U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,533,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Some people's greed knows no limits.
Instead of complaining about the 1%, what are YOU doing to become a 1%er, heck, even a 20%er at that?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,348,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Instead of complaining about the 1%, what are YOU doing to become a 1%er, heck, even a 20%er at that?!
I take it that is your only goal in life, to be rich like Mitt? You know if everyone was a 1%er, then there would be no one to actually keep the system functioning, unless you are suggesting that minimum wage should start at 1mil a year? Then in that case where do we sign up to that crazy notion.

Oh and how are you doing on your path to being a 1%er? How much further do you have to go or are you still chasing that carrot they keep dangling in front of you? Silly rabbit.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:26 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,347,804 times
Id rather be chasing some carrot then complain about losing in life and never give it a try.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:32 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,533,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I take it that is your only goal in life, to be rich like Mitt? You know if everyone was a 1%er, then there would be no one to actually keep the system functioning, unless you are suggesting that minimum wage should start at 1mil a year? Then in that case where do we sign up to that crazy notion.

Oh and how are you doing on your path to being a 1%er? How much further do you have to go or are you still chasing that carrot they keep dangling in front of you? Silly rabbit.
Urbanlife...you sure have a poor man's way of thinking. That's why you will always be poor and never prosper. "I can't, I can't, I can't". It's a self fulfilling prophecy. You know what? You deserve the life you have Urbanlife. Hate to be in your shoes.

My goal is to become a 1%. Why not dream for the stars? If I fall short and become a 30% or 40%er, I'll be alright and better off than before. I at least improved my lifestyle from the current.

Better to dream big and fall short than NOT dream at all. And you can take that to the bank Urbanlife!

Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 PM

No no no..its better to complain, even protest, against those that had some ambition and drive in life and grabbed the golden ring then try to get their yourself.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:52 PM

1,567 posts, read 2,698,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

lol everyone can't be a 1%er
some people are barely qualified to tie their own shoes and are drastically overpaid even at minimum wage

Old 05-17-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ he's dumb. how many more billions do one person need?
lol how is he dumb? he should pay billions in taxes just to live in this country when he had the freedom and means to live any where he wants?

I agree he has more money than he could ever dream of spending
However giving it to the US govt should would be one of the last places I would want to give it if I was in his shoes

Old 05-17-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Well,
Some can get rich and run WITHOUT paying taxes AND they escape the noose, quite unfairly:

Eduardo Saverin Taxes Citizenship
its not unfair
it would be unfair for a country he isnt even living in to tax him

Old 05-17-2012, 03:05 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,348,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Urbanlife...you sure have a poor man's way of thinking. That's why you will always be poor and never prosper. "I can't, I can't, I can't". It's a self fulfilling prophecy. You know what? You deserve the life you have Urbanlife. Hate to be in your shoes.

My goal is to become a 1%. Why not dream for the stars? If I fall short and become a 30% or 40%er, I'll be alright and better off than before. I at least improved my lifestyle from the current.

Better to dream big and fall short than NOT dream at all. And you can take that to the bank Urbanlife!
Funny, I would say the same thing, I would hate to be in your shoes where the only thing that will bring you happiness is money...for me, money is a byproduct from the things I am doing in my life.

I don't need to dream and wish about being a 1%er because that is not what I am striving for in life, if it happens from the things that make me happy and enjoy my life, then I will be happy being wealthy as well.

See, all you hear is me saying "can't, can't, can't" while all I hear you saying is "want, want, want." And I have never been a greedy person so I will never understand how you are able to find happiness in wanting to be rich rather than enjoy the things in life....but to each their own, whatever makes you happy I guess, I just would never want to be in your shoes....and I probably never will.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM

Why do you equate wanting to have money with no "enjoying the things in life". I got money and I enjoy life...you can enjoy life a lot easier when you don't have to worry about if you can pay your bills. You can enjoy life when you want to buy something and not worry if you can afford it. You can enjoy life when you can give your family some luxuries and provide them with an easier life.

Sorry to upset your world view but you don't have to be "rich" or "1%" to be in an economic strata that is envied by low class losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City