U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 12:18 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,076,906 times

Advertisements

- that new yorkers never leave the city,
so they don't know about other places.

- that new yorkers can't work with their hands.

- that new yorkers have no common sense.

- that all new yorkers are spoiled.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 12:21 PM

106 posts, read 307,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
- that new yorkers never leave the city,
so they don't know about other places.

- that new yorkers can't work with their hands.

- that new yorkers have no common sense.

- that all new yorkers are spoiled.
Where did all these come from? I've never heard of these ever.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,935,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Looking at how the city voted for one presidential race isn't the way to gauge whose republican or democrat but thank you for deciding the entire cities political stance based on one election... Again we are seeing the intelligence of posters in full display on these threads recently...
Sorry Anon1 but you wanted to be an smart-ass and when people point out that you're wrong, you take the ad-hominem route, claiming that other people are 'dumb' for presenting facts. how ironic is that?

NYC has been a very liberal city for a loooooong time.

FACT: New York City has not been carried by a Republican in a statewide or presidential election since 1924.

New York City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,076,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody69 View Post
Where did all these come from? I've never heard of these ever.

people from other places lol..
sounds ridiculous, right?

Old 04-19-2012, 12:31 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,737,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Sorry but 1 - (ALL NYers are Liberals) & 2 - (There are no middle class areas left in the city) are true.
No where in my post did I say NYC wasn't majority democrat/liberal... My comment was in reference to this statement that spoke about ALL... The 08' election was an election that even Black republicans came to support Obama so to use that as your source is pretty pathetic... And even when you look at the link posted in Staten Island a good portion of it is dark red and there are section in Queens that were dark red and the ones that were light blue meant a 50/50 split (not exactly domination by any means and there were alot of them in that link)...

But once again, you cannot win a debate with someone who is unwilling to compromise or unreasonable so I will leave you to your arguments and you can have a nice day...

Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
No where in my post did I say NYC wasn't majority democrat/liberal... My comment was in reference to this statement that spoke about ALL... The 08' election was an election that even Black republicans came to support Obama so to use that as your source is pretty pathetic... And even when you look at the link posted in Staten Island a good portion of it is dark red and there are section in Queens that were dark red and the ones that were light blue meant a 50/50 split (not exactly domination by any means and there were alot of them in that link)...

But once again, you cannot win a debate with someone who is unwilling to compromise or unreasonable so I will leave you to your arguments and you can have a nice day...
I agree. You're not very reasonable nor willing to accept that you are wrong when they call you out.
I posted another link and bolded the sentence
that New York City has not been carried by a Republican in a statewide or presidential election since 1924.

but since facts are not good enough for you, I guess we'll leave it at that.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:43 PM

4,911 posts, read 6,827,084 times
NYC voted in a registered republican as mayor. Does they mean we are overwhelmingly republican? Also, you guys realize that NY state as a whole consistently always votes democrat for presidential elections. So with the electoral college the way it exists, many many republicans, both city and state, don't bother to come out and vote being that new york state will inevitably go dem.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I agree. You're not very reasonable nor willing to accept that you are wrong when they call you out.
I posted another link and bolded the sentence
that New York City has not been carried by a Republican in a statewide or presidential election since 1924.

but since facts are not good enough for you, I guess we'll leave it at that.
Do you even read what people write or do you just post whatever you think people are talking about...

I will paste a comment from my last post and then hopefully be done with this thread unless you try to misinterpret my words once again... Again very typical of a liberal mindset... Ignore facts, and what is actually being said, and jump to conclusions... You make a great hipster...

"No where in my post did I say NYC wasn't majority democrat/liberal... " anon1

Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Do you even read what people write or do you just post whatever you think people are talking about...

I will paste a comment from my last post and then hopefully be done with this thread unless you try to misinterpret my words once again... Again very typical of a liberal mindset... Ignore facts, and what is actually being said, and jump to conclusions... You make a great hipster...

"No where in my post did I say NYC wasn't majority democrat/liberal... " anon1
LOL, you can't help yourself uh? regarless of the topic on this board you have to bring up the hipster hate with you everywhere.
It must suck to be so bitter, but I can see where you coming from, since I guess it must also suck to get priced out of Williamsburg and now must live in the grey neighborhood of Ridgewood.
That's ok you'll get it over it.

Anyway, Thanks corroborating my points (1 & 3) of my original post.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
LOL, you can't help yourself uh? regarless of the topic on this board you have to bring up the hipster hate with you everywhere.
It must suck to be so bitter, but I can see where you coming from, since I guess it must also suck to get priced out of Williamsburg and now must live in the grey neighborhood of Ridgewood.
That's ok you'll get it over it.

Anyway, Thanks corroborating my points (1 & 3) of my original post.
Nice comeback... Realized you were wrong and had nothing to say so you result to insults like you constantly blame others of doing... I think we're done here folks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City