U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
2,898 posts, read 4,940,292 times
Reputation: 2166

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
- that new yorkers talk too much.

- that new yorkers always want everyone
to hear what they say when they are only
talking to one person.
I'm sorry but you rebutted jack. The fact of the matter is that NYC as a whole is strongly democratic.
" Obama won Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx by margins of 5-to-1 or more and took hold of Queens by a 3-to-1 margin. The only borough McCain carried was Staten Island, traditionally the most conservative area of the city. Obama's combined million-vote margin in the Five Boroughs would have been enough by itself to carry the state. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._2008#Analysis

How about the fact that "New York City has not been carried by a Republican in a statewide or presidential election since 1924" isnt that convincing enough?

And about the other thing, I gotta tell ya, it was quite interesting to go to B&H ( the store on 34st & 9ave) and see that not only it's staffed by their own security but also by uniformed NYPD cops. Yep. There were two cops on the store guarding it. How many stores in NYC are afforded that luxury?

Also, please find out who holds key or powerful positions in the financial, diamond and media (think investment banks like goldman and media outlets like NYtimes) industries to see the obvious.
Do a search for politicians; think US senators, mayors, assembly speakers and the like.
I don't know I might be wrong about this but they surely exert a good amount of power in the city and state.
btw, I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, just calling it as I see it.




Edit: ooops meant to quote the other guy

Last edited by likeminas; 04-20-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 AM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,937,294 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I'm sorry but you rebutted jack. The fact of the matter is that NYC as a whole is strongly democratic.
" Obama won Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx by margins of 5-to-1 or more and took hold of Queens by a 3-to-1 margin. The only borough McCain carried was Staten Island, traditionally the most conservative area of the city. Obama's combined million-vote margin in the Five Boroughs would have been enough by itself to carry the state. "
United States presidential election in New York, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about the fact that "New York City has not been carried by a Republican in a statewide or presidential election since 1924" isnt that convincing enough?

And about the other thing, I gotta tell ya, it was quite interesting to go to B&H ( the store on 34st & 9ave) and see that not only it's staffed by their own security but also by uniformed NYPD cops. Yep. There were two cops on the store guarding it. How many stores in NYC are afforded that luxury?

Also, please find out who holds key or powerful positions in the financial, diamond and media (think investment banks like goldman and media outlets like NYtimes) industries to see the obvious.
Do a search for politicians; think US senators, mayors, assembly speakers and the like.
I don't know I might be wrong about this but they surely exert a good amount of power in the city and state.
btw, I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, just calling it as I see it.




Edit: ooops meant to quote the other guy
in regards to the liberal conservative (lack of point)
here are some facts.
1. NY in the only big city in the country to have 90% McCain EDs
2. NYC has the most conservative area in the country
3. Southern Brooklyn voted for McCain big.
4. NYC is the only major city where you can make a contiguous area that covers 1/4th of the city's population that voted for McCain
5. McCain won 798 EDs in NY
6. If you only count the ED's that McCain won McCain would win by over 84,341 votes. for comparison McCain only wins by 20,718 votes if you do the same thing for all these cities put together (Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Columbus(OH), Baltimore, Boston, Seattle, Washington, Cleveland, Oakland, New Orleans, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Newark(NJ), Buffalo, Jersey City, Norfolk, Fremont, Rochester (NY), Arlington(VA) Richmond (VA), Yonkers, Newport News, Syracuse, Bridgeport, Alexandria(VA), Hampton, (VA), New Haven, Hartford, Stamford, Bellevue(WA), Allentown, Berkeley, Waterbury, Manchester, Everett, and Erie)
7. over half of the city's population is either black or Hispanic
8. Brownsville, Bed-Stuy Northern Crown Height, Rosedale, Washington Heights, Grand Concourse ext. are not more libreal then Grewnich village, Park Slope, Chelsea, Northern Williamsburg ext.
9. the first group voted more for Obama then the second group
10. most Black and Hispanic in many ways are very conservative.
11. Blacks had a very high turnout in this past election.


in regards to B and H you do know that jews are the demographic group that has the most hate crimes on them per capita and Orthodox Jews are the most visible Jews. In addition terrorist have tried to pull terror attacks on the NY Jewish community specifacly in recent years and I wouldn't be surprised if when you saw that I'll bet it was right after the terrorist attack in Toulouse France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM
 
1,431 posts, read 2,101,987 times
Reputation: 1169
NY Jew, what is your point with all this? That not every single New Yorker is liberal? No one said they were.

