U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-07-2012, 01:45 PM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,071,260 times
Reputation: 3383

Advertisements

why do you say everything is the liberals' fault,
when it is mostly you conservatives racial profiling
and locking everyone up for petty crimes, and by
the time they get out, they are second and third
class citizens with criminal records?

that's not independent thinking, if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2012, 02:02 PM
 
8,750 posts, read 15,562,759 times
Reputation: 4168
Well the real issue with this whole thread is the presumption that prior to 1960 (aka before the invasion of those horrible black and brown folks), the low income neighborhoods in NYC were utopias filled with law abiding citizens who spent their days playing cards, reading to their children, and being the moral, respectful upstanding citizens who would never fight, get drunk, or partake in any illegal activities, gangs, or anything of the sort. Just good clean wholesome neighborhoods. As I said, anyone that has knowledge that predates 1960s knows the reality that these low income neighborhoods were in fact much worse than they are today...but that doesn't really jive with the whole "liberals are to blame" and "black people have ruined everything."

And then you have Websterguy adding to the revisionist history claiming people of color, especially those Black ones, are doing poorly because of liberals and their policies in the 1960s...and he ignores everything else as if nothing ever happened prior to 1960. History begins in 1960, and everything before that is really inconsequential and merely a footnote. I can't imagine why anyone would rise up and have major social upheavals in the 60s..according to these guys..everyone was so happy and life was perfect pre 1960!

If we were to remove all those "liberal policies of the 1960s" which are ruining this country (according to Websterguy), interacial marriage would be illegal, women would have limited education (they could not even go to an IVY league school), segregation would be alive and well, redlining would be normal, and on and on.

Those damn liberals and their nonsense equality are just ruining everything....at least according to Websterguy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Crown Heights
965 posts, read 2,107,332 times
Reputation: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well the real issue with this whole thread is the presumption that prior to 1960 (aka before the invasion of those horrible black and brown folks), the low income neighborhoods in NYC were utopias filled with law abiding citizens who spent their days playing cards, reading to their children, and being the moral, respectful upstanding citizens who would never fight, get drunk, or partake in any illegal activities, gangs, or anything of the sort. Just good clean wholesome neighborhoods. As I said, anyone that has knowledge that predates 1960s knows the reality that these low income neighborhoods were in fact much worse than they are today...but that doesn't really jive with the whole "liberals are to blame" and "black people have ruined everything."

And then you have Websterguy adding to the revisionist history claiming people of color, especially those Black ones, are doing poorly because of liberals and their policies in the 1960s...and he ignores everything else as if nothing ever happened prior to 1960. History begins in 1960, and everything before that is really inconsequential and merely a footnote. I can't imagine why anyone would rise up and have major social upheavals in the 60s..according to these guys..everyone was so happy and life was perfect pre 1960!

If we were to remove all those "liberal policies of the 1960s" which are ruining this country (according to Websterguy), interacial marriage would be illegal, women would have limited education (they could not even go to an IVY league school), segregation would be alive and well, redlining would be normal, and on and on.

Those damn liberals and their nonsense equality are just ruining everything....at least according to Websterguy.
thank you, I hate it when people oversimplify history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 02:23 AM
 
119 posts, read 283,542 times
Reputation: 37
Not to be racist becuase im latino. But most places with mostly black people are the worst neighborhoods now. Same goes to areas with predominanetely latino. However im not afraid of any place that has mostly latino bc they are not known for as much murder as the black areas area mostly muggings/robberies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 05:01 AM
 
2,503 posts, read 3,522,162 times
Reputation: 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Boy View Post
Not to be racist becuase im latino. But most places with mostly black people are the worst neighborhoods now. Same goes to areas with predominanetely latino. However im not afraid of any place that has mostly latino bc they are not known for as much murder as the black areas area mostly muggings/robberies.
Yes....very true. Predominantly black neighborhoods come in first as the most dangerous then predominantly spanish neighborhoods come in a distant second.

As a whole, spanish people are not as violent as black people. Just about any predominantly black neighborhood with a very few exceptions, are dangerous areas. And I just don't mean in NYC, I mean in all over the US.

Look at the show on A&E called "The First 48", 98% of the killers are blacks, 98% of the crimes occur in black neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 AM
 
8,750 posts, read 15,562,759 times
Reputation: 4168
Lost Boy, if you were smart you would understand WHY neighborhoods of color are poor, and overwhelmingly segregated. Learn your history...does anyone actually learn and remember things, or does what happened yesterday just become irrelevant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Queens, N.Y.
661 posts, read 1,001,332 times
Reputation: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Yes....very true. Predominantly black neighborhoods come in first as the most dangerous then predominantly spanish neighborhoods come in a distant second.

As a whole, spanish people are not as violent as black people. Just about any predominantly black neighborhood with a very few exceptions, are dangerous areas. And I just don't mean in NYC, I mean in all over the US.

