U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:32 AM

12,120 posts, read 27,537,106 times

Advertisements

has anyone ever gone to Pugsley Pizza which i first discovered when i was at Midas(Fordham and Arthur) waiting for my car to be repaired? It is right next to Midas separated by a fence but i swear it is impossible to know it's there unless you go to Midas and walk toward the back of the lot and look

at first i thought it was abandoned but last time i looked i saw young people coming and going. looks kind of ancient and charming at the same time

probably is on E 191 street but i don't recall any avenues that connected with 191. is that a private street?

any comments?

speaking of Fordham, i noticed a Cosi Sandwich/Coffee place being built last time i was there. looks like it's getting kind of spiffy around there. there is another similar place across the street on Fordham
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM

334 posts, read 926,119 times
Yes, I've been to Pugsley's, back in 1989. Yummy pizza, nice to know that they're still around. It's not too hard to find if you're coming out of some of the Fordham buildings, including a big dorm, which must be why it's managed to stay in business. You can see it on Google maps which shows that Hoffman and Hughes connect to 191st St.
It used to have a good word of mouth reputation, it must be the closest pizzeria to the campus and has good food, or at least it used to. How is the food now?
I vaguely remember hearing rumors about the owner having connections to mob activity but I have no idea whether there was any truth to this.
So where is the Cosi Sandwich/Coffee place?

Last edited by gk90; 04-27-2012 at 09:24 PM..

Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 PM

9,832 posts, read 21,499,159 times
Lol ive walked by there so many times. No idea there was a pizzeria there. Is the owner hiding it on purpose?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
has anyone ever gone to Pugsley Pizza which i first discovered when i was at Midas(Fordham and Arthur) waiting for my car to be repaired? It is right next to Midas separated by a fence but i swear it is impossible to know it's there unless you go to Midas and walk toward the back of the lot and look

at first i thought it was abandoned but last time i looked i saw young people coming and going. looks kind of ancient and charming at the same time

probably is on E 191 street but i don't recall any avenues that connected with 191. is that a private street?

any comments?

speaking of Fordham, i noticed a Cosi Sandwich/Coffee place being built last time i was there. looks like it's getting kind of spiffy around there. there is another similar place across the street on Fordham
I live in the area and have not noticed a Cosi. There are a couple of cafes/delis that cater to students. Maybe you saw one of those. There is one such place right on fordham road southern side between hoffman and arthur. I think its called the spot or something like that.

As for the area, its not getting spiffy at all. Rents remain very low. If anything lots in that part of fordham stay open for a while from what I have observed. Landlords seem to have some trouble filling them. Its kinda a tricky area. Not as much foot traffic as the shopping district and you have very different demographics at play between the mostly latino year round residents and the mostly White fordham u students who are transitional.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM

when you take Kazimiroff Blvd(Southern Blvd) past Bedford Pk and bear right to go west on E Fordham Rd, the Cosi is visible on the right from the merge from Kaz onto Fordham Rd, i think it's a block or two before that big self service gas station and Midas

Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM

tricky is a good descriptor. I love Pete's restaurant on Fordham and Hoffman

Old 04-28-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
when you take Kazimiroff Blvd(Southern Blvd) past Bedford Pk and bear right to go west on E Fordham Rd, the Cosi is visible on the right from the merge from Kaz onto Fordham Rd, i think it's a block or two before that big self service gas station and Midas
I tried looking it up on their site and google. Don't find it. Maybe its really new...

Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM

I was last there in November and it was under construction. in fact the entire row might have been new. it was right next to that glassy structure

Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 PM

51 posts, read 87,889 times
C.O.S.I. In the glass building on Fordham Road is a medical center. I thought the same thing when I first saw it.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybold View Post
C.O.S.I. In the glass building on Fordham Road is a medical center. I thought the same thing when I first saw it.
Lol. Yes I thought I had seen that as well! I was looking for that on the google streetview but could not find it. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City