddy who moved from LA to NYC which is a big mistake for him, and he told me about all is dating stories, LA is much better, its 1 to 1 out there compared to NYC where its 3 guys to every 5 women but it doesn't mean all 3 guys will get a woman.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:06 PM

1,745 posts, read 2,032,782 times
I think there are decent women out there if you look hard enough. This is all a little far-fetched. The problem in this city, for both women AND men, is that they often try for things unrealistic for themselves. I am a good looking girl but I am not a model. I always have dates and have met a lot of nice guys. But the success I've had is with middle class men, not Wall Street dudes. You have to keep giving yourself a constant reality check.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:09 AM

842 posts, read 879,283 times
Quote:
Why is it difficult to believe that dating will be harder for some than others due to lack of looks, social status, popularity, etc? The single 6,7,8 women are usually vying for attention from the same 8,9 and 10 men. For me, messaging about 100 women in the NYC area on OKCupid will probably get me 3-5 messages back. I barely get a hello from women when I'm out and about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City