U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 28,292,753 times
Reputation: 7824

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Well you see..thats the problem right there. You have NO DESIRE to be financially independent, financially free. Your mindset is wrong.
Stop listening to the conservative machine, wealth is all that matter, you must keep your nose down and keep working, don't question the system, you will be like "us" one day and we will all be rich.

Being Mitt Romney rich isn't a goal, it is an effect, if the things I do in life make me rich, then I will enjoy the effect from it, but if the things I do in life make is so I have a good income that is able to support my family and allow me to do the things I want to do in life, then I am happy with that.

One doesn't need to make their goal to be the next billionaire to be financially independent...besides, there is nothing you do that is independent of this country, everything you enjoy in this country is provided to you because we function as a whole.

Not worrying about becoming rich doesn't mean anything, heck you might as well criticize me for not wanting to be famous too...cause then how will anyone know who I am??

Seriously, grow up and stop pretending like you are going to become rich like the 1%, the system is going to make sure that never happens....unless you are bankrolling $1million+ a year, which in that cause, good for you, I hope your money makes you happy....personally it is my fiancee that makes me happy, but that is me and my priorities in life are obviously different than yours, which I am thankful for because I would be miserable too if all I cared about was "being rich one day..."
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,076,906 times
Reputation: 3383
too many billionaires make it harder
for anyone else to make or earn a
million. that's the main reason the
economy is so screwed up now-
greedy people who have more than
they humanly need in one life.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 PM
 
2,503 posts, read 3,524,072 times
Reputation: 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Stop listening to the conservative machine, wealth is all that matter, you must keep your nose down and keep working, don't question the system, you will be like "us" one day and we will all be rich.

Being Mitt Romney rich isn't a goal, it is an effect, if the things I do in life make me rich, then I will enjoy the effect from it, but if the things I do in life make is so I have a good income that is able to support my family and allow me to do the things I want to do in life, then I am happy with that.

One doesn't need to make their goal to be the next billionaire to be financially independent...besides, there is nothing you do that is independent of this country, everything you enjoy in this country is provided to you because we function as a whole.

Not worrying about becoming rich doesn't mean anything, heck you might as well criticize me for not wanting to be famous too...cause then how will anyone know who I am??

Seriously, grow up and stop pretending like you are going to become rich like the 1%, the system is going to make sure that never happens....unless you are bankrolling $1million+ a year, which in that cause, good for you, I hope your money makes you happy....personally it is my fiancee that makes me happy, but that is me and my priorities in life are obviously different than yours, which I am thankful for because I would be miserable too if all I cared about was "being rich one day..."
ATTENTION ALL CD USERS:

The above is NOT how to think if you want to be successful in life. What Urbanlife displays is a poor man's way of thinking. I CAN'T, I CAN'T, I CAN'T. Excuse after excuse. Instead of saying I CAN'T, ask yourself HOW CAN I?

Yes yes I know, wealthy people are scumbags. Smh. They hold you back and oppress you. Boo hoo! More excuses.

Last edited by hilltopjay; 04-30-2012 at 01:28 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 28,292,753 times
Reputation: 7824
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
ATTENTION ALL CD USERS:

The above is NOT how to think if you want to be successful in life. What Urbanlife displays is a poor man's way of think. I CAN'T, I CAN'T, I CAN'T. Excuse after excuse. Instead of saying I CAN'T, ask yourself HOW CAN I?

Yes yes I know, wealthy people are scumbags. Smh. They hold you back and oppress you. Boo hoo! More excuses.
Oh yes, "great wise one" show me the way to being rich...I am guessing you are a millionaire or billionaire right now and swim in your money to enjoy all your lavish dreams!! You seriously should learn how to read, I can have a family, I can support that family and myself, I can work hard, I can do things that bring me and my family joy....where in that did I say I can't?? Did I say I can't be rich?? Did I??? Go back and re-read my post and tell me exactly where I used the word "can't" I will wait.....



