U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:01 PM

194 posts, read 424,574 times

Advertisements

Another BMCC alumnus here (Class of '10). I enjoyed most of my professors and classes there, and they served me well in preparing for the more rigorous course load I ended up taking at Hunter (which I graduated from a month ago). I enjoyed BMCC's campus much more than Hunter's, as the former is located in TriBeCa, which has all kinds of restaurants/fast food places/parks/etc.

As far as Math remediation goes, please try your damnest to get through those courses. Go to the tutor lab, study....let's just say I had to take my math remedials more than once, which stifled my progress at BMCC. Math really seems to be many students Achilles' Heel; I've been witness to students crying, throwing temper tantrums and threatening to give up college over their frustration at failing Math. I even saw a fight erupt while waiting in a LONG line for the Math Lab. It brings out the worst in people, I guess.

Don't get me wrong, this problem isn't exclusive to BMCC, and I ain't trying to scare you. Just avoid falling into the remediation trap like many others have by preparing yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,884,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Bmcc is one of the better community colleges of the CUNY system Imo.
Yes, I agree.
I also agree about ignoring the ghetto people and doing your own thing. You can transfer to a four-year school from BMCC.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 482 times
Thumbs up Emanuele Cesare

I am willing to help anyone who is seriously interested in learning math. I fail the course myself once but I learned new methods and I took it very seriously. I passed Math compass test with 100/100. Send me an email I help you for free any-times. Email me: [email]emacesa1984@gmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City