U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM

14,878 posts, read 17,443,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Man I don't know where in NYC you are, but from what I can see there are simply TOO many gorgeous women. I'm engaged and love my woman more than anything, but I have to say that the temptation is hard. When ever my friends and I go out around East Village, 14 th st, and anywhere lower Manhattan I feel the fuking poltergeist because my head is spinning everywhere. And to make things worse, it seems like the women here have the uncanny ability to sense when you're taken and they go even harder after you. Half the time that I'm out I need one of those squirt bottles to keep my mouth from drying out. If anything, NYCs problem is that they have TOO MANY choices.
Yeah to much varierty of women in NYC that makes thing really difficult to pick a ripe chick. This is also a big problem for some including me as well. 14 street is a good example of a whole bunch of good looking chicks walking amok around that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:50 PM

5,075 posts, read 5,423,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Yeah to much varierty of women in NYC that makes thing really difficult to pick a ripe chick. This is also a big problem for some including me as well. 14 street is a good example of a whole bunch of good looking chicks walking amok around that area.
Yeah honestly a guy's best buy bet is to meet a woman here and move lol. Grab and go--because I even have a hard time not noticing women when I'm with my fiance out in Soho. I even pointed it out to her--the ratio of men to women down there has to be something like 7-1.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:59 PM

Also guys you need to understand that women in NYC don't remain exclusive to only one guy. There is a good chance that a your girlfriend can be some guys lady friend who does some NSA or FWB type of things, she may already have her deck of cards lined up on who to date next incase her relationship comes to an halt. You can be dating one woman during a the afternoon and she may very well have another date that very evening with someone else. This is what I realized with women here in NYC.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:19 PM

460 posts, read 512,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny2k View Post
Is it just me or is NY a tough place to meet women?
It's not just you. Men are at fault here, however. There are too many loser/desperate types and too many punk/douchebag types and they both hit on women constantly and women get numbed by it all and stop taking men as a whole seriously. Other cities I've lived in where there aren't such populations of losers and punks don't have this problem. Do all the men posting here have any idea of the kind of guys who are constantly hitting on women here? It's absolutely pathetic. When I started seeing this my faith in my sex was severely shaken - I won't deny it.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:25 PM

87 posts, read 194,193 times
it's gotta be the way you dress or something. i don't get it. like i said, NYC is the place to find women. They are everywhere and I've never seen so many hot brawds in my entire life. And again, i'm not tooting my own horn here at all, i don't have money, i wear the same jeans a few days in a row...but I feel like I could just walk into a store, a restaurant, a bar, the metro, etc. and if i wanted to i could get a number and a date. I've done it multiple times. I don't get it, i really don't. It's gotta be your appearance. I'm not saying youre ugly, i've never seen you, but if i can do it - you should be able to do it. Heck, one of the reasons why I LOVE NYC is because of the plethora of women.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM

I found this to be very true on the gothamist

Ladies, You're Just A Cell On A Dude's Dating Spreadsheet: Gothamist

Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 PM

5,023 posts, read 4,565,571 times
Honestly, I think that NYC attracts people of both genders who are single by choice, and not really into serious relationships, at least not until they are older. Part of the reason is because NYC tends to attract people of both genders who prioritize their career over family life.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 AM

2,151 posts, read 2,641,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityinfonow View Post
it's gotta be the way you dress or something. i don't get it. like i said, NYC is the place to find women. They are everywhere and I've never seen so many hot brawds in my entire life. And again, i'm not tooting my own horn here at all, i don't have money, i wear the same jeans a few days in a row...but I feel like I could just walk into a store, a restaurant, a bar, the metro, etc. and if i wanted to i could get a number and a date. I've done it multiple times. I don't get it, i really don't. It's gotta be your appearance. I'm not saying youre ugly, i've never seen you, but if i can do it - you should be able to do it. Heck, one of the reasons why I LOVE NYC is because of the plethora of women.

you sound awesome bro

Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 AM

8,016 posts, read 9,076,906 times
wow! guys who don't get girls could never
really understand guys who do, and guys
who keep girls would never understand
guys who are rejected, unless it happens
to them.
women want to be used, so they can use you.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM

457 posts, read 511,784 times
Default Why is it so hard to meet women in NYC?

Remember folks; The human 1/3 rule is that 1/3 of the people you meet will hate you, 1/3 of the people you meet will like you and the other 1/3 will be indifferent towards you. Now, let's get to the ladies!!!

This city is 8.2 million strong + 40 million annual tourist + worker bees on NJ, NYS and CT = A lot of competition, a lot of options, a lot of drama! An average looking babe will get catcalled, harassed, name-called, etc like 5 to 18 x in a day. Now imagine a hot babe, a supermodel, etc.

Our society has changed the rules of courtship. A lot of factors play a big factor in attaining a mate. Appearance, Education, Finances, Personality, Social Status, and Future potential.

NYC is a dog eat dog metropolis so if you don't have your A game then someone else will take your place and this relates to your job, potential mate, apt, etc.

Also, remember that dating is a #s game so you have to put yourself out there a lot. The good thing about NYC is that there is so many people (8.2 million+ + 40 million annual tourist, etc) so you have a lot of opportunities. Don't take it personally and remember the 1/3 rule in relations to humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City