U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 06:12 PM

842 posts, read 879,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedaisy917 View Post
I don't believe its hard to meet women in nyc. There are plenty of us out here! Where do you go to meet women? Maybe you're not approaching them the right way?
I think it all depends on stats. When you're short (and, in some cases, black) like me, it's much more difficult. We don't have the same acclaim as our taller, lighter skinned brethren. Furthermore, there's nothing in the rule book stating that women can't approach. I barely ever get approached.

I've been to various bars/clubs in my life. While I have talked to some women here and there, I've never actually picked anyone up. Such places I've been to are a few frat bars, some ghetto bars and many hipster bars...I'm mainly ignored in all of such places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
i believe you and eastboundchick misunderstood the meaning of "it's a numbers game". It's a numbers game as a man will be rejected several times before he finds a lady that will accept his advances. Hence, a man has to flirt/approach several ladies before he finds one that is willing to give him a chance. There is no rank or value involve.

Condoms can break with any type of woman so your comment about playing Russian roulette is mute.
Thank you. Apparently logic is not a strong point on this forum.

BTW I'd rather be sexless for the rest of my life than hook up with a prostitute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 06:18 PM

902 posts, read 1,974,048 times
Quote:
i believe you and eastboundchick misunderstood the meaning of "it's a numbers game". It's a numbers game as a man will be rejected several times before he finds a lady that will accept his advances. Hence, a man has to flirt/approach several ladies before he finds one that is willing to give him a chance. There is no rank or value involve.

Condoms can break with any type of woman so your comment about playing Russian roulette is mute.
You speak of a numbers game but think it's "mute", it's moot btw, what do you think it is with a prostitute? Prostitutes are more likely to carry communicable diseases. Yes, I know others can carry sexual diseases also but why go to anyone where your percentage is raised?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:18 PM

6,840 posts, read 4,439,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
I think it all depends on stats. When you're short (and, in some cases, black) like me, it's much more difficult. We don't have the same acclaim as our taller, lighter skinned brethren. Furthermore, there's nothing in the rule book stating that women can't approach. I barely ever get approached.

I've been to various bars/clubs in my life. While I have talked to some women here and there, I've never actually picked anyone up. Such places I've been to are a few frat bars, some ghetto bars and many hipster bars...I'm mainly ignored in all of such places.
Sorry to hear that bro. If i were you i would concentrate on yourself. Career, Health, and Life

I am putting ladies on the back-burner. If i have one cool, if not then that's cool too. I am trying to climb the corporate ladder, pay off my student loans, working on my physique, and traveling abroad. I been to Hawaii, Rio de Janeiro, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and a couple of states in the USA. I am planning on visiting Australia, Japan, and Europe.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear that bro. If i were you i would concentrate on yourself. Career, Health, and Life

I am putting ladies on the back-burner. If i have one cool, if not then that's cool too. I am trying to climb the corporate ladder, pay off my student loans, working on my physique, and traveling abroad. I been to Hawaii, Rio de Janeiro, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and a couple of states in the USA. I am planning on visiting Australia, Japan, and Europe.
It's tough. I've done plenty of things by myself and it just gets old after a while. The most fun I've ever had was when I had a few SO for however short amount of time I was with them. I'm coming to terms that I just might be alone for the rest of my life. To be honest, it sometimes makes me not care about myself.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
You speak of a numbers game but think it's "mute", it's moot btw, what do you think it is with a prostitute? Prostitutes are more likely to carry communicable diseases. Yes, I know others can carry sexual diseases also but why go to anyone where your percentage is raised?
why are you bringing up prostitutes?? We are talking about a man approaching several ladies until he finds one that accepts his advances. You can get a STD for any person whether or not they work in the adult industry.

Why do marry men, men in relationships, etc visit prostitutes, strip clubs, etc?? Why do young ladies at NYU, Columbia U are advertising themselves as "sugar babies"??? More NYU and Columbia female students or 'sugar babies' are seeking 'sugar daddies' to pay for rising school costs - NY Daily News

They all have their reasons. I am not advocating those practices but i will not judge someone who partakes in them. In the end, all humans seek and want love/companionship. If that is the only way that they can have it so be it.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:33 PM

902 posts, read 1,974,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post

Thank you. Apparently logic is not a strong point on this forum.

BTW I'd rather be sexless for the rest of my life than hook up with a prostitute.
Look, there were some in this thread that rated women by a number.