Look at the show on A&E called "The First 48", 98% of the killers are blacks, 98% of the crimes occur in black neighborhoods.
So predominately black neighborhoods such as Laurelton, Cambria Heights, Rosedale, Queens Village, St Albans, East Elmhurst and Springfield Gardens are considered dangerous neighborhoods????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 09:36 AM
 
8,750 posts, read 15,562,759 times
Reputation: 4168
Don't confuse people with facts....facts are irrelevant. All that matters is your color. Here is a great stat we can all appreciate:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/01/ny...pagewanted=all

"In Queens, the median income among black households, nearing $52,000 a year, has surpassed that of whites in 2005, an analysis of new census data shows."

"Among married couples in Queens, the gap was even greater: $78,070 among blacks, higher than any other racial or ethnic group, and $74,503 among whites. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 10:16 AM
 
1,247 posts, read 1,036,265 times
Reputation: 630
Their is too much zig-zagery in this thread, so I am going to put this as simple as possible. How did normal places ( low-income neighborhoods become a bad place? )

------------------------------------------------------------

White people took over the world, and plant the flag

Imperialism = westernization = Americanization = modernization = golbalization

USA Civil War happened, the South lost, meaning their comodity, the non-european was worthless.

However they did not give up with out a fight. They had indentured servants, gave the worst tasks, food, and pay to non-european persons. Simular to how Hong Kong was ran uptill the mid 1990's. They gave the best jobs to the white man. Basically the same as Jay H. Walder, who is currently in Hong Kong, dealing with the MTR orBrookfield CEO Richard B. Clark teasing the Mayor with a lawsuit.

Places in NYC before the lost era, had millions of non-european people,
who are of real slave decendency, and had real African cultures. However it was all white washed. The same with the South, and other places in the USA.

Around the time of the lost era, we had a drout, and depression. and during that time, many people had no jobs. The goverment had to make programs to stimulate trade. Asides for borrowing from other nations, which is the lowest it could go, devaluing the dollar.

After the lost era, people did not want to see anything that was alien to them. Mostly light skinned, or close as white people, could get. The movement was basically "We got the Japanese out, now lets get rid of the rest". This sparked the zoot suit riots, among other race riots. However this was soon forgotten. These things is what started the decay.

Afterwards, we had things that lead up to the civil rights movement.
Malcom X is basically the fire starter. Where he would challenge people who
did not welcome non-europeans. The primary fire starter was when the goverment was trying to erase the effects of civil rights with drug related crimes. You can all tell me, about how often officers will plant goodies on people.

That was peace, and that is where our society stopped. The biggest effects in our society was.

Civil War
Indentured servants

Lost Era WWI, WWII
Great white flight
Zoot suit riots

Korean war/Vietnam occured but at this point nobody really cared about these wars at all, because it was a fight for communism, when in truth, war is a business as well..............................

Civil Rights
Malcom X?
War on drugs 1970's

Commercial era Coca Cola 1980's. Nothing really changed at all. They called it the age of restoration. Super 80's Nothing really changed in the 1990's.
So basically all of these things from the 1970's was commercialized.

Then the Prison culture kicked in, because many people locked up, was released. Then most of these people put themselves back in prison.

2001-2010 Our focus was terrorism. For something that was started by European Imperialization, and Zionists. We also had anti-Latino, where a woman proclaimed that Spanish is a terrible langauge.


Now we are in a time, when, once again the light skinned, and for sure europeans are the only prefered. Everybody wants to be like them.
Anti Negro where American people ( Black Americans ) are not popular anymore.


------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to fill that gap of events, please do so.

The flat fact is the prison culture, and youth culture ( gang culture ) never did become doctors, lawyers, and businessmen. They never saved their money, or planned ahead. They live in homes that was without fathers, and childish mothers, who had little help. They have dreams, where nobody in this nation had any faith in them. They do not even know the loop holes, in the law. They are without love. This is what pretty much happened, and answers many questions.


dad makes fun of his son for looking like marilyn manson - YouTube

That is what happend to the entirety of America. Nobody had faith in their children, and left them to die in the middle of nowhere. Some survived and are using nationwide programs to get somewhere. Eventually they get desperate, insane, or starts to see the world from another light.


...............

You want to talk about Latin/Spanish crimes.

Spanish Americans = African Americans.

They have the same problems but the europeans love them more, like the Asians. Everybody is dirty. If Americans all spoke Espanol, it would be the same exact thing but English speakers would be a minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 AM
 
2,503 posts, read 3,522,162 times
Reputation: 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
So predominately black neighborhoods such as Laurelton, Cambria Heights, Rosedale, Queens Village, St Albans, East Elmhurst and Springfield Gardens are considered dangerous neighborhoods????
What part of "just about" didn't you understand? Did I ever say ALL? Nope!

The sad reality is that you and I can count on one hand the non-ghetto predominately black neighborhoods HOWEVER we BOTH need our hands and toes to count GHETTO PREDOMINATELY BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS. Am I making that up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top