Find that word you were looking for yet? I doubt it because what I said is that being rich wasn't my goal, it is an effect from the things that I do in life. If what I do makes me rich, then I will enjoy being rich, if the things I do in life provide for my family, I will also enjoy that....so where do you hear the word can't??? Please oh "great wise one" tell us where you saw me say that?


I am waiting....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 01:24 PM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,076,906 times
Reputation: 3383
lls..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
 
64,771 posts, read 66,270,542 times
Reputation: 43153
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
too many billionaires make it harder
for anyone else to make or earn a
million. that's the main reason the
economy is so screwed up now-
greedy people who have more than
they humanly need in one life.
really , i didnt know this...

if you believe that to be true you will lead yourself right down the path to your own financial suicide.

i started with nothing and took control of my own life making sure my goals were hit and i had a plan so i disagree 100%
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,076,906 times
Reputation: 3383
^ excellent for you. make
that billion, and if you don't,
where is the disagreement?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 03:57 PM
 
64,771 posts, read 66,270,542 times
Reputation: 43153
dont need a billion just need enough to live the lifestyle i chose to lead and carry it through retirement. . been successful at doing that . most dont need an obscene amount of money to be considered successful.

the one great thing money can give you is choices in life. you are not locked into one path our outcome.as long as you have enough money to make the choices in life you want then thats all the money i need.

i learned that as a kid almost 45 years ago . growing up in the woodside housing project i wasnt exactly a model kid. my best friend got into some legal trouble. his parents made just over the limit for legal aid and his parents couldnt afford a lawyer.

his only choice was to plead guilty to something he didnt do. in fact i knew he didnt do it because both of us were part of it only we chickened out and didnt do it but he got blamed .
well at the last minute a relative mortgaged the house, paid for a lawyer and my friends charges were dismissed.

thats when i learned how important it is to have enough money to have choices in life. the feeling of having no other choice or path must have been horrible for him.


the point is financial success means different things to each one of us and while money may not bring happiness having a lack of money is out right miserable. especially when it comes to choices you need to make..

Last edited by mathjak107; 04-30-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 05:00 PM
 
2,503 posts, read 3,524,072 times
Reputation: 1906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
dont need a billion just need enough to live the lifestyle i chose to lead and carry it through retirement. . Been successful at doing that . Most dont need an obscene amount of money to be considered successful.

The one great thing money can give you is choices in life. You are not locked into one path our outcome.as long as you have enough money to make the choices in life you want then thats all the money i need.

I learned that as a kid almost 45 years ago . Growing up in the woodside housing project i wasnt exactly a model kid. My best friend got into some legal trouble. His parents made just over the limit for legal aid and his parents couldnt afford a lawyer.

His only choice was to plead guilty to something he didnt do. In fact i knew he didnt do it because both of us were part of it only we chickened out and didnt do it but he got blamed .
Well at the last minute a relative mortgaged the house, paid for a lawyer and my friends charges were dismissed.

Thats when i learned how important it is to have enough money to have choices in life. The feeling of having no other choice or path must have been horrible for him.


The point is financial success means different things to each one of us and while money may not bring happiness having a lack of money is out right miserable. Especially when it comes to choices you need to make..
amen!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 PM
 
64,771 posts, read 66,270,542 times
Reputation: 43153
Generally its not money thats the root of all evil, its lack of money.

the problem is by the time most folks realize just how important it is to be financially strong its usually to late to undo the damage. as you get closer and closer to retirement you begin to realize just how much dough a successful retirement will take unless you want to live the life of a dumpster diver or live whats left in your life doing everything on the cheap and never being able to do the things you wanted to do.

financially most folks drift like a cork in water. they never make things happen in their life, they are never in control. they have no stratagy ,no goal , no plan.

then they complain they have no money, everything is a scam and those with money are keeping them down.

its the same excuse repeated over and over . they just dont get it that they comitted their own financial suicide much of the time.

i write so many articles trying to teach pre-retirees about planning and structuring for retirement. so many are just to far gone because they never cared and never took an interest.

Last edited by mathjak107; 04-30-2012 at 05:45 PM..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top