What if we rated you by your height? Or lack thereof.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:

LOL. Like females don't do the same with men. (money, career, physical appearance, personality, etc) Men and women are one in the same the only difference is the sexual organ.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:

I know that. That doesn't mean I partake in treating women like they aren't human beings (since you agreed with EastboundandDownChick's assumption that I do). I was merely making a point earlier that many women of all types of attractions usually go for the "hottest" guys. In hindsight, I shouldn't have used numbers as I was only trying to dispute this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolas70degrees View Post
So then how is it that NYC usually ranks up at the top for the best place to live for a single guy. Some say there are hundreds of thousands more single women than men. Sure, if you are trying to hook up with nothing but dimes, but 6,7,8s, is it that hard?
...since I don't look at women as numbers. BTW, I get rated by height all the time by women. Your point? Stop making it seem like women are so innocent while we're all bad guys.

In addition, if you've (or EBaDC) ever read any of my other posts, I've said a few times that I love various women, including those overweight. It takes very little for me to be physically attracted to a woman...even as little as just a nice smile.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:18 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,073,035 times
Ever been to queens?

Old 05-19-2013, 08:28 PM

14,864 posts, read 17,430,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOGG View Post
Try Williamsburg. The girls there are very pretty and many are down to Earth, Oklahoma or some other far away place, types.Still fresh and unjaded. I'm exploring the Bedford Av scene and am very enthused with the female offerings there.
This is very true, if one wants a Transplant woman he needs to scoop her up fresh off a plane from LGA or a bus from Port Authority or off the train from Penn Station. All it takes is for Transplant women is to meet up with friends in her new nabe and her friends will teach her the ropes about NYC and dating from their perspective. Transplant women get jaded very quickly and will stick to their people when locals do something wrong to them or treated in a certain way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedaisy917 View Post
I don't believe its hard to meet women in nyc. There are plenty of us out here! Where do you go to meet women? Maybe you're not approaching them the right way?
No its not hard, its relatively easy, it all depends on your locale or venue which you are partying at or in a place of intelligentsia like Union Square. Getting her number is the first step but getting to first base and scoring to home is a different categorie in its book because plenty of other men are also trying to bat up and take a swing at her. Every year I delete about 20 numbers of females which I get because they either flacked, or I was just not interested or live too far away.

Quote:
Right.

Or thinking it's better to frequent prostitutes than spend money on a girlfriend.

So in essense a woman is no more than a sex slave.

You guys that subscribe to this, see how much you save when you have to buy AIDs medicine. And don't hand no crap like "I wear a condom." condoms break! You're playing Russian roulette with your body.
It comes with the territory. Here in NYC it already has the highest rates of std in the country. What is it 1/4 New YORKERS have herpes strain 2 and the vast majority have strain 1 which is very common to have. Manhattan have more HIV than EU states such as Greece or Portugal. A man is more likely to catch an STD from a random woman he meets and having sex with her with no protection compared to sleeping with a sex worker who uses protection. Historically NYC is always known for high stds.

Quote:

It is a numbers game, a man must hit on ten different woman to at least try to land one. Their is a good chance he will be rejected. A woman picks to be with a guy and not the other way around in this city. As a New Yorker a man must know and feel rejection the very same way how women must learn to deal with a broken heart. Rejection is part of life and it only makes you stronger.

Quote:

I agree with you, if a man is still single, try to improve yourself, invest in money, finish college, learn a trade, travel, loose weight. Women like to hear about where you traveled

Quote:
LOL. Like females don't do the same with men. (money, career, physical appearance, personality, etc) Men and women are one in the same the only difference is the sexual organ.
The thing is that with men to some extent we care about physical looks, however a man will still settle. For women its completely different, a woman will overlook a mans short coming with finances unless if he is attractive or has an amazing personality, hell they wont even mind having a baby for men like that. A couple of months ago I was talking to a 35 year old Polish American woman, we used to converse back and forth, however she was finishing up her masters degree which made it extremely difficult to get in contact with her, and no she was serious about it, we even met up at the highline, however I did not find her physically appealing, but she seemed cool and she had no kids. For her, she liked that I was tall, decent physical appearance, personality education background but she did not mind lack money even though my finances are good and she did not take physical appearance into account like majority of women here in NYC do. There are some women here in this city that wants a man that is tall, handsome, advanced college degree, making 6 figure salary, luxury car depending if she is a local woman, nice pad in the city or gentry areas depending on if she is a Transplant, no kids. Some women will search through certain criteria's when looking for a man in this city which can be a good thing or a bad thing, if your fat or short, you better be making a lot of money!

One thing is that I have noticed that women have not responded on this thread that much because they know that what the men have been complaining about is true or complete BS.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-19-2013 at 08:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City