U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 AM

556 posts, read 1,249,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
lol

Last time I checked the English language includes provisions for the use of quotes.

(since we're all correcting each other)
i see what you did there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 04:01 PM

19 posts, read 22,630 times
guys who told me about Grammer or whatever please stop i have delizea and Grammers been hard for me my entire life . And since when have you became the grammer police
But no im a student and i plan on staying probley Manhanttan and probly shopping

Old 04-24-2012, 05:35 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,275,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emms11 View Post
guys who told me about Grammer or whatever please stop i have delizea and Grammers been hard for me my entire life . And since when have you became the grammer police
But no im a student and i plan on staying probley Manhanttan and probly shopping
Whatever it is you have should not affect you calling a city by its correct name. And to be honest, when I see a lot of grammatical mistakes I tend to not be interested in a post. I have no problem with language barrier but to not even know the correct name of a city?

Old 04-24-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
lol

Last time I checked the English language includes provisions for the use of quotes.

(since we're all correcting each other)
One lesson at a time. It appears that commas and apostrophes are enough of a challenge

Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 PM

4,891 posts, read 8,991,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
One lesson at a time. It appears that commas and apostrophes are enough of a challenge
You mean:
"It appears commas and apostrophes are enough of a challenge".
No 'that'.
Carry on.............

Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 PM

460 posts, read 512,621 times
Quote:
Whatever it is you have should not affect you calling a city by its correct name. And to be honest, when I see a lot of grammatical mistakes I tend to not be interested in a post. I have no problem with language barrier but to not even know the correct name of a city?
Way to totally not understand what he's saying. He may not be good at grammar but you're no good at reading comprehension.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
You mean:
"It appears commas and apostrophes are enough of a challenge".
No 'that'.
Carry on.............
LOL...thanks. I didn't realize I lost the "." when I inserted the smiley! Why no "that"?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Way to totally not understand what he's saying. He may not be good at grammar but you're no good at reading comprehension.
Umm, no, I am very good at reading comprehension. If I am traveling somewhere and expect advice from people then I should know "New York" is two separate words. We often see people coming to C-D asking for advice only to find they aren't always serious. I completely understand asking about safe areas but to ask if it's safe for two 19 year olds seems odd to me considering that NYC is FULL of teenagers, people raising families and the plethora of colleges with students who come from other states and countries.

Last edited by bellakin123; 04-25-2012 at 09:31 AM..

Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM

2,936 posts, read 5,053,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emms11 View Post
Dyslexia or deliriousism from extracurricular activities?

Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM

460 posts, read 512,621 times
Quote:
Umm, no, I am very good at reading comprehension. If I am traveling somewhere and expect advice from people then I should know "New York" is two separate words.
You must have missed the part where he has a perfectly legitimate medical reason to not be good at writing clearly. Knowing "New York" is two words and writing two words are two different things. As someone with a similar but far less severe issue I can guarantee you that I know perfectly well that 2+3=5 and 2x3=6 but that didn't stop me from writing 2+3=6 nearly half the time I took a math test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City