U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 AM

20,169 posts, read 26,480,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
banks don't ask you for your report card, they ask you for your financial statement.

I LIKE that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,524,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

I LIKE that!
Finally, something I write you agree with. Lol. Keep it up and I might take you off my sh-t list. Lol

Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 714 times
Angry Tax Breaks to Provide Employment???

This is absurd! Actually, the whole "tax break" crap is absurd! Yes... They provide employment.... But they do not create "tax break employment jobs! They own huge corporations and businesses, if they don't have employees who will do the work? You cannot run a profitable business without employees !!!
(picture the Presidents, CEOs, and Board Members actually working...
So my question is.... If they stop all of the many tax breaks given to the "rich and powerful" will this country, The United States of America, then have no large corporations or businesses to employ Americans? What is the threat posed if the tax break for providing these jobs is eliminated? It would appear, to me, the dollar amount of these tax breaks would far exceed the cost of the "unemployed" let go due to elimination of, basically, the government paying their salaries. I have little doubt that even with no tax breaks these corporations would still have a full work force as not to have to answer to Stock Holders and their Board of Directors! Maybe they might have their little "hissy fits" and lay off workers to prove a point... But as soon as their bottom lines even hint at reflecting lack of employees, they will be forced to rehire or replace displaced employees! The government should initiate a NewTaxLaw that increases taxes for every job sent out if the USA! such as our Financial Institutions! I am not happy that I must deal with people from... Say India for example... I find the English hard to understand but that's not my major complaint! The fact that MY FINANCIAL INFORMATION IS READILY AVAILABLE
to hundreds (thousands?) of individuals that haven't any idea that manhattan (where I purchased an item that needed a refund) is only 2 miles from where i
Live!!! an will argue a point until you are at your wits end !!! Then, finally, after 27minutes of saying "excuse me?", "what?", " could you please repeat that?" etc. You are FINALLY transferred to the Supervisor and, like magic, your back in the USA! Soooo...... My suggestion of cuttin out a tax break and then creating an additional tax on profits of billions of dollars, we, USA, would have more than enough money to take care of our newly unemployed... The possible victims of tax rebate reform! AND I'VE A QUESTION... does the Banking Industry have any responsibility in repaying the billions given to them by our Government ? Perhaps we can hit their "profits" for a percentage or two! Options should be looked into ... In all cases of tax breaks, or in all cases where money is their main motivator! I haven't had any sleep so I will apologize in advance for my ramblings and jumping subjects ! Sorry!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna711 View Post
This is absurd! Actually, the whole "tax break" crap is absurd! Yes... They provide employment.... But they do not create "tax break employment jobs! They own huge corporations and businesses, if they don't have employees who will do the work? You cannot run a profitable business without employees !!!
(picture the Presidents, CEOs, and Board Members actually working...
So my question is.... If they stop all of the many tax breaks given to the "rich and powerful" will this country, The United States of America, then have no large corporations or businesses to employ Americans? What is the threat posed if the tax break for providing these jobs is eliminated? It would appear, to me, the dollar amount of these tax breaks would far exceed the cost of the "unemployed" let go due to elimination of, basically, the government paying their salaries. I have little doubt that even with no tax breaks these corporations would still have a full work force as not to have to answer to Stock Holders and their Board of Directors! Maybe they might have their little "hissy fits" and lay off workers to prove a point... But as soon as their bottom lines even hint at reflecting lack of employees, they will be forced to rehire or replace displaced employees! The government should initiate a NewTaxLaw that increases taxes for every job sent out if the USA! such as our Financial Institutions! I am not happy that I must deal with people from... Say India for example... I find the English hard to understand but that's not my major complaint! The fact that MY FINANCIAL INFORMATION IS READILY AVAILABLE
to hundreds (thousands?) of individuals that haven't any idea that manhattan (where I purchased an item that needed a refund) is only 2 miles from where i
Live!!! an will argue a point until you are at your wits end !!! Then, finally, after 27minutes of saying "excuse me?", "what?", " could you please repeat that?" etc. You are FINALLY transferred to the Supervisor and, like magic, your back in the USA! Soooo...... My suggestion of cuttin out a tax break and then creating an additional tax on profits of billions of dollars, we, USA, would have more than enough money to take care of our newly unemployed... The possible victims of tax rebate reform! AND I'VE A QUESTION... does the Banking Industry have any responsibility in repaying the billions given to them by our Government ? Perhaps we can hit their "profits" for a percentage or two! Options should be looked into ... In all cases of tax breaks, or in all cases where money is their main motivator! I haven't had any sleep so I will apologize in advance for my ramblings and jumping subjects ! Sorry!

We all have families and mouths to feed. Finding employees is super easy. A dime a dozen. One employer can represent 5000 jobs. That's 5000 people that would otherwise be starving. Thats 5000 people the city doesnt have to subsidize. Thats 5000 people buying stuff, creating tax revenue for the city, and helping the economy. One employer can have a ripple effect on a city and you say tax breaks are unfair? I don't think so. The city gives these businesses tax breaks as an incentive to stay in NY and contribute to NY's economy. Employers hold the power, not employees. Remember...there will always be Chiefs and Indians.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM

64,778 posts, read 66,270,542 times
we employee 80 people in long island. we manufacture our products in china so we can be competitive but we assemble ,design , engineer and test our products right here in long island.

the real estate taxes and corporate taxes we pay could build a new colosium by itself.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:38 AM

457 posts, read 511,949 times
The roman empire fell due:

the huge taxes on the poor
the instability of the family
too many wars
the huge disparity between the rich and poor

Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
The roman empire fell due:

the huge taxes on the poor
the instability of the family
too many wars
the huge disparity between the rich and poor
Provide a link for your claim.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 AM

64,778 posts, read 66,270,542 times
we have no income taxes on the poor ....

Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 AM

40,057 posts, read 29,742,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
Yep, that's Bloombergs NYC.
Well...he's just going along with the trend. Current Republican golden boy Paul Ryan wants to do the same thing (but on a national level).

Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 AM

46,054 posts, read 28,298,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
we have no income taxes on the poor ....
Everyone that has an income has an income tax, just some of them get that money back at the end of the tax year....and income tax isn't the only tax out there...so we all pay taxes one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City