U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 AM

523 posts, read 1,256,239 times

Advertisements

I have to agree with "availableusername" 100%. I mean look at the barclays arena. The properties they took were good properties but the city still forced them out. and in this case the city neglected the area. Now they want to force them out! ridiculous.. whats next make everyone in the projects (nycha) move out. tear them down and develop luxury buildings and make 20% low income. Makes sense i mean projects are dangerous right and an eye sore? I mean alot of the projects are prime real estate! lets do it bloomberg! make the richer richer !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM

8,016 posts, read 9,062,796 times
greedy people are no better than starving people.
the ultra- rich just want to take advantage of
everyone, because they have the city, state and
federal politicians in their back pockets; never
mind true democracy.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:35 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,993,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
I have to agree with "availableusername" 100%. I mean look at the barclays arena. The properties they took were good properties but the city still forced them out. and in this case the city neglected the area. Now they want to force them out! ridiculous.. whats next make everyone in the projects (nycha) move out. tear them down and develop luxury buildings and make 20% low income. Makes sense i mean projects are dangerous right and an eye sore? I mean alot of the projects are prime real estate! lets do it bloomberg! make the richer richer !
I don't think they need to tear them down, but they definitely need to revise who can occupy them and for how long. People have that mentality that once they get public housing they never want or have to leave and that's why a lot (not all) of minorites and other occupants never prosper.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:39 AM

^ most minorities don't prosper because
the majority exploits them by owning all
the land, jobs, resources and political
power everywhere you go.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:55 AM

4,911 posts, read 6,818,691 times
For the record, I personally never said anything about the projects. That is a completely different animal. Those folks do not own anything about it.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
power everywhere you go.
False. Most minorities don't prosper because of their mentality towards life and the 'system'. Most still talk about what they don't want to do or what they think they're too good for, yet they don't have stable income (and is in no position to be picky). The Projects (NYCHA) should revamp the requirements and qualifications and terminate those who can't follow those guidelines. There are ALOT of good working people who occupy the projects AND they work hard to get out because they use the projects as a stepping stone, That's the way it should be. A stepping stone to get better, not to occupy them forever.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:28 PM

^ you must be a minority living in the projects, huh?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
^ you must be a minority living in the projects, huh?
Lol!!!

I've never lived in the projects but there is nothing wrong with people working to get out. Oh also you can ask the Mods to check my IP address. I live in a GREAT neighborhood.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 PM

14,780 posts, read 17,397,072 times
Quote:
power everywhere you go.
IS that majority the 1% who control almost anything everything?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:19 PM

1,682 posts, read 2,626,157 times
The arguments are useless because it's plain stupid not to redevelop that area. It is going to happen like it or not.

Yes, Willets Point currently has a higher vacancy rate then the city average.
Yes, there is only one residential resident.
Yes, it is an eyesore.
Yes, it is environmentally destructive.

Automobile usage continues to decline in NYC, along with the need for such facilities.

Located between the growing communities of Flushing and East Elmhurst/Corona. New Stadium even.

Character? Chinatown has character, Willet's Point is an industrial dump I care spend the least time possible in. The current owners will be satisfied financially in the end, no one is loosing out. Stop the sobbing over non-sense. Progress will occur, we have entered a new era in this city over the last few years. Green, sustainable, pro-pedestrian, urban. It's about time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City