McCain carried Texas by only 11 percent, but no sane person would argue with the statement "Texas is a conservative state."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2012, 11:50 AM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,937,294 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I'm sorry but you rebutted jack. The fact of the matter is that NYC as a whole is strongly democratic.
" Obama won Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx by margins of 5-to-1 or more and took hold of Queens by a 3-to-1 margin. The only borough McCain carried was Staten Island, traditionally the most conservative area of the city. Obama's combined million-vote margin in the Five Boroughs would have been enough by itself to carry the state. "
United States presidential election in New York, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about the fact that "New York City has not been carried by a Republican in a statewide or presidential election since 1924" isnt that convincing enough?

And about the other thing, I gotta tell ya, it was quite interesting to go to B&H ( the store on 34st & 9ave) and see that not only it's staffed by their own security but also by uniformed NYPD cops. Yep. There were two cops on the store guarding it. How many stores in NYC are afforded that luxury?

Also, please find out who holds key or powerful positions in the financial, diamond and media (think investment banks like goldman and media outlets like NYtimes) industries to see the obvious.
Do a search for politicians; think US senators, mayors, assembly speakers and the like.
I don't know I might be wrong about this but they surely exert a good amount of power in the city and state.
btw, I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, just calling it as I see it.




Edit: ooops meant to quote the other guy
just for the record most jews hate Bloomberg, Silver and Schumer. and those politicans do not represnet us at all.
with a few local exceptions Jews acutaly get more representation from non jewish Republicans in recent memory.
the Jewish community is seen by the establishment as an easy way to raise money so they ticket us to more then any other community from some of the stupidest things in the city (the ticking quotes problem in the city is the worst in Jewish Flatbush). they constantly cut services to our communities more then other demographics. When the Jewish community had a problem with unwanted illegal series of concerts in Brighton Beach that were problematic because they were right across the street with from 2 synagogues and the concert time was supposed to happen weekly when they were in the middle of services our so called representatives told us to find another time to pray. The recent attack on using public schools for religous services that was much fought in many Hispanic communities also hurt us in many ways and was totally against our wishes. When the Republicans recently put in their budget bussing for schools that ended later (of which majority of them are jewish) due to the leiby Kletsky murder to protect our children Bloomberg tried to fight it. The fact that crime (perpetrated from outside the community) has gone up drastically in recent years is totaly ignored by the politicans of the city and the only cops there seem to be in the Jewish community on a regular basis seem to be meter maids with the occasional counter terrorist unit. when there was that snow storm last year the areas that got cleaned the last were the Jewish parts of Brooklyn. In addition NY's Jewish community is the most gerrymandered community in the country desighned to destroy any influence we can have, the fact the split the only area in the country that has enough Jews to form a majority jewish district in to 5 parts so that the NY Jewish community has a decent chance of being represented by 2 who would be from the biggest anti semites in washington. In addition we're represented by Nadler who lost the Orthodox vote last time because he constantly pushs thing against our community.

you want more cause I can go on for a long time on this one.

Last edited by NY Jew; 04-20-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2012, 11:59 AM
 
2,950 posts, read 1,937,294 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
NY Jew, what is your point with all this? That not every single New Yorker is liberal? No one said they were.

McCain carried Texas by only 11 percent, but no sane person would argue with the statement "Texas is a conservative state."
did you read my original post
my point is that majority of all NYers are not liberal. and the reason why Obama did well is because of groups that vote democrat for reasons that have nothing to do with them being liberal.

many people think that NYC in terms of being libreal is very close to the bay area and that is the most ludicrous thing to say If I would knock most of Manhattan and the libreal parts of Brooklyn (NY would still be by far the biggest city in America) many people would see NYC as the most Conservative big city in America.

the fact that people think that if your from NY you must be a left wing SF nut job is one of the biggest misconceptions in NY. Most NYers conservitive in many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,086,170 times
Reputation: 3383
^^ i guess. i know there are millions of
prejudice new yorkers. look at all the
blacks that got stopped and shot by cops
for no reason, while all the conservatives
praised the police for doing a good job.
that irks me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 6,833,313 times
Reputation: 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^^ i guess. i know there are millions of
prejudice new yorkers. look at all the
blacks that got stopped and shot by cops
for no reason, while all the conservatives
praised the police for doing a good job.
that irks me.

How many blacks got stopped and shot for no reason?

I know the famous cases, so you don't have to cite me those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 PM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,086,170 times
Reputation: 3383
^ smh..don't even start, son lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2012, 01:42 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 6,833,313 times
Reputation: 4279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ smh..don't even start, son lol.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,086,170 times
Reputation: 3383
^ cool. good lookin out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top